College Grads live with Parents under Obama

ASPCA - Hmm, so you sold it?
You would prefer Walmart, the other company democrats try to destroy?
Interesting if true!

One company that is doing good nowadays is Walmart.
Obama is not happy about that either, he may attempt to end them.

I don't think buying any single stock is wise, but since you bought it when Regan was president, you were in luck and owe him so much. Did you notice how bad stocks tanked under Carter? And did you wait and sell HAL durinthe GW era of stock profits?

But the point is that HAL has dropped now like most stocks under Obama have, since he took over. It's not a coincidence, recall JC. It may be a good company but it took it's Obama lumps. It ain't coming back, but I will say I like the business, because they supply something everyone needs.
It ain't one of those fake green companies that Obama touts. Nobody needs that green crap.

It's just that stocks in general are heading south.

You have to have an economy to support a stock market.
Obama killed the economy and therefore the stock market.
It's called CHANGE!

Werbung:
All of y'all need to start blaming Congress for bad policy. But you need to blame the rising cost of energy for the bulk of the current economic woes.
Yeah....something-like-that......

:rolleyes:

"First, people held off on hiring and purchases to see if the President's bleak prediction would come true. When this happened, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Less hiring and corporate spending created a measurable slowdown in the economy, which led people to say, "Hey, maybe the President is right," and tighten up even more. Each report grew worse and worse due to this, and a nation that was being told to expect the worst slowly came to believe it."

Miss_Cleo.jpg
The jobs aren't coming back.......​

Well, you're in a tail-chase on the alternative technologies and they never have paid their way, all told.
We can thank ReRon Reagan, for that......

"The budget for the solar institute -- which President Jimmy Carter had created to spearhead solar innovation -- was slashed from $124 million in 1980 to $59 million in 1982. Scientists who had left tenured university jobs to work under Hayes were given two weeks notice and no severance pay. The squelching of the institute -- later partly re-funded and renamed the National Renewable Energy Laboratory -- marked the start of Reagan's campaign against solar power. By the end of 1985, when Congress and the administration allowed tax credits for solar homes to lapse, the dream of a solar era had faded. The solar water heater President Carter had installed on the White House roof in 1979 was dismantled and junked. Solar water heating went from a billion-dollar industry to peanuts overnight; thousands of sun-minded businesses went bankrupt."

Don't get me wrong, it needs to be done but folks need to start moving back out to the same small farms they left back just after The War to End All Wars.
How much time do you plan on giving the new-owners.....before you start burning-down-houses??​

In regards to college graduates living at home because jobs aren't plentiful:

I came out of college in Buffalo, NY in 1982 and unemployment was 14%. Luckily (hard work) I was able to find a job in th ecomputer industry and made a career there. I worked as a laborer all through high school and college and moved out before I finished college.

There are two problems:

First, many college students don't want to do labor jobs. I'm not calling them lazy, but there are always jobs for those who are willing to do the dirty jobs.

Second, the other problem is that colleges aren't training and educating their students to attain real jobs. The cost of the education is far too great compared to the saleable skills you learn.

Possible solution:

What we need is apprenticeship programs to compete with University programs. Areas such as: Network Engineering, Accounting, Skilled Construction, Education, etc. could easily be apprenticeship programs and in turn reduce the debt required to attain a degree that doesn't really prepare people for careers.

Check out this issue in the book: Political Common Sense for America[/URL]
Why try to re-invent the wheel (while pitching a book :rolleyes: ), when a working-model already exists?

The problem is Buffalo is in more trouble under Obama now my friend.
Upstate New York is just a basket case today, due to high taxes and no jobs.
Buffalo pays the bills for New York Welfare. GM, Kodak, etc are just about gone!

Regan had policies that worked, Obama has nada.
Yeah.....R-e-a-g-a-n was quite the pioneer.....in The Art Of Creating DEBT.

