Threads Merged: Obama Nobel Prize

Originally Posted by The Scotsman This is an absolute farce. If all it takes to win a prestigious prize as this is to sprout banal rhetoric without any actual substanital benefit to the world or indeed long term results is basically a waste of time.

friggin joke.........
Ok, well here's the thing: I'm not on the prestigious {nominating or voting} committee...are you :confused: Do you know anyone that is...what exactly is their criteria for selecting the nominees, what are the criteria for voting :confused:

And if we 'YOU' are going to be so incensed about our President being awarded then shouldn't you take an in-depth look at the facts before you get so 'BENT out of SHAPE' about his winning this.

COME ON...it's not like our president went out and rallied a group of people to submit his name for the Nobel Peace Prize ;) Let's get real here!

Werbung:
OK Folks, instead of having half a dozen different threads on the same subject I am going to merge them.

As a personal note, while I generally support the President, I dont think his actions to this point warrant such an honor. I was quite surprised to be honest.

I'm quite sure that President Obama was as surprised as you are :D

OK Folks, instead of having half a dozen different threads on the same subject I am going to merge them.

As a personal note, while I generally support the President, I dont think his actions to this point warrant such an honor. I was quite surprised to be honest.

alright!!! :D:D

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Gee...that is just soooo predictable...the standard for the 'Noble Peace Prize' is WHAT??? Do you know, do you care or only when they have given it to someone that you 'THINK' hasn't earned it...hmmm:confused:

Seems as though a 'few' on here live in such a tightly protective BUBBLE that they don't get the significance of our newly elected President and the impact that his being black had upon the WORLD view of us as Americans...who for decades seem to preach but not practise our; "We are a UNITED STATES and we fought that CIVIL WAR for the freedoms that we believe in"...but the WORLD gets it and in their eyes and their POV it mattered a great deal!!!
We made great strides in this past election and in that alone we have shined up our image globally.

Isn't it a real shame that they didn't phone you and ask what 'VALUES' you thought ought to be the primary reason that the 'Noble Peace Prize' should be awarded;)

Wow, did you just actually suggest that Pres. Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being black? So, all he had to do was be black and beat Sen. McCain. If this is what your saying, then, I think you've all lost your minds.

I glad he is giving the prize money to charity and I hope he can live up to the award.

Wow, did you just actually suggest that Pres. Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being black? So, all he had to do was be black and beat Sen. McCain. If this is what your saying, then, I think you've all lost your minds.

I glad he is giving the prize money to charity and I hope he can live up to the award.

Oh, quite right there Dear Franklin...if out of that entire statement that was all you were able to ascertain then most certainly...continue to believe that was exactly my POINT. You do what you do so extremely well it wouldn't matter one way or the other what my POV was, now would it:confused:

Lets keep in mind Obama was awarded the peace prize. He didn't enter a pool for the award or campaign for it. I'm sure he was just as surprised as anyone else to hear he had won. How is bashing him and celebrating when he is criticized for winning constructive in any way? Policies are one thing but this makes no sense.

Nobel jury speaks out in defense of Obama prize

OSLO (AP) -- One judge noted with surprise that President Barack Obama "didn't look particularly happy" at being named the Nobel Peace Prize laureate. Another marveled at how critics could be so patronizing.

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

In announcing the award Friday, the committee, whose members are appointed by the Norwegian Parliament, applauded the change in global mood brought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation. They also praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen the U.S. role in combating climate change.

Now, we know why they awarded the prize to Obama. We can disagree, but there is their rationale.

Werbung:

I think the point was that President Obama being who he is and the way his tone on peace is compared to what he replaced had some impact.

When you're a Super Power but still go out around the world and instead of just saber rattling actually act a little humble that gets peoples attention. Doesn't happen very often.

But all that said he's in a very tough spot. It's much harder to extract one's self from a war than it is to go into one. We could certainly use that war funding money back here at home for a number of things.

I'm glad he's in charge.

Back