Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

Werbung:
Just because Venezuela has a different political system than ours, does not automatically make them our enemy. Have they attacked us, when I wasn't looking? What makes Venezuela our enemy? Is it that mysterious, elusive, "they support terrorism", excuse? The same excuse the Bush Administration has used, time, after time, after time, to justify their policies. And you know what, some people are still falling for it.

Did the soviet union ever attack us?

And who mentioned terrorism? I am not at all surprised that you would support a communist nation over your own. Your sort has been doing it for decades. If you are old enough, I am sure that you favored the soviet over your own nation as well. I am curious though, if you like communism so much, why exactly are you still here? Don't tell me that you are just waiting for the people's revolution.

You are of course right.

What some people want to do is ram a Prius with a Hummer and then say look how poorly that Prius came out of it.

I am sure that you would like to believe that. It would relieve you of having to actually defend your position. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. You would be just as dead if you were in a prius rammed by another prius. The physics are just as deadly at highway speeds.

[/QUOTE]

Again I ask you, how many lives are you willing to sacrifice at the altar of gas mileage? Go ahead and answer. So far the total is about 50,000. How many more?

It's happened before.

Maybe you forget that those who were actually using their brains suggested that as long as we were there, we may as well take out russia along with germany. Had we listened, the cold war and all of the money it cost, and the lives lost to soviet expansion would never have happened?

So which communist nation was our friend?

Did the soviet union ever attack us?

And who mentioned terrorism? I am not at all surprised that you would support a communist nation over your own. Your sort has been doing it for decades. If you are old enough, I am sure that you favored the soviet over your own nation as well.
You are comparing Venezuela with the Soviet Union? Tell me, how many nuclear weapons does Venezuela have pointed at us?
I notice, as well, you have yet to address my basic question. Why should Chavez and Venezuela be considered our enemy?

You are comparing Venezuela with the Soviet Union? Tell me, how many nuclear weapons does Venezuela have pointed at us?
I notice, as well, you have yet to address my basic question. Why should Chavez and Venezuela be considered our enemy?

Yes chaves should be considered our enemy. And exactly how many nuclear weapons did the soviet union have pointed at us when it was in it's infancy as venezuela is now as an infant communist state?

Yes chaves should be considered our enemy. And exactly how many nuclear weapons did the soviet union have pointed at us when it was in it's infancy as venezuela is now as an infant communist state?

Oh, I see, let me get this right wing logic straight. Venezuela is like an infant, that is going to grow up and be like the Soviet Union. Sure palerider, I've got ocean front property in Oklahoma too. You still have not answered my question, how many nuclear weapons does Venezuela have pointed at us? Answering a question, with another question, indicates a position of weakness. You are always accusing me of parroting what I am told, seems like in this case it is you who is doing the parroting.

How many nuclear weapons does venezuela have? That would be the number they have pointed at us.

How many nuclear weapons does venezuela have? That would be the number they have pointed at us.
Here is a list of the countries, and the estimated stockpiles. Israel is not included because they refuse to admit it.
There is no indication Venezuela possesses nuclear weapons. If they did, the fear mongering Bush Administration would be all over it. Please, tell me again, why should we consider Venezuela our enemy?
United States: 5,735/9,960

Russia: 5,830/16,000

UK: 200

France: 350

China: 130

India: 45

Pakistan: 30-52

North Korea: 1-10

Maybe you forget that those who were actually using their brains suggested that as long as we were there, we may as well take out russia along with germany.

Oh, right, because we could have just flicked our wrists and crushed the Soviet Union right then and there in 1945.

Give me a break.

If we'd tried to invade the Soviet Union in 1945 "Uncle Joe" would have handed us our asses on a silver platter, and instead of a Cold War we'd have had a very, very hot war.

There are a number of factors at work here.

1. Invading Russia is just not a good idea. Napoleon didn't manage to bring it off. Neither did Hitler. How many people have managed to invade Russia successfully?

2. Armored infantry. Face it, they had more tanks than we did. A lot more. By 1945 they were outproducing us in tanks, too, most notably in the category of heavy tanks. With more tanks and more troops, they had a clear advantage in weight.

3. Supply lines. They were a lot closer to their production centers than we were and had a much easier time transporting food and equipment (and men) to the front than we did. If we attacked them in Europe especially their reinforcements would have arrived about twice as quickly as ours would have.

Attempting to "take out Russia" would have been a massively stupid idea. The casual way in which you stated that makes me question your sanity.

Had we listened, the cold war and all of the money it cost, and the lives lost to soviet expansion would never have happened?

Yeah, just think of all the rotten policy decisions we wouldn't have had to make.

So which communist nation was our friend?

Tehran_Conference%2C_1943.jpg

Like it or not, the Soviet Union was our ally during World War II. The enemy of my enemy is my...what, exactly? I can't seem to remember how that phrase ends.

Werbung:
Haven't I already told you? Do you have an actual comprehension problem?

The problem is yours. You have implied they have nuclear weapons, which is untrue. You have implied that they will eventually equal the Soviet Union as a threat, which is laughable. In fact, both of your implications are patently ridiculous. Your only basis for considering them an enemy is that they currently employ a different political ideology than ours. Oh, I almost forgot, one more reason, you have been told to dislike them by the Bush Administration. You have always claimed to think for yourself, here we have an example that shows the exact opposite.

Back