everything was fine until...

dogtowner

Staff member
read

I mean apart from the blatant racism which is unbecoming of government but we know hiw that goes now. I mean its about time black pastors got educated about what they can and cannot do but that last lil bit is amoral.

Attorney General Eric Holder, the IRS, and the liberal lawyers at the ACLU will brief several hundred pastors in the African American community on how to participate in the presidential election -- which the Congressional Black Caucus chair expects will help President Obama's campaign.

The CBC chairman is confident that "President Obama is going to get 95 percent of the [African American] vote," and wants to keep that turnout high. "We want to let them know that there is a theological responsibility to participate in the political process, at least in the Judeo-Christian tradition," he said.

the "he" in question is Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo

Werbung:
The real reason for the meeting:

"
We will have representatives from nine denominations who actually pastor somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10 million people, and we're going to first of all equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., told MSNBC today.

Pastors want to know how far they can go in supporting their favorite candidate without losing their tax exempt status.

Pastors want to know how far they can go in supporting their favorite candidate without losing their tax exempt status.

BO wants pastors to avoid headlines like they do every election when they break the law. But BO does want them to know where the line is and that he wants them hard on the line. all of them. I wonder if Holder intends to have the same chat with non-black folks ?

BO wants pastors to avoid headlines like they do every election when they break the law. But BO does want them to know where the line is and that he wants them hard on the line. all of them. I wonder if Holder intends to have the same chat with non-black folks ?
he should. They sometimes cross the line as well.

The ACLU? What ever happened to the left's mantra of "separation of church and state"?

Holder could also be reacting to his fear of the Catholic church.

The real reason for the meeting:

"

According to the quote in the OP the driving force behind this is the wants of the Obama administration and not the wants of the pastors.

It would be niave to think that holder could merely advise pastors in how to participate in the presidential process without crossing lines when so much of his actions indicate that he would definitely want them to participate in ways that are specifically not allowed under current (wrong) law.

If the intent were for all pastors in general (black and white) to learn how to follow the law then a clear written statement on the gov website would be a good way to do that.

If the intent is to be biased then the best way to do that would be to meet in person with only black pastors.

Anyone want to bet that when we learn what happened in the meeting we will learn that the advice given is "shady".

According to the quote in the OP the driving force behind this is the wants of the Obama administration and not the wants of the pastors.

It would be niave to think that holder could merely advise pastors in how to participate in the presidential process without crossing lines when so much of his actions indicate that he would definitely want them to participate in ways that are specifically not allowed under current (wrong) law.

If the intent were for all pastors in general (black and white) to learn how to follow the law then a clear written statement on the gov website would be a good way to do that.

If the intent is to be biased then the best way to do that would be to meet in person with only black pastors.

Anyone want to bet that when we learn what happened in the meeting we will learn that the advice given is "shady".

its already worse than shady.

Werbung:
The meeting has taken place. I have not found much about what was said. But I do know that the topic was voter ID and the name of it was "occupy the vote".

the group being addressed is known. That in itself is gross partisan spending of tax dollars. Most illegal.

Back