I can prove God exists

If you can read this, I can prove that God exists. And, for all you atheists or agnostics out there, I will give you the opportunity to prove me wrong. So far no one has been able to do so. This is based on the writings of Perry Marshall, 2005.

Patterns versus Designs

Examples of patterns are stalgamites, snowflakes, crystals and tornadoes. The formation of patterns is part of the study of Chaos. The formula for a snowflake is "Water+cold air+gravity+wind+time". Patterns are not information. No information is programmed into a pattern and no information can be decoded from a pattern.

If you are seriously into math, then fractals and mandelbrot sets are patterns. Weather is a pattern but forecasts are notoriusly unreliable because the weather is driven by chaos.

No intelligence is required to form patterns. Only naturally occurring events.

Designs require intelligence. Designs are examples of information.

Music is an example of a design. Notes are represented symbolically on paper. The sounds generated depend on the placement of these symbols on the staff, the shape of the symbol and the order. Music also exists in physical form when the air vibrates in a musical composition.

Windows is a design. It is a binary code in which "on" and "off" signals are arranged in sequences to send coded electric signals to various components of a computer. The component decodes the sequence of ons and offs and takes action based on the coded instructions. Windows XP is estimated to contain in excess of 30 million lines of code. This means that componnents must be capable of decoding the same 30+ million lines.

Language is a design. Language requires symbols that have meaning. Meaning is determined by the specific choice of symbols, the sequence and a standard set of rules to decode the meaning. Languages are a design that requires intelligence.

Designs require encoding and decoding to determine the meaning of the coding.

DNA

The DNA molecule is an example of information. Humans have 3 billion base pairs on each DNA molecule. One DNA molecule is a blueprint for an entire living organism; The body, the organs, the enzymes and hormones, the nervous system, the brain. Everything we are is encoded in each DNA molecule in our body.

I am 5'10" tall with brown hair, brown eyes and light skin. I have an astigmatism in my left eye and a deep voice. I have a shallow foot arch and and am right handed. All this is due to the information encoded into my DNA. The DNA I received from my parents and based on the DNA they received from my grandparents.

DNA is an encoding and decoding system. DNA is a language. DNA can be compared with computer programming. DNA is a code.

And DNA cannot have occurred naturally, without intelligent input.

The Challenge

Give me one example, just one, of a code or language that arose naturally, without some intelligent input. Give me just one example of information that arose solely from naturally occurring events. Give me reasonable proof, with your argument and with sources, that clearly establish that your code or language arose spontaneously from natural forces, without intelligent input. Just one example is all it will take and I will retract my initial statement.

Is anyone up to this challenge?

Oh please. First of all you violate all forms of argumentative questioning with intense fallacy. You cannot define X as not being Y, and then ask someone to give you an X that is Y. It's an impossible and circular argument. The problem with your idea here is that you're purporting that a "Code" cannot be natural (which is kind of hard to prove either way, since DNA is a chemical code of sorts, and since everything alive has DNA and it being the most likely candidate for natural code, you've cut that off at the pass, leaving no recourse for anyo9ne to argue, however this idealism is blatantly problematic) ....

So the problems here are as thus;

A) you cannot with any amount of validity state that information must be intelligent in design.
A(1): There is tons of information held within mathmatics and physics, chemistry. Of course with your reasoning, physics and chemistry are god's responsibility and I must be wrong. However let me make a quick argumentative here. ----

You state DNA is "information" and thus "Code" and cannot be natural. However one could make the same argument adversely pointing out that a sepcific mineral content is water, found only in a hypothetical certain cave, would be the information carried within this water that forms a specific type of crystalline formation using the specific minerals contained in the cave walls and their interaction with the mineral content of the water. WOOO INFORMATION? OR SIMPLY CHEMISTRY and PHYSICS? Sure DNA is complex and this example is not, but so? It took longer to form something stable such as the human genetic blueprint than it took for the minerals to saturate the underground river....your point?
-----

B) You fail to realize that there is much simpler life out there, Viruses with but around 10,000bp. If we must look even smaller, the (HBV) contains 3400-4100bp, which is simply insane as to how very little "information" as you put it, is represented. The problem is that you assume that since life is functional, then it must have been intelligence, since no intelligence would have just led to a pile of useless gene folded proteins floating pointlessly around in a puddle of water without so much as a hint of life. However what you're forgetting is that for every single life since the beginning (whenever that was) there's likely 10,000 million that were non functional. (arbitrary and out my ass in terms of actual numbers, but let's just say that every life has tons that failed in it's wake) since a badly structured genome would simply snuff itself out by virtue of BEING a non viable genomic mutation. You simply stray to far from how things truly work and spend too much time spazzing over someone not answering your question....

