Fox News defending Craig's "wide-stance" argument

Same with law suits. Everyone thinks law suits are all so frivolous until they have an injured family member and they have to fight against a huge powerful insurance company for benefits they do really deserve. Then it's suddenly not so frivolous.

At the end of the day you run into this. Much like the necessity for the Teamsters Union to be created when business was allowed to dictated unsafe work conditions, ridiculously low pay, unbelievably long hours and the workers had no recourse... corporations would completely take over the country if it weren't for government there as a counter balance.

The best positions are really in the middle. I think the next President will be a Democrat and a pretty centrist one at that. That's my hope at least.

The story about the lady who got burned with the Hot Coffee and the recent dry-cleaner pants suits are used as representative of law suits. The over reaction by the turds on the right is to further take away what little defense workers and consumers have. They actually think ...corporations who have 1,000's of lobbyists on a daily basis in Washington, who dutifully pay an army of lawyers annualy ...is at a dis-advantage with the lowly worker!!

We watch time and time again as corporations file bankruptcies and screw workers, pensioners and investors .... only to return unscathed. In many instances ..they actually get a bail out from the government (i.e. from the American people).

The debate over pensions is a good debate to have ...but my point is you don't contractually commit to it and then yank the rug from under workers at the last minute.

Personally I don't like the unions, but the turds on the right some how believe that unbridled corporate governance should rule. And the point I made earlier was corporations exists to make money, not to grow the economy, not to provide jobs, not to provide for families. We just had to look back and see that corporations literally funded slavery!!!! Thats telling in every respect!

Werbung:
The story about the lady who got burned with the Hot Coffee and the recent dry-cleaner pants suits are used as representative of law suits. The over reaction by the turds on the right is to further take away what little defense workers and consumers have. They actually think ...corporations who have 1,000's of lobbyists on a daily basis in Washington, who dutifully pay an army of lawyers annualy ...is at a dis-advantage with the lowly worker!!

We watch time and time again as corporations file bankruptcies and screw workers, pensioners and investors .... only to return unscathed. In many instances ..they actually get a bail out from the government (i.e. from the American people).

The debate over pensions is a good debate to have ...but my point is you don't contractually commit to it and then yank the rug from under workers at the last minute.

Personally I don't like the unions, but the turds on the right some how believe that unbridled corporate governance should rule. And the point I made earlier was corporations exists to make money, not to grow the economy, not to provide jobs, not to provide for families. We just had to look back and see that corporations literally funded slavery!!!! Thats telling in every respect!

Don't hold back bereal... tell me what you really think... :D

You know I'm kidding... I appreciate your passion.

For too long the Dems set back and let the neo-cons just "swift boat" them over & over again and did nothing about it. Finally the pubbies have so over played their hand that the damage is so obvious and the contradiction in their message is so blatant everyone sees it... and the gloves are coming off.

Finally the Dems are really ready for a fight... and I believe they're winners!

Don't hold back bereal... tell me what you really think...

You know I'm kidding... I appreciate your passion.

For too long the Dems set back and let the neo-cons just "swift boat" them over & over again and did nothing about it. Finally the pubbies have so over played their hand that the damage is so obvious and the contradiction in their message is so blatant everyone sees it... and the gloves are coming off.

Finally the Dems are really ready for a fight... and I believe they're winners!

The fact is I'm an independent ...but I hate the way the people on the right allow themsleves to be duped to the point where they act against their very own interest!
Pretty soon the credit card companies will make it so that they can raise consumer's interest rates if they are late for work! And the morons will come to these forums and suggest these corporations are at a disadvantage.

They are so fixated on the distracting dissention the right wing pundits sow in their brains they'll fight you for higher gas prices!!

The fact is I'm an independent ...but I hate the way the people on the right allow themsleves to be duped to the point where they act against their very own interest!
Pretty soon the credit card companies will make it so that they can raise consumer's interest rates if they are late for work! And the morons will come to these forums and suggest these corporations are at a disadvantage.

They are so fixated on the distracting dissention the right wing pundits sow in their brains they'll fight you for higher gas prices!!

I think things like neo-con talk radio has come up with such a WWE wrestling format that people just get swept up in almost a riot mentality.

There are conservatives that are reasonable and fairly moderate... but it is so easy to get caught up in the tidal wave of hate & fear mongering.

Hey I feel the same way about the far Left. I wouldn't give someone like Al Sharpton even a second of my time. He's just as bad in the other direction.

I think a moderate point of view is definitely coming forward in a big way now. Eight years of Bush with most of that tied up in a total power hold by the Republicans have taken their toll. All good news for the Dems.

I think things like neo-con talk radio has come up with such a WWE wrestling format that people just get swept up in almost a riot mentality.

There are conservatives that are reasonable and fairly moderate... but it is so easy to get caught up in the tidal wave of hate & fear mongering.