ASPCA - Hmm, so you sold it?
You would prefer Walmart, the other company democrats try to destroy?
Interesting if true!
That's twice that you have mentioned that "democrats are destroying certain companies"...are you so hard wired that your political affiliations dictate what/where you'll invest your money??? Because, I use my financial brain and take all things into consideration and leave my INDEPENDENT VOTING at the curb.
One company that is doing good nowadays is Walmart.
Obama is not happy about that either, he may attempt to end them.
Still so hard wired that you are running scared of what the elected officials are doing...{ooohh those evil empire commanders}...NO, NO, that was the previous president...you've got it all backwards ;)
I don't think buying any single stock is wise, but since you bought it when Regan was president, you were in luck and owe him so much. Did you notice how bad stocks tanked under Carter?
Once again you seem hard wired/glued into some when not all stocks failed...your statements just become more inflammatory with each post...WHY :confused: And my/our portfolio was diverse and profitable, until his illness met the 'CAP' and then we were on our own for paying all of the major medical bills, liquidation was the only option...I was tap dancing as fast as I could to keep our small business a float!
And did you wait and sell HAL durinthe GW era of stock profits?
But I thank you for your...ummm, concern about our ability to make rational decisions without your input :rolleyes:
But the point is that HAL has dropped now like most stocks under Obama have, since he took over. It's not a coincidence, recall JC. It may be a good company but it took it's Obama lumps. It ain't coming back, but I will say I like the business, because they supply something everyone needs.
Having continued to follow Haliburton and all of the other stocks {mostly from habit} that we were invested in {your logic seems to be lacking} the collective group of our portfolio were up & down like a roller coaster the entire time that we were vested....the only ones that reminded intact were the triple A rated Utility Bonds and Revenue Bonds that we were vested in! And they were the consistent bread basket earners when we dumped the entire portfolio.
It ain't one of those fake green companies that Obama touts. Nobody needs that green crap.
Would appear that using your previous statements as a 'rule'...it might be just the thing for everyone/some to invest their money into...because you appear to be so wrong about the events and the way in which the stock market and the price of shares fluctuate...but you do your thing and I'll stumble around and work my financial world without your input...:D
It's just that stocks in general are heading south.
Just you keep those little peepers closed and ignore the ones that are continuing to grow and the rest of America will be fine.
You have to have an economy to support a stock market.
Obama killed the economy and therefore the stock market.
It's called CHANGE!

ASPCA, I see you are playing games. You stated previously your son's nest egg was based on HAL profits(nothing else)
\and that it was your husband wanted Hal but you wanted to buy Walmart. Now you're changing your story,
saying you owned other stocks. Hmm, I guess you agree it is silly to place all your money
in one stock. That is unless you are Hillary clinton and invest in Cattle futures.
She doesn't know what a cow is unless she looks in the mirror, yet she turns a nifty 1000% profit in a few months. It's a dirty business, this democratic investing.

Now if you bought HAL and that's a big IF, we both know George Bush and Ron Regan made you rich, and it didn't happen under Obama, Carter or Clinton for that matter. Check the price chart, it doesn't lie, like Obama.

Did you note how job losses today exceeded expectations? Obama promised unemployment rates would not exceed 8% under his presidency. But now it's ~ 10% and even by his skewed lies. Actually it's more like 20% but who is counting?
He never should have lied about that 8%. Even today he is bragging he created jobs, yet nobody can find them.

Vice President Joe Biden said Sunday that "everyone guessed wrong" on the impact of the economic stimulus, but he defended the administration's spending designed to combat rising joblessness.
Biden said inaccuracies in unemployment predictions shouldn't undercut the White House's support of the $787 billion economic revival plan that has not met the expectations of Obama's team.

I do have misguided friends that voted for Obama
and they all hate Walmart. It can't be a coincidence and it is funny actually. Ask your democrat friends about Walmart and they will usually be negative on it. Check here
http://www.valueplays.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-do-democrats-hate-wal-mart.html.
Now You know the facts. Mr, Shaman hates Walmart. Popeye hates Walmart. Trust me I don't have to ask them, to know this. So know you know you should hate Walmart also.

One reason is that Walmart has resisted Unions.
Unions are all bad news imo. You do not need to pay a middleman to
represent your rights. You can do it yourself. Unions helped destroy GM
and other companies. Obama took care of the rest. My daddy taught me
to always avoid the middleman and you will prosper.

Check this article, there are many out there.
http://www.valueplays.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-do-democrats-hate-wal-mart.html

Certainly you agree, stocks under Obama have gone down, not up in 6 months.
They will start to tank badly, you just wait and see. Then you may understand
change. But many already do. It's sad to see what is happening to hard working
chaps and their portfolios.

There is no reason
for anyone to hold stocks in this environment, because even good companies
will get hammered. And if you are to get lucky somehow, the gov't will assume your
portfolios eventually. They will have to, it's called CHANGE!

Jobs have disappeared and there is no end in sight under Obama.
The democrats are even bragging that it's a recovery although a jobless recovery.

But let me tell you a secret, OK?
They are right about the jobless part, but not about the recovery.
There is no recovery right now. There will be none.
The US will not recover.