C) "A pattern is not information! Patterns can be natural, code cannot" -- You. ---- Ok I'll give that "intelligent" code isn't usually spawned naturally. The problem with what you're using this methodology to prove is that you're doing it oh so incorrectly, tons of gaping holes, and enough fallacy to keep a pathological liar complacent for years. Sure, nature doesn't create works of art, broadway musicals, the script for last weeks episode of scrubs, or a recipe for browned scalloped potatoes and poached pheasant. You're assuming that nature even has the capability to produce such things, nature cannot "write" a book, as the prerequisites are too fantastic to be realistic. What nature does provide is the informational, if you will, template of chemistry, physics, and biology. Things pretty much work as they do, because that's simply how things are. The answer to your trick question is that DNA itself is the code that nature produced. Whether a god or gods had a hand in nature, I'm not going to even begin to act as if I can answer this with any hint of truth, I do not know.

Let's define "Information"

# a message received and understood

# data: a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn; "statistical data"

# knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction

# (communication theory) a numerical measure of the uncertainty of an outcome; "the signal contained thousands of bits of information"

--------------

one could contend that DNA contains a message, that is received during transcription and so forth that makes these protein building blocks fold like we need them to. And that is very well what it is. Unlike your instructions for building a Lego Raptor Jesus, you can't fit the green blocks where the red blocks go, there is very specific and unchanging chemical interactions that will always function exactly as expected during replication. When things go wrong, it's not the fault of genetic biology, but rather something effecting or something wrong with the dna itself. The building blocks simply do what they're supposed to do, because they formed to do it, because if it DIDN'T form that way it simply COULD not exist given the manner in which physical interaction dictates. meh...you made me stop caring, I'll indulge you no further.

Werbung:
r0beph
"The building blocks simply do what they're supposed to do, because they formed to do it, because if it DIDN'T form that way it simply COULD not exist given the manner in which physical interaction dictates."

You say "they were formed to do it" This is exactly my contention. Design.

There is no question that DNA contains information. Huge amounts of information. A block of 3 base pairs is a codon and a codon controls the production of one enzyme. The order of the base pairs and left/right orientation must be precise to produce the enzyme.

Humans have 3 billion base pairs on each DNA molecule and each base pair has a definite function. If one of these base pairs contains an error, the human individual will be adversely affected. In some cases, one defectiove base pair is fatal. So getting every one of these base pais into the correct prostions is critical. There are 4 possible combinations of base pairs at each location: (A-t, T-A, C-G and G-C). So the number of different combinations of base pairs in human DNA is 4 raised to the 3 billionth power. If you chose to believe this could arise solely through unintelligent random and undirected forces, more power to you.

Some people believe WWE is real wrestling because it's on tv. And some people beleive in the Lock Ness monster and sasquatch because photos exist

Not impossible does not mean probable or likely.

"nature cannot "write" a book, as the prerequisites are too fantastic to be realistic." Remember that human DNA is far more complicated than any book ever written. So if I understand you right, nature can't produce a book (or the information contained in a book) but can produce the information in DNA, which is many tiomes more compicated?

Yep. Makes perfect sense to me that an evolutionist could beleive this crap.

coyote
It is well known that sickle cell anemia provides resistance to malaria. The price paid for that resistance is certain death. Sickle cell anemia is fatal in 100% of affected individuals. So if the sickle cell anemia will certainly kill you, what good is malaria resistance? This is a classic case of what happens as a result of mutations. Mutations screw things up. This mutation results in death to the individual.

Do you know of any predictable mutations that enhance the individual?

You have no proof nature could not make this code, just fact that every other code has been made by intelligent design from humans. This is not proof, just a nice little point.

Nine
Let me repeat my assertion;

Fact 1. DNA is a code.
Fact 2. Every code/lanugauge on this planet has been composed by intelligence.
Fact 3. No code/language on earth has been proven to have occured through naturalistics, unintelligent random forces.
Fact 4. The likelihood (probability) of DNA occurring without design is no small as to merit no serious consideration by any thinking person.

Conclusion: DNA is a result of intelligence.
Conclusion: intelligence requires a designer and I assert that designer is Yahweh (aha Jehovah).

In previous posts I have analyzed the probability of DNA arising randomly.

You can destroy my argument by pointing out just one code/language that you can demonstrate arose naturally, without intelligence. It doesn't have to be DNA or even biological in nature. ANY CODE OR LANGUAGE.

So far, no one has.

Fact 1. DNA is a code.
Fact 2. Every code/lanugauge on this planet has been composed by intelligence.
Fact 3. No code/language on earth has been proven to have occured through naturalistics, unintelligent random forces.

This is a point. It is not a proof.

Fact 4. The likelihood (probability) of DNA occurring without design is no small as to merit no serious consideration by any thinking person.

Conclusion: DNA is a result of intelligence.
Conclusion: intelligence requires a designer and I assert that designer is Yahweh (aha Jehovah).

