I could vote for Donald Trump

Hobo1

The guy has the guts, the mouth and the balls to really shake up this country - and it needs somebody like that right now. With Trump, any lobbyists is going to be greeted by "You're outta here".

Donald Trump says the 'last person' Obama wants to run against is Donald Trump

It’s official. For the moment, at least, Donald Trump has hijacked the Republican presidential race. How do we know that? He told us Tuesday, dismissing the criticism that he’s inconsequential, that’s he’s a “joke candidate.”

“So inconsequential that I’m leading in every poll?” he bragged to NBC’s Savannah Guthrie.

The Trump Presidential Reality Tour stopped at both "Good Morning America" and the "Today" show Tuesday morning, with its principal sounding more and more like he’s ready to jump in.

Both Guthrie and ABC’s George Stephanopoulos pressed Trump on the Obama “birther” issue, at times almost pleading with him to stop for the sake of Americans everywhere.

When Stephanopoulos suggested that all evidence suggests that the president is, in fact, a U.S. citizen, Trump would have none of it.

“George, they’ve co-opted you,” Trump interjected.

“Who’s ‘they’?” Stephanopoulos said.

“Obviously Obama and his minons,” Trump said. “They have co-opted you.”

Stephanopoulos pushed Trump to reveal whether his publicized investigation of Obama’s past in Hawaii had yielded any results. “That’s none of your business,” the billionaire replied. "Next question, George."

On “Today,” Trump said he is worth far more than the $2.7 billion estimated by Forbes magazine and pledged he would release his tax returns if Obama releases his birth certificate.

“I built a fantastic company,” he said.

He continued his tough talk on the China issue, pledging to launch a trade war with the economic giant if it did not stop manipulating its currency.

“They have some of our debt. Big deal,” Trump said. “They don’t have the cards. We have the cards.”

Trump wants to institute a 25 percent tariff on Chinese imports. The talk has so alarmed the pro-business Club for Growth that it’s begun releasing daily statements knocking Trump’s proto-candidacy.

“I’ve made a lot of money with China by the way,” Trump added.” A lot of money.”

Despite a recent Rasumussen poll that shows Obama thumping Trump, the Donald said he is the president’s worst political nightmare. “I know many people at the White House and one in particular,” he said. “And the last person he wants to run against is Donald Trump.”

Werbung:
I do not think the Donald is going to run. He is a very good self promoter. But, I must say I like a lot of what he says.

However, if you do a little research on him you will find he holds some very silly liberal positions.

Trump is a self-promoter when it means money in his pocket. Running for President has no way to make money except if you want to sell your books. Donald wants to put this country back on the road to being economically strong again.

I am willing to sacrifice a few liberal ideas to get our country strong again. Ronald Reagan ain't coming back. And no Tea Party member is going to vote for a Democrat. I would love to see someone in the White House that knows how to use America's economic power as a bargaining tool.

I can't believe we are getting sand kicked in our face by Communist China :mad:

Trump is a self-promoter when it means money in his pocket. Running for President has no way to make money except if you want to sell your books. Donald wants to put this country back on the road to being economically strong again.

I am willing to sacrifice a few liberal ideas to get our country strong again. Ronald Reagan ain't coming back. And no Tea Party member is going to vote for a Democrat. I would love to see someone in the White House that knows how to use America's economic power as a bargaining tool.

I can't believe we are getting sand kicked in our face by Communist China :mad:

Hobo, you and I agree on something! Amazing!

SteveOx, I would not vote for Palin if you held a welding torch to my testicles. The same for Gingrich.

Trump I could vote for. He's no dummy. He knows economics, he's a no-nonsense personality, and he would kick some butt.

At this point in our history, I am not too concerned about social issues. If we don't get this country out of debt and back on the road to economic recovery, abortion and gay marriage and all that stuff isn't going to matter very much.

Hobo, you and I agree on something! Amazing!

SteveOx, I would not vote for Palin if you held a welding torch to my testicles. The same for Gingrich.

Trump I could vote for. He's no dummy. He knows economics, he's a no-nonsense personality, and he would kick some butt.

At this point in our history, I am not too concerned about social issues. If we don't get this country out of debt and back on the road to economic recovery, abortion and gay marriage and all that stuff isn't going to matter very much.

if by knows econ you mean wants to start trade war with China then sure. 25% tarrifs I don't think would help us.

if by knows econ you mean wants to start trade war with China then sure. 25% tarrifs I don't think would help us.

If China wants a real trade war with the US I say let them try. China can kiss that 8-10% GPD growth number goodbye.

The US has as its fundamental goal to keep the environment clean, supports humanitarian living conditions and a reasonable wage for its citizens. China has a terrible human rights record, the wages are at slave labor levels, and the water/ air pollution is horrible. This allows the government to hold its currency at a very low exchange rate compared to the rest of the world.

I fully support fair trade with China as long it is FAIR! But by all measure, they are playing the capitalistic, free market game unfairly. No one can compete against a cheater. And whatever Trump says that will get the leaders of China really believing that Washington DC is finished playing that game with a cheater - the better off our country will be. Running this country sometimes requires harsh, demanding words and actions. Obama doesn't even know what kind of temperament I am talking about - he is a wimp.

