Enabling churches for social welfare work

Werbung:
So you are fool enough to believe that there is no waste in any government welfare program so that it actually takes all of the money the government spends to provide for social welfare?
Yeah....how're the privately-owned health-insurance-companies gonna get sufficient-$ub$idies$, if federal-bucks are wasted on social-welfare, right?

:rolleyes:

There is no separation clause in the U.S. Constitution. Get over it.

U.S. Constitution, Amendment I
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…”

You cannot dictate that churches refrain from political activity without violating the free exercise clause.

To be accurate I should have said the 1st Amendment and the Establishment clause that pertains to separation. And you can see here more of the Founders intent.

Separation of church and state

Separation of church and state is a political and legal doctrine that government and religious institutions are to be kept separate and independent from each other. The term most often refers to the combination of two principles: secularity of government and freedom of religious exercise.

Reflecting a concept often credited in its original form to the English political philosopher John Locke , the phrase separation of church and state is generally traced to the letter written by Thomas Jefferson in 1802 to the Danbury Baptists, in which he referred to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as creating a "wall of separation" between church and state. The phrase was quoted by the United States Supreme Court first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947. This led to increased popular and political discussion of the concept.

And I beg to differ that the government cannot remove tax exempt status from a church if it becomes an active fund raising arm of candidates or a political Party.

First: That's been the Constitutionally upheld law of the land for decades. So to say it isn't there is just ignoring the reality.

Secondly: Removing tax exempt status because a church has CHOSEN to operate a side business is not stopping that churches freedom of speech. They most certainly can do it. Just not on the taxpayers dime.

Oh, ya BABY...let's open up that can of 'celestial worms' that would allow more of those 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOB RELIGIOUS FANATICS' to prey upon the poor unsuspecting public...

As opposed to whom- taxpayers that the Democrats prey upon?

If you had bothered to actually read the amendment you would know that it includes safeguards to insure financial accountability in churches. That’s more than we now have in liberal politicians.

Government can print money, run up endless debt, and redistribute wealth by force, private charity cannot legally do these things.

And they still wouldn’t be able to do any of these things should this amendment be ratified.

Werbung:
To be accurate I should have said the 1st Amendment and the Establishment clause that pertains to separation.

And you would still be wrong. The First Amendment does not mandate any separation. Government cannot mandate a religion and nothing in the amendment I propose would change this. But if my religion says I have to be involved in politics, then the government cannot say otherwise without violating the free exercise clause. What is it about this that you don’t understand?

Back