The likelihood that DNA arose without design is so small it doesn't have any merit...and somehow this proves Christianity?

That'd be a huge logical leap.

coyote
It is well known that sickle cell anemia provides resistance to malaria. The price paid for that resistance is certain death. Sickle cell anemia is fatal in 100% of affected individuals. So if the sickle cell anemia will certainly kill you, what good is malaria resistance? This is a classic case of what happens as a result of mutations. Mutations screw things up. This mutation results in death to the individual.

Do you know of any predictable mutations that enhance the individual?

You are wrong. Sickle cell in it's heterozygous state has very little affect on a person.

vYo

"The likelihood that DNA arose without design is so small it doesn't have any merit...and somehow this proves Christianity?"

If naturalistic evolution without intelligence is not a satisfactory explanation for origins, what is? So far, science has no alternative othjer than intelligent design.
If DNA couldn't arise without intelligence, whose intelligence created it?

My contention is
1. DNA is a product of intelligence.
2. The intelligent desigbner was the Christian/Judaic God.

If you have a different idea as the identity, let me know and we can debate that point.

My contention is

If you have a different idea as the identity, let me know and we can debate that point.

This is where your argument falls down. You have made a very good point to prove intelligent design, and for the sake of argument, I'll say I accpet your point about no natural codes as absoloute proof (I don't btw).

However, where do you get the proof its the Chrisitan God?

It's a matter of belief, 9sub. In these arguments it always comes down to a matter of belief. One side can't prove evolution, the other side can't prove divine creation. One side can't disprove divine creation, the other side can't disprove evolution. Both sides are convinced they are right anyway. Why? Because it's a matter of belief.

vYo

"The likelihood that DNA arose without design is so small it doesn't have any merit...and somehow this proves Christianity?"

If naturalistic evolution without intelligence is not a satisfactory explanation for origins, what is? So far, science has no alternative othjer than intelligent design.
If DNA couldn't arise without intelligence, whose intelligence created it?

My contention is

Science has no evidence that an intellegence (or diety exists). You are depending on negative evidence for your conclusion. In other words - because science can not YET explain everything that somenow supports a conclusion that there is a diety involved. You find holes in evolution and you use those holes as evidence for your theory. That is not science Invest.

Even if there were an intellegent designer - what scientific evidence do you have for it being a Judeo-Christian God? Maybe it's Allah? Maybe it's Zeus? Maybe it's Mannawydden, Ceres, or Kali?

Science has no evidence that an intellegence (or diety exists). You are depending on negative evidence for your conclusion. In other words - because science can not YET explain everything that somenow supports a conclusion that there is a diety involved. You find holes in evolution and you use those holes as evidence for your theory. That is not science Invest.

Even if there were an intellegent designer - what scientific evidence do you have for it being a Judeo-Christian God? Maybe it's Allah? Maybe it's Zeus? Maybe it's Mannawydden, Ceres, or Kali?

I agree.

However, just because there is no scientific evidence, doesn't mean there is no evidence.

Unless of course, you think that the scientific method is the end-all, be-all of human knowledge. What is that, if not faith?

I agree.

However, just because there is no scientific evidence, doesn't mean there is no evidence.

Unless of course, you think that the scientific method is the end-all, be-all of human knowledge. What is that, if not faith?

If you are trying to make a scientific argument then scientific evidence is the only evidence that counts, and that would mean the scientific method.

Faith is faith - it is not amenable to the scientific method and in the end, not really provable. Most evidence when it comes to faith is anecdotal, testimonial and I don't put much currency on that.

I don't consider science the end-all, be-all of human knowledge. Science is simply one of many languages, but I consider it important in trying to make sense of the physical and natural world.

So you have actually failed to prove the existence of God.

You've made the point that: no code has ever been created naturally except DNA.

You've made the leap that this must be due to intelligence.

Then an even bigger leap to which designer created it.

Werbung:
If you are trying to make a scientific argument then scientific evidence is the only evidence that counts, and that would mean the scientific method.

Correct.

Science cannot prove nor disprove something that is not a material cause. That is why there is no 'scientific evidence' for god. You need to use another tool for that - logic and philosophy for instance.

Faith is faith - it is not amenable to the scientific method and in the end, not really provable. Most evidence when it comes to faith is anecdotal, testimonial and I don't put much currency on that.

Science postulates that everything has a material cause, doesn't it?

Where is the proof of that, hmm? Could it be that you accept the truth of that statment on nothing but faith?

I don't consider science the end-all, be-all of human knowledge. Science is simply one of many languages, but I consider it important in trying to make sense of the physical and natural world.

I do not question the importance of science - merely the absurd claim that something doesn't exist if it has no 'scientific' evidence.

And when you are no longer encumbered by the 'scientific method', you would realize that there is logical proof for god's existence.

Back