Having the "jury foreman" also serve as "executioner", is that fair?

dogtowner! Your suggestion is excellent! moderators would not be permitted to post under their moderator I.D., so their crimes cannot easily be identified!!
While it would probably lead to more biased censorship it may be a neccessary first step to prove how prevalent the sorrowful act is.
As in Slavery , the majority of the slaves did not know what they were missing until freedom was available!! Why not try your suggestion?

being a mod is not merely thankless, its an outright pain in the ass.

people really need to understand that these guys are not doing this for their health and, if you are like me, this is not costing you a dime.

please consider this before you go all medieval on these guys.

Werbung:
being a mod is not merely thankless, its an outright pain in the ass.

people really need to understand that these guys are not doing this for their health and, if you are like me, this is not costing you a dime.

please consider this before you go all medieval on these guys.

As in most things in life, it only takes a few, often times only one, to destroy a good thing. Most of the moderators on this forum are not "biased clowns" who see harm in every thought or idea that goes against their personal bias.BUT in order to try and purify the total pool we must test every one responsible for its content and eliminate the dictators. Total lack of personal bias in decision making is very important when one accepts the huge moral responsibility of being a Moderator".We can do better

As in most things in life, it only takes a few, often times only one, to destroy a good thing. Most of the moderators on this forum are not "biased clowns" who see harm in every thought or idea that goes against their personal bias.BUT in order to try and purify the total pool we must test every one responsible for its content and eliminate the dictators. Total lack of personal bias in decision making is very important when one accepts the huge moral responsibility of being a Moderator".We can do better

Do you really think its a huge moral responsibility to be a moderator?

If we did that no one would want to be a mod here and the mods do valuable things.

You do not see it as much as I do perhaps but in the early morning some days there are 30 posts about some dumb thing someone wants to sell and the mods clean it up before people get on and start posting. But if that is all a mod did here they would not stay around because it would be boring.

Besides lets say we did do that and mods did not post personal thoughts, we would still know their thoughts by their actions. Threads about things they like would be more or less left alone and threads about things they did not like or agree with would be where they spent their time correcting people and threads IMO

I do not think this forum is fair and balanced but I do like it, and it is more fair and balanced than any other place I have been. Its small and for the most part has interesting people. I like it the best of all the places I have visited, joined and forgotten. Maybe this forum just isnt cut out for you? I am not suggesting you leave but have you tried others? I have been to some that are so terrible and unfair on both the left and the right. This one leans left but not so bad that I get dizzy :) Also, have you thought about starting your own? There are ways you can do it for free and it would be as balanced as you wanted it to be.

Also if mods or members are getting on your nerves try makig a private group. I go to a group in the private section when the nut cases in the main forum stop taking their meds and hang out there for a while till things blow over, you could start a forum in the private section and just dont invite anyone you dont like including the mods :)

Well Pandora as I read your post YOU are saying "If I do not like this forum , leave! However , that is just dishonest. If you read my opening sentence I state how important "moderators are". Yes, I like this forum but it is far from perfect so one can a least suggest improvements without being told to leave. There already have been suggested ways to control or at least hide the I.D. of biased moderators. Maybe more honest suggestions will be offered too.
It seems odd to me that you , above all other posters, would suggest we do nothing but accept a poorer product created by unfair and unbiased moderators, be it a single moderator or more than one.

I gave it a shot

Its a chat board Al, its not like Chairman of the IPCC for goodness' sake.

Meh. I have my own board. It's hard enough getting new and continuing users let alone playing whack-a-mole with trouble makers.

Moderating is not done because it's the easy way out. The EASY thing to do would be to let it run wild. Trust me.

You Know ALWAYS this is the first time that I have read one of your post that didn't include loud words and the like to describe how you feel about Obama and liberals. However MODS serve a purpose and if you feel like your being short changed in anyway by one of them just take it to a private forum like Pandora recommended and go from there. This may sound crazy but I do enjoy reading your post from time to time even though they may be a little extreme. Please don't feel the need that you have to leave because you have a right to express yourself just like everyone else. :)

I agree with you , Most of my posts relate to Obama and his policies that are destroying America. Yes, my post must sound extreme to those who are unaware of what Obama has in mind for America.
In his own words he stated five days before the 2008 election ,he was going to:
FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE AMERICA!! America needs Leadership NOT Dictatorship!
Obama in his own words "DISLIKES OUR CONSTITUTION", he thinks it limits his powers to force his unamerican agenda upon the citizens. And he is correct. It DOES STOP people like him. Yet, as we have seen in several of his offered programs he will not stop just because the majority of the citizens do not want his ideas, No, using corruption , lies, threats , and Union Goons he wants to beat the citizen into accepting programs of destruction for America as we know it!!
If I sound EXTREME when I oppose our Destruction, then I accept the blame and am proud to be recognized as a EXTREME SUPPORTER for AMERICA!!

Well Pandora as I read your post YOU are saying "If I do not like this forum , leave! However , that is just dishonest. If you read my opening sentence I state how important "moderators are". Yes, I like this forum but it is far from perfect so one can a least suggest improvements without being told to leave. There already have been suggested ways to control or at least hide the I.D. of biased moderators. Maybe more honest suggestions will be offered too.
It seems odd to me that you , above all other posters, would suggest we do nothing but accept a poorer product created by unfair and unbiased moderators, be it a single moderator or more than one.

I either typed it poorly or you took it wrong, but like it or leave it is not what I meant at all. I am sorry you took it differently. I really did not mean it the way it must have come across.

I dont even think you should do nothing. I gave you some ideas like the private forum.

I think dogs idea about the mod 1 mod 2 is a great idea and could be fun even. It is at least worth a try.

I think Gipper said it best in another thread a while back. The rules need to be spelled out and has to apply to everyone "even mods" equally or some of us will feel there is unfair treatment.

If the mods do not want rules that apply to everyone equally then they should at least be able to accept some will consider them bias and it should be ok to say so out loud.

I know there is a huge list of people waiting to do nothing all day but moderate this site, but never post views...for free...

Maybe some people need to look and see its not the moderation that is at fault...its them...

No one is going to want to mod and not get to post views, that would be boring. But there was a good idea posted by dog that made it possible to do both.

I do not think its fair to say the blame is all on her, she actually does have some valid points.

No one is going to want to mod and not get to post views, that would be boring. But there was a good idea posted by dog that made it possible to do both.

I do not think its fair to say the blame is all on her, she actually does have some valid points.

I would go out on a limb and say for evry 1000 posts...maybe one idea worth anything....hidden in ranting CAPS that no reads...

I would go out on a limb and say for evry 1000 posts...maybe one idea worth anything....hidden in ranting CAPS that no reads...

What is the value of this attack ?

I have yet to see a poster here above all criticism, myself included, and all this sort of thing is a needless distraction and, as I read a few minutes ago, against the rules.

If someone annoys you, ignore them. If you cannot bring yourself to do that then ask the management for a "Thunderdome" forum where you can get it all out your system without leaving all this wiz all over every thread.

Werbung:
Back