Bush's wars to cost 1 trillion

martyrs are certainly part of the society and culture and theology.

The martyrs themselves are dead. Gone. They themselves are no longer a part of society.

free will is government controlled in Islam.

Nope. Sorry. The government assigns dictates, but there is still a fundamental choice whether to follow those dictates. Free will is a universal human concept.

muslims in the US regard Sharia law over US law in many cases. and that is a growing danger to the DHS. go to Dearborn MI and tell me Sharia law doesn't exist there. how about that couple in Atlanta that did the traditional genital mutilation on their daughter? many other instances. be aware.

Dearborn has a large population of Arabs, according to their wikipedia article - the densest concentration of Arabs anywhere outside the Middle East. It says nothing about Sharia in Dearborn. Post a link to what you're talking about.

Werbung:
martyrs are certainly part of the society and culture and theology.
free will is government controlled in Islam.
muslims in the US regard Sharia law over US law in many cases. and that is a growing danger to the DHS. go to Dearborn MI and tell me Sharia law doesn't exist there. how about that couple in Atlanta that did the traditional genital mutilation on their daughter? many other instances. be aware.

Where in the Quran does it say anything about female genital mutilation?

I think you are looking at a cultural thing because it isn't limited to Islam and not all Islamic populations practice it.

Judaism

FGC was practiced by the minority Ethiopian Jewish community (Beta Israel), formerly known as Falasha, most of whom now live in Israel, but it is not known if the practice has persisted following their emigration to Israel.

Christianity

As FGC rituals predated the missionaries work in North Africa, many African tribes continue the practice as a matter of cultural tradition. In primarily Christian countries (for instance, Ghana), women undergoing circumcision make reference to the practice in the Old Testament[citation needed], being performed by Abraham's wife, Sarah.

In the United States, as recently as 1938, FGC was advocated by some Christian evangelistsas a method of preventing masturbation. As one preacher prescribed: "While incest and illicit commerce of the sexes is abominable, there is another even more so--if that be possible--that is, the heinous sin of self-pollution or masturbation... "

The martyrs themselves are dead. Gone. They themselves are no longer a part of society.

Nope. Sorry. The government assigns dictates, but there is still a fundamental choice whether to follow those dictates. Free will is a universal human concept.

Dearborn has a large population of Arabs, according to their wikipedia article - the densest concentration of Arabs anywhere outside the Middle East. It says nothing about Sharia in Dearborn. Post a link to what you're talking about.
ok, if you don't want to understand Islam that's your choice.
you should have no questions about why the flying imams are suing passengers, why we are in Iraq, Afghanistan, and why 911 happened then.
have a nice day.

I find it difficult to believe he/she works in counter-terrorism education. The rhetoric is both ignorant and unrefined...

she does work in counter-terrorism education. really.
I have students on all levels from college seniors to first responders. how many years have you studied Islam?

are you saying I'm not welcome here?

Did I say that? Or did you just interpret my asking for your opinion to mean that you're not welcome here?

And you dodged the question, by the way.

obviously we need some counter-terrorism education.

"Counter-terrorism" is a dualistic statement; there are the terrorists and the counter-terrorists. If you don't have any opinion how do you justify taking a side in a dualistic situation?

ok, if you don't want to understand Islam that's your choice.

This does not constitute a rebuttal.

you should have no questions about why the flying imams are suing passengers,

The "flying imams" are suing passengers for religious discrimination. Point out to me where in the Qu'ran it says, "Fight the infidel using litigation. Surely his lawyers are weak!"

why we are in Iraq,

Open to debate. We have several threads on this subject if you'd like to jump in.

Afghanistan,

Everyone forgets this one. I guess the people still feel we were justified in invading Afghanistan.

and why 911 happened then.

Again, open to debate. I'd say their intent was to make us sit up and notice them. Which we did.

have a nice day.

I'd love to, but it's finals week and I'm rather busy. I'll have a nice day sometime next week.

I'd love to, but it's finals week and I'm rather busy. I'll have a nice day sometime next week.

What exactly do finals consist of at an art school?

Let me guess. Your final paper: "write a creative piece comparing American foreign policy today to either the Roman conquests or the Napoleonic wars."

What exactly do finals consist of at an art school?

Let me guess. Your final paper: "write a creative piece comparing American foreign policy today to either the Roman conquests or the Napoleonic wars."

Ha.

Basically I've been revising about half a dozen written pieces (around twenty pages in total - doesn't sound like a lot but when the teacher's policy is "every word is on trial for its life" it stacks up). On top of that, I have to write a 5 page feature article on what people think our school will look like in 20 years, and a 7-10 page paper supporting or defending the statement that "war is horrible, but still a broadening and educational experience in which the soul is tested and purged by adversity, and positive values triumph," using two of the books we read in War Stories class (the Iliad, Christa Wolf's Cassandra, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Naked and the Dead, and The Quiet American).

I was up all last night working on the revisions packet. Tonight I write the feature article (I still need a couple more interviews to build it on) and finish the War Stories paper (which I've written about five pages of). Then I'm done.

Werbung:
I was up all last night working on the revisions packet. Tonight I write the feature article (I still need a couple more interviews to build it on) and finish the War Stories paper (which I've written about five pages of). Then I'm done.

Not too long ago, I was pulling those nighters preparing for exams. Good luck, vyo.

Back