Huckabee covers up sons torture of dog

Popeye

This guy is a piece of work. Besides being a religious nut and claiming he is God's choice for presidency. He gets a convicted rapist released, who then goes on to commit murder. Then his son, David, is arrested for attempting to carry a pistol through the Little Rock airport. Now it has come to light, that David, would have made Michael Vick proud when he was 18 and fired from his Boy Scout counseling job for torturing and killing a stray dog.
A Son’s Past Deeds Come Back To Bite Huckabee
By Michael Isikoff and Holly Bailey | NEWSWEEK
Dec 24, 2007 Issue |

As Mike Huckabee gains in the polls, the former Arkansas governor is finding that his record in office is getting more scrutiny. One issue likely to get attention is his handling of a sensitive family matter: allegations that one of his sons was involved in the hanging of a stray dog at a Boy Scout camp in 1998. The incident led to the dismissal of David Huckabee, then 17, from his job as a counselor at Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, Ark. It also prompted the local prosecuting attorney— bombarded with complaints generated by a national animal-rights group—to write a letter to the Arkansas state police seeking help investigating whether David and another teenager had violated state animal-cruelty laws. The state police never granted the request, and no charges were ever filed. But John Bailey, then the director of Arkansas's state police, tells NEWSWEEK that Governor Huckabee's chief of staff and personal lawyer both leaned on him to write a letter officially denying the local prosecutor's request. Bailey, a career officer who had been appointed chief by Huckabee's Democratic predecessor, said he viewed the lawyer's intervention as improper and terminated the conversation. Seven months later, he was called into Huckabee's office and fired. "I've lost confidence in your ability to do your job," Bailey says Huckabee told him. One reason Huckabee cited was "I couldn't get you to help me with my son when I had that problem," according to Bailey. "Without question, [Huckabee] was making a conscious attempt to keep the state police from investigating his son," says I. C. Smith, the former FBI chief in Little Rock, who worked closely with Bailey and called him a "courageous" and "very solid" professional.
It appears Huckabee was once more, such as with Wayne Dumond, attempting to cover things up. Republican family values at work again.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

Werbung:
there's a photo of the guy with a glowing cross behind him on Drudge. it's a bookcase but the symbolism is really a hoot.

this presidential race thing has become a giant joke.

If they're going do to that, they shouldn't be allowed to keep their tax exempt status.

I agree.
the thing about Huckabee that's scary is that he would make America appear Christian... and that would flame the holy war. some people want that, to bring on the war without knowing what that really means.

I just don't care for religion rammed down my throat.
and most of these Christian types are total hypocrits.

That's what everybody is making a big deal about? Give me a break.

Huckabee is one of those fundamentalist Christians (Southern Baptist) who would no doubt be happiest in a theocracy.

He's got the full package, saying, homosexuality is "sinful". He has stated "a wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband." He has described himself as a "Christian leader", in an ad.

There can be no doubt that he is trying to appeal to the religious nut faction of the Republican party. That cross in the ad was obviously done on purpose.

Huckabee is one of those fundamentalist Christians (Southern Baptist) who would no doubt be happiest in a theocracy.

He's got the full package, saying, homosexuality is "sinful". He has stated "a wife is to submit graciously to the servant leadership of her husband." He has described himself as a "Christian leader", in an ad.

There can be no doubt that he is trying to appeal to the religious nut faction of the Republican party. That cross in the ad was obviously done on purpose.

but does he have a chance?
really?
Bush used the same tactics to win the last presidency.

NEW YORK – TruthWinsOut.org today called on Mike Huckabee to explain his close association to prominent members of the Christian Reconstructionist movement – which believes Old Testament law should replace the Constitution and that the Bible also justifies corporal or capital punishment for adulterers and homosexuals, among others.

“Huckabee should explain why he is socially and professionally associating with known extremists and how this squares with his professed sunny and optimistic vision for America,” said Besen. “While Huckabee makes jokes on the campaign trail, his ties to the fundamentalist fringe is no laughing matter. We hope the media will continue to explore the radical associates of Mike Huckabee.

In 1998, Mike Huckabee co-wrote the book, “Kids Who Kill” with Reconstructionist author George Grant. Grant is an ideologue with extreme, even dangerous religious views. The question is, does the former Arkansas governor share Grant’s view of the role of Christianity in government?

This passage is from Grant’s 1987 book The Changing of the Guard

“Christians have an obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy responsibility to reclaim the land for Jesus Christ - to have dominion in the civil structures, just as in every other aspect of life and godliness. But it is dominion that we are after. Not just a voice. It is dominion we are after. Not just influence. It is dominion we are after. Not just equal time. It is dominion we are after. World conquest. That’s what Christ has commissioned us to accomplish. We must win the world with the power of the Gospel. And we must never settle for anything less. http://truthwinsout.org

If this is the kind of thing Huckabee is in favor of, he is no different than the radical Islamist who stone women to death. And I am sure those people support the Bibical concept of killing anyone who worships a "false" god.

Werbung:
Prediction: Huckabee will lose badly on Tuesday. Romney will come out somewhere near the head of the pack. Huckabee will drop out of the race, leaving the so called "social conservatives" a difficult choice:

Support someone who doesn't share their views, or
support a Mormon.

Romney's campaign will pick up steam considerably once the Christian Conservatives discover that he shares many of their social values.

Meanwhile, the Democrats will select Hillary, despite the fact that many Republicans would rather vote for Ahmadinajad or Hugo Chavez than her.

I don't know if that is correct, but it could be. Such a sequence of events would give us a clear cut choice in November.

This election is already more entertaining than the superbowl.

Back