Does human life begin at conception?

When you find that you can't make your argument with standard, accepted definitions, it should be a pretty good clue to you that you are wrong if you have any critical thinking skills whatsoever.

The authors of dictionaries beat you to the definition of "life" a long time ago and the definitions don't support your argument.
Agreed. That's why I posted a link to the accepted definition of "alive"

Here

Werbung:
life
[lahyf]

noun, plural lives [lahyvz] (Show IPA)
the condition that distinguishes organismsfrom inorganic objects and dead organisms,being manifested by growth throughmetabolism, reproduction, and the power ofadaptation to environment through changesoriginating internally.

One of a number of similar definitions google presented. The link to a previous post of yours looks to be your definition which I showed to be flawed as people have lived for years with no brain. But they still comply with characteristics above.
It's ok to make something up for people to agree to by way of a legal definition. But let's be sure to acknowledge that's what it is.

life
[lahyf]

noun, plural lives [lahyvz] (Show IPA)
the condition that distinguishes organismsfrom inorganic objects and dead organisms,being manifested by growth throughmetabolism, reproduction, and the power ofadaptation to environment through changesoriginating internally.

One of a number of similar definitions google presented. The link to a previous post of yours looks to be your definition which I showed to be flawed as people have lived for years with no brain. But they still comply with characteristics above.
It's ok to make something up for people to agree to by way of a legal definition. But let's be sure to acknowledge that's what it is.
They reproduce and adapt to changes in the environment?

They reproduce and adapt to changes in the environment?

You think that because they are unconscious that they are sterile?....and as I pointed out...most of the autonomic reflexes are still working even if you are considered brain dead...cool will raise gooseflesh....heat will produce burns & blisters...etc...those are adaptations to changes in environment..

It is true that you are bold faced ignorant on this topic and can't bring yourself to admit it so you just keep digging deeper and deeper buy making more and more inane arguments...

And you actually believe that presenting your own made up, demonstrably flawed definition is any sort of support for your position at all?...my grand kids make up definitions...that is what children do when they can't support what they want.

Mules don't in the one sense but clearly they reproduce cells as needed same as cacti or us. React to environment ? Stem people do not ?

Plenty of men and women are sterile...i guess by plc's made up definition, they are no longer alive. Maybe he thinks that in order to be alive you must be doing all things at once...

the problem with using made up definitions and not understanding those that are not made up is that one ends up just making one non sensical argument after another after another....and when they have all been put down, they start over again.

Plenty of men and women are sterile...i guess by plc's made up definition, they are no longer alive. Maybe he thinks that in order to be alive you must be doing all things at once...

the problem with using made up definitions and not understanding those that are not made up is that one ends up just making one non sensical argument after another after another....and when they have all been put down, they start over again.
Just need to acknowledge the need of a legal definition first and restrict it to humans as they're the only ones who care about laws and realize the point us to simplify doing unethical things.

You think that because they are unconscious that they are sterile?....and as I pointed out...most of the autonomic reflexes are still working even if you are considered brain dead...cool will raise gooseflesh....heat will produce burns & blisters...etc...those are adaptations to changes in environment..

It is true that you are bold faced ignorant on this topic and can't bring yourself to admit it so you just keep digging deeper and deeper buy making more and more inane arguments...

And you actually believe that presenting your own made up, demonstrably flawed definition is any sort of support for your position at all?...my grand kids make up definitions...that is what children do when they can't support what they want.
The definition came from the dictionary.

But, go ahead, make up your own definitions if you want.

That's the only way you're going to win a debate that no one is judging anyway.

My definition came from many dictionaries. They are rather consistant.

Legal dictionary or a scientific dictionary...one discusses biological reality...and the other discusses legal expediencies...which is your information coming from...the real world or the convenient world?

I am very anti-abortion and would love to see it limited with some exceptions for rape, life of mother etc.

I believe personally that life begins at conception and that baby should receive the rights afforded to all people. In terms of the law - I think it is a good start the recent action some states are taking that ban abortion after 20 weeks and require abortion facilities to meet the same safety standards of ambulatory surgical centers - but any law that cuts down on the number of abortions would probably be pretty good in my book.
At conception what you have is a living cell, just as a cancer cell or a bacterium is a living cell. Destroying it is not substantially different from clipping your fingernails.

Werbung:
The liberal philosophy of human rights is utterly random and disjointed, which is why their opinion can’t be believed or listened to or treated with respect.
No. Not at all true. But it's a great-sounding spin that righties love.

Back