Global warming - the final say

What do you believe about Global warming?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

invest07

In the HOP forum we have a bunch of different opinions about Global Warming.
Is the earth getting hotter or cooler? Did we humans cause the change? Can we humans do anything about temp change?

Werbung:
There was an issues with the polls PFOS, the problem is fixed now and the wrong threads removed. No problems now. Post away.

My research on GW says that the earth is currently warming. This appears to be a normal cycle that has been repeated endlessly, over the Earth's history. The current warming trend began about 1700, well before the beginning of the carbon fuel age.

These normal heating and cooling trends are reasonably well documented from multiple sources. The heating peak that was recorded about 1000 AD has been well documented. Records from England indicate well established vineyards during this time period. Of course these vineyards disappeared with the cooling trend that followed. The Vikings were in Newfoubdland about 1000 AD. Vatican records indicate the Vikes were growing crops that are now only grown well to the south.

"Figure 1: Surface temperatures in the Sargasso Sea, a 2 million square mile region of the Atlantic Ocean, with time resolution of 50 to 100 years and ending in 1975, as determined by isotope ratios of marine organism remains in sediment at the bottom of the sea (3). The horizontal line is the average temperature for this 3,000-year period. The Little Ice Age and Medieval Climate Optimum were naturally occurring, extended intervals of climate departures from the mean. A value of 0.25 °C, which is the change in Sargasso Sea temperature between 1975 and 2006, has been added to the 1975 data in order to provide a 2006 temperature value.

The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of about 3°C during the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age, as shown in Figure 1. George Washington and his army were at Valley Forge during the coldest era in 1,500 years, but even then the temperature was only about 1° Centigrade below the 3,000-year average."
Source: Oregon Institiute of Science and Medicine, oism.org

Attachments

• Temp.JPG
    Temp.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Has any study been done to show the effect of planetary positioning from the force of rockets being launched?

What is the chance that every rocket (even jets) have effected the global rotation and axes position of our planet?

You tree hugger should like this theory

MAYBE that is what has effected our solar system! :rolleyes:

Perhaps this threw off the gravitational pull which has caused the orbit of other planets to change a little bit which has caused other planets to start getting hotter too! :eek:

I decided after much research, deliberation and sole searching that I coud'nt give a rats ass one way or the other. Basically, I guess that I come into the plastic bag toting, down to earth pollution producing non-green car driving petrolhead and that it would be rather hypocritical of me to say that I care much about the environmment..... which believe I do! Seriously I'm as green as the next man ......... but not enough to get me out of my car and onto a horse or yak or water buffalo or some other obscure form of 4 legged transportation from which strange smells eminate and fertiliser pours forth in biblical quantities.

I consider environmentalism when I'm communing with nature on a warm spring evening - much like today, as an adjunct to my nucking weeds on the lawn with highly toxic chemicals! I know......I know, if everyone had my attitude then the world would be going down the toilet and we'd all dead this time next week, which I'm led to belive is a possibility!

We're either going to boil to death or freeze to death I'm not sure which. Latest projections seem to indicate that atmospheric temperature will decrease sufficiently to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!

Anyway....... who nags the volcanoes about all the muck and crud they spew out?

Werbung:
I decided after much research, deliberation and sole searching that I coud'nt give a rats ass one way or the other. Basically, I guess that I come into the plastic bag toting, down to earth pollution producing non-green car driving petrolhead and that it would be rather hypocritical of me to say that I care much about the environmment..... which believe I do! Seriously I'm as green as the next man ......... but not enough to get me out of my car and onto a horse or yak or water buffalo or some other obscure form of 4 legged transportation from which strange smells eminate and fertiliser pours forth in biblical quantities.

I consider environmentalism when I'm communing with nature on a warm spring evening - much like today, as an adjunct to my nucking weeds on the lawn with highly toxic chemicals! I know......I know, if everyone had my attitude then the world would be going down the toilet and we'd all dead this time next week, which I'm led to belive is a possibility!

We're either going to boil to death or freeze to death I'm not sure which. Latest projections seem to indicate that atmospheric temperature will decrease sufficiently to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!

Anyway....... who nags the volcanoes about all the muck and crud they spew out?

I pretty much agree with what you do, although I have no doubt Global Warming is real, and a serious threat, but what can we do? We are already over-populated, so it is too late. I'd like to hear some realistic proposals about what we could do, not pie in the sky idealism. If my beer and wine hurt the environment, TS.

If you can't ride your yak, you can always eat it, but is raising a yak good or bad for the environment?

Back