Costliest War

Gipper

What was America's most costly war? No, not WWII.

Of course, it is the War on Poverty. I wonder why libs/progressives never complain about this war since they complain about every other American war.

The truth can set you free unless you want to be a slave (aka liberalism).

Consider these findings:

* Welfare to poor and low-income families is now the third most expensive government function after aid to the elderly in the form of Social Security and Medicare and after education. We spend less on national defense than on welfare.
* Welfare spending in 2008 was $714 billion. That’s 13 times greater than welfare spending in 1964, when President Lyndon B. Johnson started the War on Poverty.
* During his bid for the presidency, Obama repeatedly bemoaned the fact that the war in Iraq cost each American household about $100 each month. By comparison, welfare spending costs each American family $560 per month this year; next year, that number will jump to $638.
* And speaking of war, the federal and state governments spent $15.92 trillion (adjusted 2008 dollars) on welfare from 1965 to 2008. By comparison, the cost of all American wars since the Revolution is $6.39 trillion (adjusted 2008 dollars).
http://www.bobbeauprez.com/the-most-expensiveand-least-successfulwar-in-us-history

Werbung:

Of course, it is the War on Poverty. I wonder why libs/progressives never complain about this war since they complain about every other American war.

Good point

but they will still raise your taxes and punish you if you work hard to give it to others who refuse to work at all.

I agree, lets kill the poor instead make it a real war. Happy?

"Efficiency and progress is ours once more
Now that we have the neutron bomb
It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done
Away with excess enemy
But no less value to property
No sense in war but perfect sense at home¡*

The sun beams down on a brand new day
No more welfare tax to pay
Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
Jobless millions whisked away
At last we have more room to play
All systems go to kill the poor tonight

Gonna
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor¡*tonight

Behold the sparkle of champagne
The crime rate's gone
Feel free again
O' life's a dream with you, miss lily white
Jane fonda on the screen today
Convinced the liberals it's okay
So let's get dressed and dance away the night

While they¡*
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor¡*tonight"

Dead Kennedys

I agree, lets kill the poor instead make it a real war. Happy?

"Efficiency and progress is ours once more
Now that we have the neutron bomb
It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done
Away with excess enemy
But no less value to property
No sense in war but perfect sense at home¡*

The sun beams down on a brand new day
No more welfare tax to pay
Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
Jobless millions whisked away
At last we have more room to play
All systems go to kill the poor tonight

Gonna
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor¡*tonight

Behold the sparkle of champagne
The crime rate's gone
Feel free again
O' life's a dream with you, miss lily white
Jane fonda on the screen today
Convinced the liberals it's okay
So let's get dressed and dance away the night

While they¡*
Kill kill kill kill kill the poor¡*tonight"

Dead Kennedys

Calm down, smoke a joint!

Gipper,
I think you might be onto something here. Lets remove any assistance from the government. Its not in the Constitution anyways. Let any assistance be voluntary through individual efforts of group efforts. Then cut taxes, or shift those resources into the police force that will be necessary for the massive increase in crime that will no doubt result in massive crime and probably looting and rioting. Because it would make literally millions of people unemployed therefore adding to the poverty issue.

Of course there would be untold wealth to be made for a few. Which makes me consider how this would alter the rest of society. One might want to have a look at the societal and poverty issues in places like Mexico or a bunch of others in South America that do not include Venezuela, some of the former eastern bloc countries as good examples.

Then we could consider how much of our tax savings we will have go to help charity. Or big screen TVs. Well at least we could give a homeless guy a few bucks to carry it into the house for us.

This is a great idea, I am going to need a way to figure out how to shortsell on a bunch of retail stocks. As soon as all that government handout money goes away, Walmart is going to get hurt.

* Welfare to poor and low-income families is now the third most expensive government function after aid to the elderly in the form of Social Security and Medicare and after education. We spend less on national defense than on welfare.

