Huckabee, leader of the american taliban?

Well, whatever. I personally haven't met anyone that used that verse to justify violence, but then I wager ungodly people use whatever they can to justify what they want. Since I know of many secularist who use secularism to justify violence, it doesn't surprise me much.

Indeed. It's human nature. We can rise above it. But no one religion or philosophy appears to have the patent on it.

I think - my personal opinon only - that most major religions and philosophies have at their heart the same fundamental truths.

Most people just can't see it for the doctrine.

Werbung:
Just curious

Indeed. It's human nature. We can rise above it. But no one religion or philosophy appears to have the patent on it.

I think - my personal opinon only - that most major religions and philosophies have at their heart the same fundamental truths.

Most people just can't see it for the doctrine.

Have you checked out the claims of the Bible yourself? Not what someone said, or what crack pot leader of some movement said, but just the Bible?

I ask because it's amazing to me the people I meet who don't just read the Bible for what it is, and test it on their own. Most seem to rely on what someone else said.

Werbung:
Have you checked out the claims of the Bible yourself? Not what someone said, or what crack pot leader of some movement said, but just the Bible?

I ask because it's amazing to me the people I meet who don't just read the Bible for what it is, and test it on their own. Most seem to rely on what someone else said.

I have.

I have read things that seem pretty ghastly and some things that are good.

If people truly truly followed the "one commandment" that Jesus gave and stripped away all the hatred, bigotry and intolerance presented in other parts of the bible - then we would be a far better people.

Back