Mike Puma

November 6, 2022 2:23am

Dusty Baker Reacts to Winning His First World Series Championship as a manager

bwa4q6nox78msjm1ehw4ldw4x01x3hjj.jpg

dusty-baker-finally-wins-world-series-as-a-manager
Dusty Baker Reacts to Winning His First World Series Championship as a Manager

fzwqgmeqnnix2ujzwdujq0sj820fulq4.jpg

dusty-baker-finally-wins-world-series-as-a-manager
Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale Wins a Historic $75 million From $10 million Worth of Bets on the Astros to Win the Worl

HOUSTON — The Astros’ manager stood on the stage where the World Series trophy was presented late Saturday night and channeled his inner Jimmy Johnson.
“How about those Astros!” Dusty Baker said.

After 25 seasons managing in the major leagues and two previous trips to the World Series, Baker is finally a world champion manager. With the Astros’ 4-1 victory over the Phillies in Game 6, the 73-year-old Baker became the oldest manager to lead a team to a World Series title.

Hired to stabilize the organization before the 2020 season — in the aftermath of the team’s sign-stealing scheme from 2017 that cost former manager A.J. Hinch his job — Baker might now be the most popular man in Texas.

“Dusty has been unbelievable since Day 1,” Astros third baseman Alex Bregman said. “He’s been an unbelievable manager, an unbelievable human being just on a personal level with every person in our clubhouse, he loves the game of baseball, he has dedicated his life to this game and he deserves it. He’s an unbelievable manager and unbelievable man.”
Dusty Baker celebrates after the Astros' 4-1 World Series-clinching victory over the Phillies.Dusty Baker celebrates after the Astros’ 4-1 World Series-clinching victory over the Phillies.AP

Werbung:
Imagine my surprise, one sunny San Francisco day, when I joined a queue waiting to go into a Post Office to buy stamps or something and the person ahead of me in line was Dusty Baker!

And no one was hounding him or ANYTHING!

He was just standing there like a regular guy.

Nothing about him seemed star struck. No sense of entitlement.

He seemed like just a patron going to the Post Office.

No sexy girls, No bling. No oversized attitude.

Classy, down to earth guy.

The quote above by one of his players said he's an unbelievable man.

He gets my vote.

🙂👍

I'm SO happy for him.

Werbung:
Back