Hello There

AlicornsPrayer

Actually, I found your site through one of your former member's whining about ya'll...While equally whining about the site I belong to and other sites they've been booted from.

I figured that if that person found your site so detestible and whine-worthy, it ment ya'll were worth checking out and joining. :D

So...What to say about myself that doesn't have people here running away in fear...

I'm moderate, with liberal leanings in some areas and conservative leanings in other areas...

I'm very opinionated and enjoy passionate debating...As long as the dialog is kept polite and respectful.

I'm stubbron as all heck...Just ask my hubby. He hasn't won an argument with me in the 8 years he's known me...It's that Irish in me. Luckily for him, he's of Irish decent too, so he gives as good as he gets when we have those rare arguments. :D

Other information of a more personal nature? Ok, this will be a tad bit lengthy...Don't strain your eyes overly much...Oh, warn you now...I also have a tendency to be long-winded. ;)

I'm female (as if my name isn't clue enough) and my 41st birthday is right around the corner.

I'm happily married to the love of my life, that believe it or not I met on-line that 8 years ago. We've been hand-fasted November 11th, 2001 in Canada and civilly married April 19th of 2002 here in the US.

I have two young adult sons. One's 21, the other 18. Now they were deffinately my first true loves and I've considered it an honor to have raised them by myself. Not that it was easy or there weren't times I was wondering why...But all in all they've been my reason for being.

Our home almost resembles a petting zoo. But admission is free. We're proud adoptive parents of 3 dogs and a puppy, 2 cats, 2 ferrits, and 2 anolles. On occassion, we claim fame to being foster parents for wild animals recovering injuries, so please don't feel surprised if on occasion I mention water fowl antics, wild birds/falcons, raccoons, possumes, snakes, or other strange and exotic creatures. It's just discouraging hubby from rescuing the poisonous types.

I have many intrests. My main intrest and crafty persuit though is religious gemstone prayer chains and rosaries as well as personal jewelry wear. I also enjoy making all natural beauty products such as bath scrubs, soaps, lotions, and oils. Along with making personalize items and tools for those looking for hand crafted spiritual items. Although my main job is that of home maker, I also sell my wares on-line to those interested, as well as sell door to door or word of mouth out of area shops.

My other intrests include, but are not limited to:cooking, sewing, reading, writing, religious studies and theology, gardening, fishing, and the outdoors. I also enjoy learning new skills and crafts as a way to artistically express myself. BUT, if I had to say which of those I'm most known for, it would have to be the cooking...Since most of the sites I'm a member of, those that know me from other boards are always asking me to put up the 'what's for supper thread' to share menus and recipes. LOL!

If I haven't made it abundantly clear yet with my sublet mentionings, I'm a Pagan Spiritualist. This is not to be confused with Witch Craft or Satanism, or the practicing there of. I see the connections and similarities within all beliefs. I just prescribe to a much more simplier way of expressing my personal connection to the Divine without the need to prescribe a set image, gender, or general consceinces of opinion to a very personal practice and understanding.

And no...I was never a Christian, so saying that I 'lost god and turned to Paganism' doesn't apply to me. Yes, I did attend church as a child. But only as a way to educate myself through the diverse practices of my own family members. So I've attended different denominations over the years, but never in search of a God, because for me the Divine has always lived in me from my first breath. And I am equally grateful and thankful for the clergy I've encountered, that supported my personal choices and agree with me that I'm doing the Divine's will and that those that would think it 'the devil's work' really don't know just how diverse the Divine is itself....

Now, on to what my name means...Since it's usually the most asked question when I'm introducing myself...

My name is the embracing of my totem animal spirit. The alicorn is a very special creature, embraced both in mythology and early Christianity as a creature of the Divine. The alicorn represents purity of spirity, of hope, and eternal life. The alicorn was believed to have been the messenger of the Divine, and would only appear unto those that were directed by the Divine's hand. The alicorn was believed to not only heal all diseases, but was also believed to have power over death, bring the dead back to life. It endowed it's charges with strength, purity of heart, hope, and ever lasting life.

For me, choosing the alicorn not only as my sacred symbol and guide, I am also hoping that what it represents can live through me and that I am willing to accept that I pursue life as the Divine has created me for. And that the hope the Divine directs through me, may also bring hope to those that know me and inspire them as well to live spreading hope.

Well, that's somewhat who I am in a nutshell...At least the cliff-note version, as I'm a pretty complex individual at the best of times with many facets to who I am and what makes me tick. And hopefully, over time, we'll get to know one another even more through the site and some of those facets will be explained.

Werbung:
Actually, I found your site through one of your former member's whining about ya'll...While equally whining about the site I belong to and other sites they've been booted from.

I figured that if that person found your site so detestible and whine-worthy, it ment ya'll were worth checking out and joining. :D

That person you are talking about is great at giving us free advertising. :D

Welcome!

That person you are talking about is great at giving us free advertising. :D

Welcome!

They're giving lots of sites some great advertising. :D

And thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed checking ya'lls site out and look forward to getting to read alot more.

Welcome!

Forum disgruntled member eh? My bets are on Lasher or one of his anti semetist cohort, Kingball, Roker or Armchair.

Welcome!

Forum disgruntled member eh? My bets are on Lasher or one of his anti semetist cohort, Kingball, Roker or Armchair.

ROTFLMAOL!!! No, none of those names...

*Hint: Male and female tag team that lists everyone that disagrees with them as being Jewish...And Segep is a special sticky on their site. Who go from debate site to debate site, arguing the same old, same old 4 arguments they have about 'Jews taking over the world'...

I think they'd still be complaining about ya'll if it wasn't for the fact they're busy complaining about the site I hail from...

Ah! Yes, one of lashers cohort!

Jenifer Johnson and David Henry??

BINGO!

If anything, their constant whining about the various debate forums is creating a debate forum chain. LOL!

And it's deffinately been a nice way to meet new people over the internet.

*sigh* I wish there were a way to make these boneheads quietly disappear from the internet.

Ah well. There is an upside, as you've pointed out.

We could hack their site. ;)

kidding, only kidding.

No, it's much more fun seeing them post on their sites instead about all of our sites...Never know what site they'll introduce us to, so we can make more friends across the great big space of the internet. :D

Werbung:
lol I know. I banned them on my site before they could even start. :D

Well, you know RH...He's a bit more tolerant and it takes alot for him to ban people...The fact that he's allowed David to be banned twice in such a short time is saying alot.

If anything, we're a very patient lot on DTT...Plus there's that iggy option and you know how many of us love using it to it's fullest potential. :cool:

Back