Cancer Bulbs

Did you bother to read your Snopes link? It concurs that the mercury released when the bulb is broken can be harmful.

The German study claims the bulbs release cancer causing chemicals when the bulb is operating.

I thought the overbearing and over-regulating EPA (and very expensive too) was suppose to protect Americans from pollution.

study also shows your cell phone can give you cancer...ban cell phones?

And yes, if you break a bulb it can be bad...also eating fish can be bad..for mercury...

Its funny how you guys all of the sudden care about Mercury levels.

Werbung:
Well, that clinches it. If "Snopes" says it's true or not true, that is all we need.

Snopes is the bastion of objectivity and non-partisanship. LMAO!

Snopes is the "Wikipedia" in the world of "fact-checking". :eek:;)

Perhaps you could put in a link to the German research? For now, Snopes has the upper hand and it says that no harmful mercury is released during normal operation of the bulbs.

Mare, either you are intentionally lying, or you have reading comprehension problems. NOBODY said anything about "harmful mercury" being "released during normal operation of the bulbs". Go back and read what was written.

Mercury is released if the UFC bulb is BROKEN. Cancer-causing chemicals are released "during normal operation", and they were listed in the first posting on this topic.

You leftists need to slow down, read the topic in it's entirety, and THEN snivel and whine and bully and accuse and point fingers. At least then the "imbecile meter" won't peg high all the time.

Mare, either you are intentionally lying, or you have reading comprehension problems. NOBODY said anything about "harmful mercury" being "released during normal operation of the bulbs". Go back and read what was written.

Mercury is released if the UFC bulb is BROKEN. Cancer-causing chemicals are released "during normal operation", and they were listed in the first posting on this topic.

You leftists need to slow down, read the topic in it's entirety, and THEN snivel and whine and bully and accuse and point fingers. At least then the "imbecile meter" won't peg high all the time.

I still haven't seen a link to "cancer causing" releases from CF bulbs, got a citation?

study also shows your cell phone can give you cancer...ban cell phones?

And yes, if you break a bulb it can be bad...also eating fish can be bad..for mercury...

Its funny how you guys all of the sudden care about Mercury levels.

I said nothing about banning fluorescent bulbs. If you wish to use them, that is fine by me. However, those like you (progressives) intend to ban the incandescent bulb. See the difference between a libertarian/conservative like me and the progressive like you?

And, the Snopes article clearly indicates that when a curly bulb breaks it releases mercury. Is anyone here arguing this does not occur?

A conservative view, no. That's more of an extreme libertarian view, where people are allowed to open laetrile clinics or declare themselves lawyers from a school that they invented, because individual property rights trump even the most basic of human rights.

Because your style is to argue illogically. I can't take your illogical statement and develop a logical argument.

We are running a huge risk of making the planet uninhabitable. Changes in the light bulbs that we use is ONE thing we can do to address our problem.

I asked of you thought some people thought bulbs were destroying the world.

Clearly you are one of those people since you think that they are ONE of the things destroying the world.

I have been around this board for a long time and I suspect that among most people on both the left and the right and other I have earned a reputation for being logical the vast majority of the time. If you want to alienate many here and establish yourself as one who evades questions rather than arguing your own cases then you just might be on the right track. What I just said is not intended to win or concede a debate. This last paragraph is an aside which is intended as a friendly (though I suspect unwelcome) bit of advice based on the observations I have made on your posting style in the short time you have been here. So far it appears from your posts that your posts are the most biased coming from anyone here. There is still time to change what people will be thinking of you before opinions become set relatively permanently.

I think that we have to do a number of things to keep our environment hospitable to human life. This is one of them. A conservative view has to do with preserving the social order. I do not see social order as being one of your concerns.

The folks who are attempting to lecture me about my bias are making me laugh. They apparently are blind to their own bias, or lack a good grasp of what the word means. ;)

When many people tell you something it is wise to consider it.

But that doesn't make it so, particularly when one is dealing with an established clique of over-confident libertarians on an internet discussion board.

Werbung:
Back