Hugo Chavez

Yeah, I do like Chavez, I think he may not be perfect at any rate, but its a start from the more opressive rulers in South America and anything that hacks of Americas government and does a bit more for freedom against them is good.

Theres a pretty straight answer for you, and I don't think I've given you any politician answers in the past.

Werbung:
No, I said I like Chavez, I never said I liked communism. I think that people could benefit from some of the ways Chavez works, but not all of them. For example, he gives out cheap oil to your nations poorest, while your government leaves New Orleans to rot.

There is no use in arguing with someone who has only lived in the USA and has never experienced anything else... and is stubbornly adhering to their bliefs... beliefs as in purely non-factual.

There is no use in arguing with someone who has only lived in the USA and has never experienced anything else... and is stubbornly adhering to their bliefs... beliefs as in purely non-factual.

I'm sure that all that irony was intentional, "God."

No, I said I like Chavez, I never said I liked communism.

That's like saying you like Hitler but you can't stand Nazis - doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

I think that people could benefit from some of the ways Chavez works, but not all of them. For example, he gives out cheap oil to your nations poorest, while your government leaves New Orleans to rot.

People have to take responsibility for their own lives. It's not the government's purpose to take care of people like a parent. If you live below sea level in a high risk area, then you must either be prepared or suffer the consequences. That city and state have been controlled by liberal politicians for a very long time. Why weren't they ready? Is it perhaps because the government leaders in the area weren't prepared themselves???

That's like saying you like Hitler but you can't stand Nazis - doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

No, I'm saying I think Chavez has got some balls and some good intentions, and hes pissing off America. Most people who piss off America without killing their innocent citizens generally go in my good book.

Did you know that I am pretty libertarian myself? It's just from your posts you seem to be at the other end of the spectrum from me on left/right wing. Although I'd never really related it to myself until recently, me and you do share something in common. Just thought I would share that.

No, I'm saying I think Chavez has got some balls and some good intentions, and hes pissing off America. Most people who piss off America without killing their innocent citizens generally go in my good book.

Ok, so you just like the way Chavez is standing up to the U.S. Well, I totally disagree with U.S. foreign policy, but I still wouldn't want to side with Chavez on the matter. I just don't like collectivism or communism, and I can't support leaders who rule via those policies.

But he is right that the U.S. should leave the rest of the world alone. However, a lot of other people are right about that also. The American Congressman Ron Paul for one:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul375.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul373.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul382.html

Did you know that I am pretty libertarian myself? It's just from your posts you seem to be at the other end of the spectrum from me on left/right wing. Although I'd never really related it to myself until recently, me and you do share something in common. Just thought I would share that.

Libertarianism isn't really right or left though. There is a top and bottom to the political spectrum - with libertarians at the top sharing both characteristics with some conservatives and some liberals. A true Libertarian believes that all people should have the liberty to do any peaceful, honest, voluntary transaction or activity. The only time the government steps in is when a person (or persons) uses force, fraud, or coercion against another person (or persons) to deprive them of rights.

Fake conservative "values"

I don't care about American interests. What I know about him is that he's a fervent collectivist and claims to be a communist, does he not? That's enough for me to realize he's an idiot. I realize you're probably a communist sympathizer and you actually believe that what he's doing is "for the poor" - LOL - but you're the one buying propaganda, not me.

At one time, most people thought the world was flat. Were they right? There are a lot of ignorant, uninformed people in the world. I imagine if you could rate Chavez's support based on IQ, the dumbest people in the country would love him the most.

Imagine that, the business owners and those creating the jobs don't like having their property stolen by this thug... Can't believe it...

You leftists are funny.

Bush has destroyed the American dream.
If anyone disagrees with him they are no good..
He'd rather fight against them than fight for us.
His policies have destroyed my thriving small business, which employed
over 35 people and was growing for 10 years. There are thousands like us.
So, if you really believe that bush supports the American way, then your
American way is exxon, mobil, Squibb, Aetna and other conglomerates.
Our 650,000 companies were not on the Dow Jones so we don't matter.
Bush is a facist...we know how well that works out..
As long as the Joe mcCarthy mentality exists amongst his cowboy friends we are less of a nation..
This is sad..rebuild Baghdad and tell New Orleans to go screw..
I donated money to Chavez' campaign!!
This is not my grandfather's America, where we could come here to work,
educate our children and create opportunities.
He has heartlessly allowed outsourcing, cheap illegal labor and permits business to desecrate our environment..
at least Chavez has a heart..AND a brain..
More refineries mean lower gas prices and more opportunity..
Anyone who believes otherwise is a sad stooge for the rich, selfish and evil oil executives..
We deserve better!

the fact is truth bringer, YOU are the one buying the propaganda. He IS helping the poor, but because he is taking on America the propaganda you are recieving through Fox News or CNN is going to be what gun weilding flagaphiles want to hear.

I thought Fox News was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Thank **** for Channel 4 and the BBC news.

Foolish labeling in lieu of problem solving

Just because YOU and the simple minded opposition labels him a communist
does not make it so..Just because you accept labels and expect anyone who says anything negative about Bush does not make them a "liberal"..
The rest of the caring world is tired of being labeled and written off by people who would prefer to call names rather than solve the problem. That is childish, unproductive and actually un-American..This country was founded on debate and compromise, none of which Bush can even spell...We are in a sad state, so if you're not going to help us, at least get out of the way..
FACT: Building more refineries, as Chavez is trying to do, willl lower the cost of oil and help working people and all economies...
Fact: This does not help Bush and his BILLIONAIRE friends.
FAct: Those who support Bush's energy and foreign policy against Chavez are on the bad guys' side..They have been duped!
Did you actually believe that the grounding of one oil tanker in 1991 was capable of raising ALL oil price WORLDWIDE for 2 years??
Please stop buying in to the name calling and spend some time looking at the problems at hand and the facts that involve them. Once you can stop being
so emotionally duped you can begin to help us move forward.

Werbung:
I think its fantastic that the bloke slating Chavez is a man "whose law firm represents an American subsidiary of a Hugo Chavez-controlled oil company."
That alone makes most of this propaganda fed straight from Bush and Co.

"Who would listen to Chavez if he didn't have all this oil money? Nobody would listen to him," Giuliani said.

I think you have more than one export from South America.

He said Chavez's social programs and those of Cuban leader Fidel Castro "keep people in poverty" and "keep people dependent."

Apart from the fact this statement isn't true, the fact that you buy goods of the people of developing and industrialisating nations at dirt cheap prices keeps their economy down.

And maybe this Presidential Candidate should focus on helping those in poverty in his nation before attacking others for their country when they have a government that has clearly improved things in Venezuala since Chavez came to power. Just not in favour of America.

"I feel perfect freedom to point out that Hugo Chavez is a person who's acting against the interests of the United States. He's someone where we'd be in a much better position if we could cut him off. If we could say we don't want or need Venezuelan oil," Giuliani told reporters after the speech. "I don't think there's anyone that's more outspoken about how dangerous I think he is."

Yeah, we know that you don't like Chavez, so what are you going to do? Claim there are some weapons of mass destruction in there, or just use the CIA to get a regime change?

And we all know you need Venezuala's oil as things stand, and there doesn't seem to be a huge reneweable energy scheme in the pipeline to swing things back into Americas favour.

Back