Christian Cultural Struggle

There are none, and I'd even grant you that, given the scope of Christianity's influence on the West (something which I do not deny), the major mistakes, errors, and problems caused by Christiantiy are relatively moderate (when compared with, say, communism, which caused hundreds of millions of deaths in only a century and a half). However, "moderate" is not exemplary. Your own argument here - that no movements are without mistakes, Christianity being no exception - puts Christianity on par with many other "movements," which is antithetical to your belief that Christianity is far superior to them.

Any serious student of European history must acknowledge the great contributions of Christianity. Any denial of that is biggotry-run-amok.

Anyway.....I'm gone. I don't like the atmosphere here. I can now see why the website is deader than canned Spam. :(

Werbung:
Any serious student of European history must acknowledge the great contributions of Christianity. Any denial of that is biggotry-run-amok.

Any unbiased student will acknowledge the influence and impact of Christianity on the West. "Great contributions" sounds like a positive statement, which is an opinion - in order for Christianity to have been positive, one must first believe that traditional Western values are indeed "positive," and must second believe that Christianity has adhered to those positive values on a consistent basis without delving into the negative realm too often.

Anyway.....I'm gone. I don't like the atmosphere here.

Did you expect to come to a political forum and...not have your values challenged?

In any case, leaving is, of course, your perogative. Enjoy what you may.

Yes, I am. I realize such thinking today is hated on many levels, and considered crystaline-pure hatred, which it isn't. Jesus warned us about the days when we would be despised and persecuted for following Him.
So, are you advocating conversion at the edge of the sword?

Nonsense, and disgusting diction. I'm beginning to question your overall attitude toward life itself. You're a bit of a 'downer', as they say.

Actually I consider myself a very happy chap.

Nice debating with you anyhow - even if you do seem shocked at what a debate actually entails.

The battleground for Christian spiritual warfare is culture. It isn't politics, much less empire. It's culture. Victory on that battlefield indirectly secures victory on many others, for religious culture lies at the heart of civilization itself. The bedrock of any durable society is its innate spiritual intuition, and it's within the realm of culture that religion plants its deepest and strongest roots. Therefore, Christians should fight harder than ever before to conquer the cultures they belong to, defending them jealously from every manner of subversion and suppression.

BATTLEFRONT: CULTURE:mad:

There are Christians who make the mistake of thinking that it matters if the winning politician is a republican or a democrat.

In the same way I don't think it matters if the culture at large accepts any arguments about how life should be lived.

We just need to put the gospel out there as persuasively as we can and let God do the rest. Those who will be saved will be and those who might not be might not be. That being said the most persuasive argument we have is to live our lives demonstrating God's love as strongly as we can.

Werbung:
But Christianity itself brought Europe decades (if not centuries, depending on point of view) of warfare and oppression. Read up on the Age of Religious Warfare and the Inquisition and you'll see that Christianity hasn't been the immaculate beacon of civilization you seem to think of.

Read up on it yourself. You will see, if you can, that political factions and individual cravings for power were a large factor. When evil people gain control of powerful institutions whether they be the church of otherwise they will find ways to do their evil.

Read the new testament and see if the inquisitions were not in direct contradiction to it. These men were not following Christ. By definition the men who do this sort of thing were not Christians. Wolves in sheeps clothing is what they were.

Back