Hey I feel the same way about the far Left. I wouldn't give someone like Al Sharpton even a second of my time. He's just as bad in the other direction.

I think a moderate point of view is definitely coming forward in a big way now. Eight years of Bush with most of that tied up in a total power hold by the Republicans have taken their toll. All good news for the Dems.

Oh, give me a break. I know you and berreal need to be partisan, but I would hope you can realize that both sides do the same thing. The right is perceived to overreact towards Islamic terrorism and unsecured borders, while the left gets whipped up into hysterias about 'climate change', God in the public square, wiretapping, etc.

The right brag about it all day ...the fact that they have an army of radio pundits out there indoctrinating the people on the right.

Its all the same goolah ... preach divisiveness, sow seeds of hate ...and they cash in.

There aren't nearly that many radio pundits out there on the left. Just like sex ..hate sells ..and the right has mastered that art!

Be honest these people have dumped-down the right supporters and appeal to the most base cave-man instincts ...hate, kill, fight etc. Once they tap these instincts ...basic habits like ..."thinking" ...is cut-of!!

There aren't nearly that many radio pundits out there on the left. Just like sex ..hate sells ..and the right has mastered that art!

Perhaps there aren't, but think about pundits from other mediums: musicians, writers, journalists, television media, etc. The left is hardly underrepresented.

Perhaps there aren't, but think about pundits from other mediums: musicians, writers, journalists, television media, etc. The left is hardly underrepresented.

Yeah ... waiting for the disparate out-burst from Rosie O'Donnell, or the annual Grammy awards speeches ..really compares to the non-stop all day and all night coast-to-coast coverage from the right!!

Save it bud! The solution isn't to counter this mindless hate inspiring indoctrination from the right ..with similar verbige from the left. The answer is to for the right to get their head out of the sand and just start thinking for themselves!!

Its amazing how I can just meet somebody on the street, or even talk with somebody on the web and it becomes immediate where the influence comes from. Because believe it or not ...you all repeat the same tripe!! Sometimes ...word-for-word!

Thats what led us into Iraq. Bush said it Saddam was evil ....thats it! Thats all it took!! Just spew hate and wash it down with a little religous connotation! And off to races we go!! Suddenly attacking makes sense. Iraq, Iran ...Trinidad, ...Belize ... it doesn't matter...if bush says to attack ...your with him!!

Because you stop thinking bush could have easily get you to believe attack on anybody was justified ...and thats dangerous!!

Because in the end the only difference between you and the Jihadist ..is how you dress!! And thats my only concern.

Its your business if you want to feed Rush Limbaugh or Pat Robertson.

Its why I would want the draft to be in effect at least in times of war.

Because as long as the chicken-hawks remain completely insulated from the effects of war we'll keep seeing this play out over and over again!!

Yeah ... waiting for the disparate out-burst from Rosie O'Donnell, or the annual Grammy awards speeches ..really compares to the non-stop all day and all night coast-to-coast coverage from the right!!

You're incredible, berreal. I have never met someone so narrow-mindedly partisan in my life. Sure, conservatives have a handle on talk radio but the left begins its doctrination in schools from an early age and only increases up to the university level where past studies have indicated that 90% of teachers vote Democrat.

Why do you think young people overhwhelmingly vote "liberal" and then as time goes on (and they start receiving more substantial paychecks) they begin to vote Republican?

Hmm...try listing all the major news networks except Fox...most of the major Newspapers...and the wide majority of musicians whose music fills the non-commentary side of the airwaves...and yeah, I'd say the "liberal voice" compares to the right's radio coverage.

Save it bud! The solution isn't to counter this mindless hate inspiring indoctrination from the right ..with similar verbige from the left. The answer is to for the right to get their head out of the sand and just start thinking for themselves!!

This "I'm right, you're wrong, no discussion" attitude of yours is going to get you absolutely no where when it comes to affecting change. You could have the greatest ideas in the world and no one would listen to you if all you did was sit around insulting them all day.

Its amazing how I can just meet somebody on the street, or even talk with somebody on the web and it becomes immediate where the influence comes from. Because believe it or not ...you all repeat the same tripe!! Sometimes ...word-for-word!

Oh? And where does my influence come from?

And please, branch out a bit on this site and read a few of the other threads before you call me a Bush lackey. It'd just make you look stupid.

Thats what led us into Iraq. Bush said it Saddam was evil ....thats it! Thats all it took!! Just spew hate and wash it down with a little religous connotation! And off to races we go!! Suddenly attacking makes sense. Iraq, Iran ...Trinidad, ...Belize ... it doesn't matter...if bush says to attack ...your with him!!

Berreal, without even realizing it, you yourself support a religiously-inspired system. The whole Democrat/Republican feud (it can't be called a political system any longer) is simply another representation of dualism - and that's a church ideology. Or weren't you aware of your own religious connotations?

Because you stop thinking bush could have easily get you to believe attack on anybody was justified ...and thats dangerous!!

