Cancer Bulbs

Do you mean on the part of those who think regular bulbs are going to destroy the world and must be outlawed or those who fear the loss of light bulbs so much they are hoarding them?

You should really try harder, if you can, to participate in the discussion. Is this really your best attempt at understanding the issue?

Werbung:
So this is typical of your posting style?

No one has said that the new bulbs are going to save the world. It's part of a process to keep the environment people-friendly.

Well lightbulbs we can sort of control... (Just use the older/BETTER ones)

We cant stop what they are doing in the sky unfornetly :(

I like my energy bill lower and paying less...I guess you enjoy wasting energy because well ok I don't even know why, I have replaced every bulb in my place with them as they go out...never had one go out...same at old place...it was nice...

but if it saves energy conservitives must hate it, if you can burn it drill it or throw more CO2 and pollution in the air...you love it.

Hummer = great car
Prius = bad car

Yeah, I have noticed that. Light bulbs become a political battle. Everything is a battle. I like the longer lasting light bulbs, and I like saving money. They seem great to me.

Yeah, I have noticed that. Light bulbs become a political battle. Everything is a battle. I like the longer lasting light bulbs, and I like saving money. They seem great to me.

Hope you don't have small children. In your attempt to "save the environment", you are needlessly spending more money AND putting the lives of people who live in or visit your house trailer in danger.

I prefer to buy 4- 60 watt lightbulbs for 99 cents at Wal Mart. No mercury and no harmful emissions.

Hope you don't have small children. In your attempt to "save the environment", you are needlessly spending more money AND putting the lives of people who live in or visit your house trailer in danger.

I prefer to buy 4- 60 watt lightbulbs for 99 cents at Wal Mart. No mercury and no harmful emissions.

so...mercury in very small amount in light bulb...bad
Mercury spewed into air out of smoke stack...fine

also you must have a mythical wallmart that sells some super cheap bulbs..
even there bulk pack I saw online ended up around a 1.50 per bulb...But you have 25 cent bulbs? even so...lets say I get the
GE CFL 13 Soft-White Spiral - 12 bulbs...for 28 bucks..thats lets round that up to 2.25 a bulb....that bulb is designed to last 6 years...but for you, it lasted half as long so lets say 3.....
its stated to save 47 bucks a bulb in energy cost...lets cut that in half.
so thats rounded down to 23 bucks each.

One bulb at cutting the time it worked for, and the amount of energy expected ...in half just for your benifit...only took just over one light bulb to make up the whole cost of the pack of 12. 23 bucks times 12 bulbs....thats 276 bucks savings over half the life expected half the energy expected, for that pack...so you saved...a few bucks...I saved possibly a few hundred...

but this is typical of conservatives now a days...cut costs...even if cutting that cost actually costs more money in the long run...if a program spends 1 dollar for every 7 in generates...cut it...because you don't want to spend the buck..so your saving a buck cost you 7 bucks...

buy even if you break one of the bulbs...the amount of mercury...is about the same as a piece of fish...( of course you are for more mercury in fish right since you are against the EPA and any pollution controls required I am guessing? )

http://www.llamamoney.com/6-myths-about-cfls/

so...mercury in very small amount in light bulb...bad
Mercury spewed into air out of smoke stack...fine

also you must have a mythical wallmart that sells some super cheap bulbs..
even there bulk pack I saw online ended up around a 1.50 per bulb...But you have 25 cent bulbs? even so...lets say I get the
GE CFL 13 Soft-White Spiral - 12 bulbs...for 28 bucks..thats lets round that up to 2.25 a bulb....that bulb is designed to last 6 years...but for you, it lasted half as long so lets say 3.....
its stated to save 47 bucks a bulb in energy cost...lets cut that in half.
so thats rounded down to 23 bucks each.

One bulb at cutting the time it worked for, and the amount of energy expected ...in half just for your benifit...only took just over one light bulb to make up the whole cost of the pack of 12. 23 bucks times 12 bulbs....thats 276 bucks savings over half the life expected half the energy expected, for that pack...so you saved...a few bucks...I saved possibly a few hundred...

but this is typical of conservatives now a days...cut costs...even if cutting that cost actually costs more money in the long run...if a program spends 1 dollar for every 7 in generates...cut it...because you don't want to spend the buck..so your saving a buck cost you 7 bucks...

buy even if you break one of the bulbs...the amount of mercury...is about the same as a piece of fish...( of course you are for more mercury in fish right since you are against the EPA and any pollution controls required I am guessing? )

http://www.llamamoney.com/6-myths-about-cfls/

Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah. LMAO!

Hey P&P (our beloved site libs) it is likely you both believe in man caused global warming, but you do not believe curly bulbs could cause cancer. Is this correct? If so, why believe believe in the theory (actually a lie) of AGW and not the German study finding curly bulbs emit cancer causing chemicals?

And, my personal experience with curly bulbs is the light quality sucks and they do not last any longer than incandescent bulbs. This in addition to the danger they pose, logically leads one to discontinue using them. But, some people lack logical thinking....

I gave away all my curly bulbs to my liberal neighbors. I am so thoughtful and considerate...:D

So this is typical of your posting style?

No one has said that the new bulbs are going to save the world. It's part of a process to keep the environment people-friendly.

What do you mean when you say that no one says the new bulbs are going to save the world? Do you think that no says that?

Why do you bring that up since it is not what I said? Were you trying to restate what I said and do you think that your statement means the same as mine? Lets assume it does.

I said that some people believe the old bulbs are going to destroy the world and would outlaw them. Do you doubt that people believe the old bulbs are destroying the world? Do you doubt that people are trying to outlaw them?

Why is there a discussion here about pollution if it is not because many people believe that pollution is destroying the world and that regular lightbulbs are a greater polluter than CFL's?

Why did you make your post about me and my style rather than about what I posted?

Because your style is to argue illogically. I can't take your illogical statement and develop a logical argument.

We are running a huge risk of making the planet uninhabitable. Changes in the light bulbs that we use is ONE thing we can do to address our problem.

Did you bother to read your Snopes link? It concurs that the mercury released when the bulb is broken can be harmful.

The German study claims the bulbs release cancer causing chemicals when the bulb is operating.

I thought the overbearing and over-regulating EPA (and very expensive too) was suppose to protect Americans from pollution.

Did you bother to read your Snopes link? It concurs that the mercury released when the bulb is broken can be harmful.

The German study claims the bulbs release cancer causing chemicals when the bulb is operating.

I thought the overbearing and over-regulating EPA (and very expensive too) was suppose to protect Americans from pollution.

Sounds like you didn't read it beyond that one phrase. Please go back and try again.

Werbung:

Perhaps you could put in a link to the German research? For now, Snopes has the upper hand and it says that no harmful mercury is released during normal operation of the bulbs.

Back