Does Trump Really Want To Be President?

Old_Trapper70

Considering that he, and the Clintons, have been friends for over 30 years, and he has donated to their causes before, copuld it be that he is a shill for the Clintons, and got to where he is in the campaign today relying on the hate, and anger, of the gullible right wing?

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-more-evidence-trump-wants-to-lose-to-clinton

First, Trump has allowed Clinton to dominate him in television advertising. His ad buys have been very limited, even though he began August behind Clinton in ad spending by an historically unprecedented margin for presidential nominees. Why hasn't Trump done much more to compete with Clinton on the airwaves?.....

Second, since Aug. 12, Trump has opened a paltry number of campaign offices in battleground states, continuing his huge disadvantage in the political ground game compared to the grassroots juggernaut assembled by Team Clinton. Why hasn't Trump made any effort to build a ground game, at the same time he has not made any effort to effectively compete with significant paid television advertising?.....

Third, despite his claims to vast personal wealth, why hasn't Trump written his campaign a huge check to fulfill his longtime promise to self-finance his campaign? Either Trump does not really possess even remotely the wealth he claims, or he refuses to keep his campaign promise to self-finance his campaign because he really does not want to win.

Fourth, the Trump has handled the immigration issue in a way designed to hyper-galvanize his limited base — a base that would be the foundation for the television venture he is rumored to be gunning for — in a way that alienates Hispanic voters for a generation and repels independent voters and even many Republicans.

Last edited:
Werbung:
People on his campaign that have resigned, have come forward and said he didn't expect to get so far or have any intention of being President; he just wanted to do it because he could. That's why there was no real agenda, or policies in place and they made it up as they went along and they did. Just look at his stance on abortion for one. Real politicians know and stick to their line line on topics such as that.

I think Trump will be happy just to know that he did it. He is not necessarily into it for the actual running of the country, but rather to achieve one more big thing on his ever growing list. I think he just wants the challenge of proving that he could do it...

All the media attention he got was probably the reason he was not willing to spend too much money on ads.

Fact though is, Donald has always craved power. So yes, he does want to, if he can, be the next U.S president.

As a number of Republicans have withdrawn their endorsements though it was believed he had a chance of winning the election, it just might be almost impossible now.

With so many Republicans withdrawing their support it makes you think what Republican supporters are really supporting? Most Senators know that their jobs are long term and at stake, and if they upset their direct electorate then that will end their career.

Are people just supporting Trump because there is no one else they like? That's never worked out well before as history tells us.

I think that you really have to keep coming back to this question, and there has never really been a time when I could honestly say that I knew he did. It just seems like a strange move, and he continues to just not fit, and I really think about some other motives here.

I think Donald and Hillary are in love,they should marry,that will solve everything.

I've often wondered whether Trump ran in order to help Clinton be elected. I don't think he or anyone else ever expected him to get as far as he has.

Cold_outside.jpg

I think it must be hard for someone who was once a friend to say hurtful things and betray a friendship. I doubt Trump has many real friends and has a long history of betraying people. I wonder if his wife is there for the sake of it now?
She has to support him, but if it wasn't for the money would she?

I think it must be hard for someone who was once a friend to say hurtful things and betray a friendship. I doubt Trump has many real friends and has a long history of betraying people. I wonder if his wife is there for the sake of it now?
She has to support him, but if it wasn't for the money would she?

All of his wives, and even some of his mistresses, are required to sign nondisclosure agreements to get the money. Notice that Melania has not been seen speaking on behalf of Trump since she plagiarized Michelles speech, and questions were raised, and never answered, as to her legally becoming a citizen.

All of his wives, and even some of his mistresses, are required to sign nondisclosure agreements to get the money. Notice that Melania has not been seen speaking on behalf of Trump since she plagiarized Michelles speech, and questions were raised, and never answered, as to her legally becoming a citizen.

Yes, money can buy silence as Ivana knows. Marla hasn't said much either. It has been noted that Melania has kept quiet, and it's probably best that way. As long as she has his son she is safe and will be guaranteed money and also some sway over him.

She also took a long time becoming a citizen...

Werbung:
Could be, but he has more money than he can ever spend anyway, and is likely to come out of the race having made more than he spent.
One thing I've seen in the wealthy people I know, they enjoy the benefits of their wealth (nice cars, quality cloths etc) but they don't spend money without a purpose.

Back