death penalty

Werbung:
Sorry to hear about your friend, pocket. I hope she gets well.

she is doing better thanks, sadly its something we are use to...she was in 2 weeks ago, and also back in in July...thus is her 4rth of the same type of surgery. But we hope she will be out in a few days now..and stay out for a while this time. on my way up there right now.

Guess the bleeding hearts who cry foul at the death penalty are just flapping their gums and have no real basis to deny that it is in fact "justice served" when all the facts ARE known, and proven.

I guess you decided to ask the question, but then not want to hear the answer.
I guess its better to know when your going to lose and not fight them and pretend you win instead.

We have seen that the two out of nine witnesses thing is complete and utter bull so no point in pretending that it has any merit.

Would someone who is against the death penalty please plead your case for this guy, and explain why you think he should have lived out his life, and why I should be expected to pay to feed him?

I would plead his case not for him but for the impact it has on the system. As would most who are against the death penalty.

I do have to clarify here though that in this forum I have changed my mind on the death penalty before and may do I again.

Someone said that in the last 60 years no one has been executed who was innocent. If that can be substantiated then it will be a strong argument for me to reverse my earlier move away from the death penalty.

I am not and have never opposed the right of the state to execute criminals in principle. I just don't think the state does a good job of it.

But if it turns out that the state does not execute innocent people and does execute people blindly before the law then perhaps I would change again.

I do favor giving people the chance to repent while in prison and come to know God. Of course for those who already do know God then they do not need a chance to come to know God. Not that the state could execute Christians at a different rate than others or that it could have a "come to know God time". Given how long it takes to be executed everyone probably has plenty of time anyway. The purpose of the DP should be primarily justice. But consider that those who have not repented need more time and those who have repented deserve forgiveness (not freedom). Can they be forgiven and also executed? Sure but it is not the best model of God's forgiveness in which he spares the life of those that deserve death. Am I making religious arguments? Yes, and for me they work. If not for you then consider your own arguments.

I would plead his case not for him but for the impact it has on the system. As would most who are against the death penalty.

I do have to clarify here though that in this forum I have changed my mind on the death penalty before and may do I again.

Someone said that in the last 60 years no one has been executed who was innocent. If that can be substantiated then it will be a strong argument for me to reverse my earlier move away from the death penalty.

I am not and have never opposed the right of the state to execute criminals in principle. I just don't think the state does a good job of it.

But if it turns out that the state does not execute innocent people and does execute people blindly before the law then perhaps I would change again.

I do favor giving people the chance to repent while in prison and come to know God. Of course for those who already do know God then they do not need a chance to come to know God. Not that the state could execute Christians at a different rate than others or that it could have a "come to know God time". Given how long it takes to be executed everyone probably has plenty of time anyway. The purpose of the DP should be primarily justice. But consider that those who have not repented need more time and those who have repented deserve forgiveness (not freedom). Can they be forgiven and also executed? Sure but it is not the best model of Gbut od's forgiveness in which he spares the life of those that deserve death. Am I making religious arguments? Yes, and for me they work. If not for you then consider your own arguments.

Christ forgave those who were executed with him but did not make an y attempt to let them off the hook. He was clear that functions of the state were their concern while his was saving souls.

Christ forgave those who were executed with him but did not make an y attempt to let them off the hook. He was clear that functions of the state were their concern while his was saving souls.

Sometimes he assisted people in avoiding the justice of the state and sometimes not.

I am suggesting the same thing. Of course we have to apply the rules the same way to all.

thats odd, I have only talked about one person I have dated, who has medical issues..who just spend last night and 12 hours with today...in the hospital...But maybe you don't want to hear what I have to say, because your a Fuc King idiot

I went on a date with a Muslim...I wounder if that makes me a terrorist by proxy,,,hmmmm...

Who said this POS!

Do you even know what you say from minute to minute? Or was this a LIE!

If not, it should be a sight to see. A muslim woman brandishing a pink gun at a range.
Sure.

Liberal honesty.

I guess you decided to ask the question, but then not want to hear the answer.
I guess its better to know when your going to lose and not fight them and pretend you win instead.

You didn't answer the question. You talked about a specific case, which was NOT the question, and not even the case presented!

It's not a "win" situation. Geez.

I do favor giving people the chance to repent while in prison and come to know God

This is fine. But I don't think it's a basis to wipe out a sin that cannot be undone. All the repenting for oneself in the world isn't going to bring back someone they killed, who didn't get that chance to continue living.

I have no problem with someone's soul being judged by God and not me. However, in this physical world, their actions are judged by laws, which are designed to protect the many from what is hopefully the abhorrant few. Do innocent people get put to death? Yes. Did they KNOW that might be the case when they committed the crime? YES.

Iwould contend that MORE innocent people get murdered every year, than innocent people have been put to death by the state, EVER.

The favorite argument is that the death penalty is not a deterrent. Nothing is a deterrent to everyone, but death is certainly a deterent to the one who can no longer commit that murder isn't it? Isn't it one case at a time?

How about this instead: The sentence is life without parole. The length of your sentence depends on who, on the outside, wants to keep you fed, etc. When that ends, I guess so does your life sentence. Why should my tax dollars be spent on someone who will never be anything but a drain on societies wallet? A CRIMINAL, not just Mr. Homeless guy, before someone spins it that way.

I'd just rather spend that tax money/food on any child anywhere, who still has a chance to have a good life, be a decent person, contribute to society, and walk in the grace of God, if that is how you want to see it.

I don't see that it is justice for someone who has killed or raped another, to get to watch T.V., laugh, love, eat, walk, and do all the things that their victim, can't.

Who said this POS!

Do you even know what you say from minute to minute? Or was this a LIE!

If not, it should be a sight to see. A muslim woman brandishing a pink gun at a range.
Sure.

Liberal honesty.

Or you could be smarter...but see what happens when you take things out of context...you get confused...the Muslim woman that I went on a date with, had no health issues..my current actually has a lot of them...And it sucks, as why I just spend the last 12 hours again at the hospital...But I know you hate real world examples of health care for people...it goes against your idea that somehow our system is great. But of course if she where to lose her job and health care, I am sure you would be right there with your Right wing Friends cheering for her to die ...since you would not offer any help from the goverment. Because you know, the good Christians you are.

But of course all of this is really because you can't debate the issues ..You ask the question, but you can't take a response.

Werbung:
Lol. Caught in a LIE. The spin doctor is in. Again, projecting the values you were apparently taught that makes you think that OTHER people want people to die. I suggest that you are simply projecting your hatred and actually wish for others to die. No one else suggests that anyone wants that . Only you.

As for intellect. Please show where in this post you answered the question to be debated. You never did. You never do. You just pretend to know what someone else thinks, and what their relgion is and probably what they eat. You don't even know what YOU say, but you know what someone else thinks. What a joke! FAR-LEFT lib man-boy.

Debate the question then little boy. Tell us you opinion about the death penalty IN GENERAL. Back it up.

Back