I don't believe our attack on Iraq was justified. Most of the people who do don't think we should just go around attacking whomever (although there are a few who are close to that).

Because in the end the only difference between you and the Jihadist ..is how you dress!! And thats my only concern.

I doubt you even know what the word "jihad" really means.

Its why I would want the draft to be in effect at least in times of war.

Volunteer military forces have, historically, been a lot more effective than compulsory ones.

This "I'm right, you're wrong, no discussion" attitude of yours is going to get you absolutely no where when it comes to affecting change.

Hit the nail on the head here, vyo.

And please, branch out a bit on this site and read a few of the other threads before you call me a Bush lackey. It'd just make you look stupid.

I actually laughed out loud when he said this. You are a self-identified liberal on record supporting Joe Biden for president, I believe, but berreal automatically assumes that anyone who disagrees with his narrow minded "philosophy" must be a blind Bush loyalist.

Berreal, without even realizing it, you yourself support a religiously-inspired system. The whole Democrat/Republican feud (it can't be called a political system any longer) is simply another representation of dualism - and that's a church ideology. Or weren't you aware of your own religious connotations?

Ann Coulter's most recent book actually dealt with this topic -- "the church of liberalism" and she methodically lays out how modern day liberalism has all the tenets of a religion.

Oh, give me a break. I know you and berreal need to be partisan, but I would hope you can realize that both sides do the same thing. The right is perceived to overreact towards Islamic terrorism and unsecured borders, while the left gets whipped up into hysterias about 'climate change', God in the public square, wiretapping, etc.

No I was being totally serious.

All one has to do is listen to neo-con talk radio and the mean spiritedness hits you immediately in the face!

There is noooo comparison, I can't see how even a Republican water carrier such as yourself :) Almighty can say there is not pure unadulterated hate & fear mongering from that neo-con venue.

I mean come on now... I'll grant you the other side sometimes preaches the global warming story at nauseum using worst case scenarios but there's no hate involved. I mean trying to bring attention to something thousands of scientists believe is happening to some extent isn't mean spirited.

No way can you reasonably compare that to the crazy neo-con attack dogs just trying to shred anyone with any position not in total lock step with their almost fascist far, far right wing dogma.

To the extent that people get upset over seeing the necessity of keeping a separation of church and state because they see what religious fanaticism in government can lead to i.e. the Taliban... and want to limit government intrusion into Americans personal, private communications... if that's getting people "whipped up"... good for them!

No I was being totally serious.

All one has to do is listen to neo-con talk radio and the mean spiritedness hits you immediately in the face!

There is noooo comparison, I can't see how even a Republican water carrier such as yourself :) Almighty can say there is not pure unadulterated hate & fear mongering from that neo-con venue.

I mean come on now... I'll grant you the other side sometimes preaches the global warming story at nauseum using worst case scenarios but there's no hate involved. I mean trying to bring attention to something thousands of scientists believe is happening to some extent isn't mean spirited.

No way can you reasonably compare that to the crazy neo-con attack dogs just trying to shred anyone with any position not in total lock step with their almost fascist far, far right wing dogma.

To the extent that people get upset over seeing the necessity of keeping a separation of church and state because they see what religious fanaticism in government can lead to i.e. the Taliban... and want to limit government intrusion into Americans personal, private communications... if that's getting people "whipped up"... good for them!

Is there anyone in particular you're vilifying here?

I don't really listen to the radio all that much - I'm very firmly of the Internet generation (I don't even own a television at the moment). I'm just curious, because I'd like to hear some of this for myself.

Werbung:
Is there anyone in particular you're vilifying here?

I don't really listen to the radio all that much - I'm very firmly of the Internet generation (I don't even own a television at the moment). I'm just curious, because I'd like to hear some of this for myself.

WOW no television... how do you survive! :D

Seriously though the ones I catch most often are Laura Ingrahm who's I'm sorry but I've got to say it... is one mean vindictive witch with really little more than a pro Catholic everything should be religious based ax to grind.

Dennis Miller who's really not all that smart but fools a lot of people by hiding it well using any big complicated word he can come up with. His shtick is to be as sarcastic as possible and try to be funny about it. Doesn't work out very well. He's your basic all would be fine if we just killed all the Muslims or occupied all their countries. Hey we're Americans... that's our right!

Last but not least... OK maybe least on credability... is recovering alcoholic turned Mormon Glenn Beck. What a case he is. FEAR>>> HATE>>> BACK TO FEAR>>> just a big waste of space with absolutely nothing constructive to say. Unless you just want to hear that neo-conservatives are the saviors of all in the world because he says so.

I can usually hang on for about 20 or 30 minutes just playing the opposite game. You know... listen to someone knowing you can believe the opposite of everything they say and you'd be getting some decent information.

But after a short while you just start yelling at the radio saying... YOU SOB YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE! :eek: and you change channels. ;)

Back