ASPCA, I see you are playing games. You stated previously your son's nest egg was based on HAL profits(nothing else)and that it was your husband wanted Hal but you wanted to buy Walmart. Now you're changing your story,
saying you owned other stocks. Hmm, I guess you agree it is silly to place all your money
in one stock. That is unless you are Hillary clinton and invest in Cattle futures.
She doesn't know what a cow is unless she looks in the mirror, yet she turns a nifty 1000% profit in a few months. It's a dirty business, this democratic investing.
Oh, No you poor stupid human of little mental fortitude...no where, no how did I say that my sale of Halibuton made me rich...you are just posting B.S. now and filling in the spots that you can't seem to follow along with and are unable to stay on 'POINT'. Don't put words in my mouth/posts that are not there...it just makes you oh...so self inflicted stupid and childish to boot too :rolleyes:
You keep making reference about putting all my eggs in one basket {don't diversify, don't invest in one place} I was attempting to allow you the mistake and too correct the error of your reading between the lines. I could give a 'RATS ARSE' what you believe or do not believe...you don't manage my household nor are you able to follow a discussion without derailing the POINTS so often that you end up talking in CIRCLES!!!
My sons trust money is his...not ours...ours was separate and we kept the books that way too...but you'll find that hard to understand and very complicated to fathom so just 'nod' that empty head in agreement and don't give yourself a head ache trying to follow this point...ROTFLMAO
Now if you bought HAL and that's a big IF, we both know George Bush and Ron Regan made you rich, and it didn't happen under Obama, Carter or Clinton for that matter. Check the price chart, it doesn't lie, like Obama.
The only 'IF' around here is, whether or not you are able to stay on point/topic/follow a thread/conversation...obviously not! Your ignorance is blocking that mental ability...so just quit while you are way behind. LOL
Did you note how job losses today exceeded expectations? Obama promised unemployment rates would not exceed 8% under his presidency. But now it's ~ 10% and even by his skewed lies. Actually it's more like 20% but who is counting?
He never should have lied about that 8%. Even today he is bragging he created jobs, yet nobody can find them.
And here you are still trying to engage me into your 'seth pool' of worthless discussions after just accusing me of lying!!! You seem very, very bewildered and befuddled...pent up hate/vitriol tends to do that to the brain...turns it all into mush...;)
Vice President Joe Biden said Sunday that "everyone guessed wrong" on the impact of the economic stimulus, but he defended the administration's spending designed to combat rising joblessness.
Biden said inaccuracies in unemployment predictions shouldn't undercut the White House's support of the $787 billion economic revival plan that has not met the expectations of Obama's team.
***YAWN***
I do have misguided friends that voted for Obama
and they all hate Walmart. It can't be a coincidence and it is funny actually. Ask your democrat friends about Walmart and they will usually be negative on it. Check here
http://www.valueplays.blogspot.com/2007/08/why-do-democrats-hate-wal-mart.html.
Still begging for more input from me after insulting me in the first paragraph...LMAO
Now You know the facts. Mr, Shaman hates Walmart. Popeye hates Walmart. Trust me I don't have to ask them, to know this. So know you know you should hate Walmart also.
Why, because, you ASSume that I'm taking your word for the 'TRUTH'...not likely...JEEZ LOUISE...you are certainly full of yourself...narcissistic tendencies just flowing from your every word! "TRUST YOU"...now why in HELL would I want to do that...you can't even follow a topic and keep the POINTS STRAIGHT...LMAO I hate having to refresh a discussion with re-posting prior parts of our conversation...but here once again...I'M NOT A DEMORCRAT...WHAT PART OF THAT DIDN'T YOU COMPREHEND???
One reason is that Walmart has resisted Unions.
Unions are all bad news imo. You do not need to pay a middleman to
represent your rights. You can do it yourself. Unions helped destroy GM
and other companies. Obama took care of the rest. My daddy taught me to always avoid the middleman and you will prosper.
And I bet that 'YOUR DADDY' tried to get you to shut up and listen when he was talking to you too...but that seems to have been a futile endeavor!!! I'm deleting the rest of this as just more yada, yada, yada...blame our current president, blame everyone in the entire world...the world is coming to and end and it is all President Obama's fault :rolleyes:
So dig a hole crawl into to it and cover up...but please make sure that it is nice and deep so that you won't hear the celebrations from our recovery and hard work that the rest of America is providing/working toward a better future...but we'll dig you out when we are good and ready so that you will be able to suck the hind tit for the goodies and nourishment that whiners like you manage to do with any profits that are made.
But let me tell you a secret, OK?
They are right about the jobless part, but not about the recovery.
There is no recovery right now. There will be none.
The US will not recover.
SO MOVE, WHAT THE HELL IS KEEPING YOU HERE??? :confused: Now that is the real freedom/right/special privilages, about living in America...you don't like it here...so pack your happy arse up and relocate...nobody forces you to stay!!!