I take exception to the use of the term "aid" when referencing Social Security and Medicare. These are things that we have been paying for out of each of our checks.

I also, believe that we need safety net programs to make sure we don't end up in worse case scenarios. The problem is that they encompass too many people and are very poorly managed. IMHO

Somehow it wouldnt surprise me if he did. But in all fairness do you know who The Dead Kennedy's are?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Kennedys

Actually Pan, I think you might actually get a real big kick out of the spoken word work by Jello Biafra. You might think of him as the underground equivalent of Rush or Beck.

Normaly I would say hey I don't smoke up...but lol actuly Friday I did for my friends Birthday ...first time I took a hit of anything in years lol...and last time was the first time lol

Somehow it wouldnt surprise me if he did. But in all fairness do you know who The Dead Kennedy's are?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Kennedys

Actually Pan, I think you might actually get a real big kick out of the spoken word work by Jello Biafra. You might think of him as the underground equivalent of Rush or Beck.

Yes I know who the dead kennedys are but its been a while since i listened to them and I didnt like them when I did. I dislike punk music.

I had to look up the other guy and just from reading a line i can tell you I would not like him

Politically, Jello is a member of the Green Party[1] and actively supports leftist political causes

I dislike leftist policys and causes and I dont like the green party either

and as of today I do not like build a bear and refuse to ever buy anything for my daughter from them again for what they did this week on global warming and brainwashing children.

Pocket looked upset, he should get high

Yes I know who the dead kennedys are but its been a while since i listened to them and I didnt like them when I did. I dislike punk music.

I had to look up the other guy and just from reading a line i can tell you I would not like him

Politically, Jello is a member of the Green Party[1] and actively supports leftist political causes

and as of today I do not like build a bear and refuse to ever buy anything for my daughter from them again for what they did this week on global warming and brainwashing children.

why where they giving to many facts?

LOL, well fair enough. I know you dislike left policies, but I would imagine you could appreciate Jello's approach. Sure he is pretty much an anarchy driven revolutionist, he has a presentation approach that is not all that different from the major right wing media talking heads.

LOL, well fair enough. I know you dislike left policies, but I would imagine you could appreciate Jello's approach. Sure he is pretty much an anarchy driven revolutionist, he has a presentation approach that is not all that different from the major right wing media talking heads.

Ill try and find something by him on youtube and see if I find him interesting

Gipper,
I think you might be onto something here. Lets remove any assistance from the government. Its not in the Constitution anyways. Let any assistance be voluntary through individual efforts of group efforts. Then cut taxes, or shift those resources into the police force that will be necessary for the massive increase in crime that will no doubt result in massive crime and probably looting and rioting. Because it would make literally millions of people unemployed therefore adding to the poverty issue.

Of course there would be untold wealth to be made for a few. Which makes me consider how this would alter the rest of society. One might want to have a look at the societal and poverty issues in places like Mexico or a bunch of others in South America that do not include Venezuela, some of the former eastern bloc countries as good examples.

Then we could consider how much of our tax savings we will have go to help charity. Or big screen TVs. Well at least we could give a homeless guy a few bucks to carry it into the house for us.

This is a great idea, I am going to need a way to figure out how to shortsell on a bunch of retail stocks. As soon as all that government handout money goes away, Walmart is going to get hurt.

Typical response. I point out the outrageous costs of a failed big government program and you lefties think conservatives want ALL welfare to end and the poor to die. Rather childish response, but common to lefties. The Dems have claimed the Rs wanted to end SS for years now, yet no R ever proposed ending SS. The Dems recently claimed the Rs wanted the Grand Wizard of the KKK Robert Byrd to die because they are against Obamacare. Rather distorted yes?

The point you miss is that welfare does not work. We need to come up with a different approach, but this will never happen because the Left wants millions of Americans enslaved to big government. Any criticism of Welfare is met with hysterical responses like yours. So, nothing changes.

Werbung:
Back