Election Debates

freespeech

I signed up at the first opportunity, while watching the Democratic Debates. I just needed a moment to rail against the media in this debate (I'm going to confine my comments to the debates rather than to the world at large, where I think they are also overstepping the lines). Really, watching Wolf bait each of the candidates by feeding them the raw meat of rumour, is too much. Are we not to be spare anything in being able to make up our minds? Can we really not find any unbiased, uninfluenced conversations about what makes each candidate the best? CNN is going on ad nauseum about this, talking up OBAMA, spending time speculating on the next time Hillary will prove a spitfire. I think it is absolutely shameful, that everything can be sensationalized to this degree. Next time around, unfortunately, I think we should have less debates, or at least less televised debates, so that these people can't feed our appetites for Jerry Springer -esque diversion in this way.

Werbung:
I personnally prefer the townhall type meetings where the average joe can ask the candidates questions those are much more enjoyable to watch in my opinion cause real questions from real people are asked.

Werbung:
:iagree: when the big media corporations control the debates, they're going to do whatever they need to do to get ratings. I recall one Republican debate that the media hated - they said it was boring because it was civil and didn't involve any bickering.

Back