ASPCA wrote -
I sure as SH!T wasn't going to purchase it when it had been $33.00 a share, so I waited patiently and bought low and sat on it for 20 plus years {that is my son's inheritance and his trust fund}.

I think you intended to have us believe you bought HAL at some low price and that was your son's trust fund. Your words, OK.

Now it was fun to discuss this situation when you didn't resort to name calling in your last post. Try civility next time.

You had me duped for a moment.
A liberal buying HAL was the first clue, but a LIB wanting to buy Walmart?
Please...

ASPCA wrote -

I think you intended to have us believe you bought HAL at some low price and that was your son's trust fund. Your words, OK.

Now it was fun to discuss this situation when you didn't resort to name calling in your last post. Try civility next time.

You had me duped for a moment.
A liberal buying HAL was the first clue, but a LIB wanting to buy Walmart?
Please...

Talking in circles while misquoting what I've said...Hmmm reminds me of trying to carry on a conversation with 'Brains in the Box'...you have misquoted me once again... and now I know that you aren't qualified/nor capable of staying on POINT;)

So I'm done with you and you blatant B.S. about this topic that you plainly do not know SH!T from SHANOLA about...go back to your crayons and marker board and leave the stock market and financial world to the adults. You are clueless and now mindless too...LMAO

Living at home with your parents isn't the end of the world.
It's just new territory.
But me thinks the younger generation will get tired of Obama's CHANGE!

According to a survey from National Association of Colleges and Employers, the class of 2009 is leaving campus with fewer jobs in hand than their 2008 counterparts. The group’s 2009 Student Survey found that just 19.7 percent of 2009 graduates who applied for a job actually have one.

If you voted for this change, you can suck it up and live with mommy.
I don't feel sorry for people that make bad decisions.

Maybe Obama can give them a bailout?

Let's all remember the great George W. (Hoover) Bush that started this snowball on the fast track downhill before we criticize the new President in office only a few months for just trying to slow it down.

By the end of next year the Republicants will be so demoralised because the economy has turned around that the RNC will have to hold all meetings on the ground floor as to not have to worry about jumpers.
:D

I mean seriously no one is going to forget how bad Bush was and on top of that all the top Republicant candidates are dropping like flies. Every day another shocking scandal or revelation. This Party is totally dysfunctional and everyone knows it. GOP = Got Only Problems!:D

top gun wrote -
By the end of next year the Republicants will be so demoralised because the economy has turned around that the RNC will have to hold all meetings on the ground floor as to not have to worry about jumpers

Strange you say this, because the Obama administration itself doesn't think they can turn it around. They acknowledge now there plans haven't worked. Here's some news
from July 2, 2009.

In a move that suggests its initial rescue plan was insufficient, the Obama administration yesterday announced plans to widen the eligibility parameters of a key housing initiative. The change would allow borrowers with mortgages valued at 125 percent of their home's worth to refinance into more affordable loans. Previously, only borrowers with so-called loan-to-value ratios of 105 percent or less could do so.

So now hard working taxpayers will help illegals pay 25% more for a house than it's really worth.

It's called upside down financing for a reason and is bad policy.
It's called CHANGE! and it doesn't work.

Werbung:
top gun wrote -

Strange you say this, because the Obama administration itself doesn't think they can turn it around. They acknowledge now there plans haven't worked. Here's some news
from July 2, 2009.

In a move that suggests its initial rescue plan was insufficient, the Obama administration yesterday announced plans to widen the eligibility parameters of a key housing initiative. The change would allow borrowers with mortgages valued at 125 percent of their home's worth to refinance into more affordable loans. Previously, only borrowers with so-called loan-to-value ratios of 105 percent or less could do so.

So now hard working taxpayers will help illegals pay 25% more for a house than it's really worth.

It's called upside down financing for a reason and is bad policy.
It's called CHANGE! and it doesn't work.

Have no fear the economy will be back hitting on all cylinders by the end of 2010.

Write it down... put in on your refridgerator... remember when you were pathetically whining and rooting against your President and your country who told you so!;)

Watch this all the way through and remember next year when I bring it back up that when you thought you had the negative scam going I was the coach that called you out on it and said DEFENSE ON ME in this clip. You can't win because we are a better team of all types. And we will make things better for everybody!

Back