House Of Debates section

9sublime

What is the actual point of this board admin? I was just wondering, because the whole site is about debating politics, and this is just a mash of all the topics in the above sections.

Werbung:
What is the actual point of this board admin? I was just wondering, because the whole site is about debating politics, and this is just a mash of all the topics in the above sections.

This is where some of the problems here arise. If youll notice all of the OTHER Forums are Listed as "DISCUSSION" forums, a place to DISCUSS things. These two forums are clearly labled "DEBATE" forums, THIS is where DEBATES are SUPPOSED to take place, NOT in the DISCUSSION forums. Thats how i read it all?

Discussion and debate in a political forum all seems very similair to me. We could nitpick around the issue but ultimatley I can't see the point in this section.

Technically, this is a place for two people to square off on a topic without all the chatter and noise from the sidelines. Of course, everyone else must be willing to respect the nature of the space and refrain from interfereing.

I plan on turning this place into an actual debate forum.

Where you challenge someone to a debate on a certain topic, pick a side, and let the other members decide on who won.

I plan on turning this place into an actual debate forum.

Where you challenge someone to a debate on a certain topic, pick a side, and let the other members decide on who won.

I used to participate on another board where, in addition to individual debates, there would be team debates (3 or 4 members per team where the admin picks the topic) as well with points scored by the actual rules of debate. Most folks wouldn't want to argue regularly under such constraints, but it does serve to help one form a more coherent argument during regular discussion.

It also teaches one not to decend into name calling. A lesson that a growing number of people here would do well to learn.

Discussion and debate in a political forum all seems very similair to me. We could nitpick around the issue but ultimatley I can't see the point in this section.

Hey Im new,I was just reading what was in the forum descriptions? most forums are labled discussion forums, these two are labled debate forums? so thats what i read it seems admin does want to make these PURE debate forums?

sorry i was just trying to help ill bow out now

Hmmm

Personally, I love the idea of having a debate section in that you don't need a specific category to post your opinion and people are expecting to debate anyway. It also by nature puts out a call for controversial, moreover interesting topics to debate. I for one support the debate forum. Now all we need is some opinionated people who can debate.

Seems we already have a number of one on one debates going on (with a only a few interlopers). In particular the Stem Cell Research thread appears to be largely Coyote vs. palerider. There are other examples.

About what palerider said above - we should have a team debate. I haven't done one of those in a long time and it sounds like fun. Anyone interested?

Seems we already have a number of one on one debates going on (with a only a few interlopers). In particular the Stem Cell Research thread appears to be largely Coyote vs. palerider. There are other examples.

About what palerider said above - we should have a team debate. I haven't done one of those in a long time and it sounds like fun. Anyone interested?

I am always ready for a formalized debate.

Werbung:
Okay, its seems like we have a number of people who would be interested in a formal debate. If these people would send me (or the other mods) a PM telling what topic they are looking to debate and who, if given choice, they would want to debate. Lets get this rolling.

Back