If Trump wants to not be treated like a joke, then he needs to stop acting like a joke. To date, he has done nothing except cause Republicans to look bad, and offer energy to the Democratic base, which had been overcome with malaise. Trump served up a huge political win by making an issue over this whole idiotic "birther" debate, and then being made to look ridiculous. My message to Trump: Stop energizing the Democratic base, you are not helping anyone except Obama.

Is there anything Presidential about the following statements:

When Stephanopoulos suggested that all evidence suggests that the president is, in fact, a U.S. citizen, Trump would have none of it.

“George, they’ve co-opted you,” Trump interjected.

“Who’s ‘they’?” Stephanopoulos said.

“Obviously Obama and his minons,” Trump said. “They have co-opted you.”

His 25% Chinese tariff is absurd, and getting into a trade war with China is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard...especially when such a war is self imposed. It is ridiculous. Ultimately, I agree the US could win a trade war with China, but it would be devastating to millions of Americans, and there is simply no need for it.

So far, all we basically see Trump talking about is that he has made a lot of money (who cares) and that Obama was not born in the United States. All he has done is energized Democrats, made the race about an issue that Republicans cannot win on, and turned off independent voters....

Way to go Donald, instead of talking about jobs, the economy, and spending (issues Republicans can win on), you made the race about Obama's birth certificate, and you lost...pathetic.

How can anybody watch this video President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate and feel this man has the slightest bit of intestinal fortitude?

He talks and acts like a wimp and no one believes him. He has done nothing for this country in 2+ years except to prove what a poor leader he is. He complains
"But two weeks ago, when the Republican House had put forward a budget that will have huge consequences potentially to the country, and when I gave a speech about my budget and how I felt that we needed to invest in education and infrastructure and making sure that we had a strong safety net for our seniors even as we were closing the deficit, during that entire week the dominant news story wasn’t about these huge, monumental choices that we're going to have to make as a nation. It was [Donald Trump] talking about my birth certificate.

Wake up Obama, people in this country were not, are not, impressed by your performance during the budget debate. In fact, both Republicans and Democrats said they were not getting strong leadership from the White House. After all is finished, then Obama expects to the American public to be interested in what Obama "contributed" to the budget?

He was spineless during the budget debate, and there is nothing in the final budget that Obama can claim as his own to be the result of his hard-fought contribution.

And the proof is Donald Trump stole the show - not because he especially because wanted Obama to prove he is an American citizen, but because Trump talked like someone who could speak as leader of a great and powerful country.

I am certain people like Muammar Gaddafi were shaking in their boots when Trump spoke.

How can anybody watch this video President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate and feel this man has the slightest bit of intestinal fortitude?

He talks and acts like a wimp and no one believes him. He has done nothing for this country in 2+ years except to prove what a poor leader he is. He complains
"But two weeks ago, when the Republican House had put forward a budget that will have huge consequences potentially to the country, and when I gave a speech about my budget and how I felt that we needed to invest in education and infrastructure and making sure that we had a strong safety net for our seniors even as we were closing the deficit, during that entire week the dominant news story wasn’t about these huge, monumental choices that we're going to have to make as a nation. It was [Donald Trump] talking about my birth certificate.

Wake up Obama, people in this country were not, are not, impressed by your performance during the budget debate. In fact, both Republicans and Democrats said they were not getting strong leadership from the White House. After all is finished, then Obama expects to the American public to be interested in what Obama "contributed" to the budget?

He was spineless during the budget debate, and there is nothing in the final budget that Obama can claim as his own to be the result of his hard-fought contribution.

And the proof is Donald Trump stole the show - not because he especially because wanted Obama to prove he is an American citizen, but because Trump talked like someone who could speak as leader of a great and powerful country.

I am certain people like Muammar Gaddafi were shaking in their boots when Trump spoke.

The problem is that Trump is stealing the show, but it is allowing Obama to steal the moral high ground on the issues that actually matter....

Now Trump is ranting about college records? He just needs to stop.

The problem is that Trump is stealing the show, but it is allowing Obama to steal the moral high ground on the issues that actually matter....

Now Trump is ranting about college records? He just needs to stop.

I read one article that said if Trump were serious, he should be out on the stump, kissing babies, and doing fund-raising speeches.

Trump has a new and fresh style. You aren't going to see him fit the usual pattern of a politician, whose basic style is to offend no one.

Trump came out and said gas prices are being jacked up by the OPEC monopoly. If OPEC were headquartered in the US, it would be an illegal monopoly. But yet we defend these oil producing countries using our military, paid for by our taxpayer's tax dollar. Trump proposed saying to the OPEC oil countries, "either you start pumping more oil and lowering the price of oil, or we start charging you for the price of our military to defend your country. Sounds like a pretty serious proposal.

I haven't heard Obama come up with something like that. He sits on his thumb as oil prices climb.

I am sure Obama got some sort of racial preference to attend the Ivy League schools - that was the big rage in the late '70s. Let's see if he was really qualified - or did LBJ's Great Society give him an unfair boost. The Dems like these kind of programs - let's see how well they have worked. Legitimate issue.

I don't see Trump giving ground to Obama on anything. Name one thing that you think is important where Obama is taking the upper ground.

I read one article that said if Trump were serious, he should be out on the stump, kissing babies, and doing fund-raising speeches.

Trump has a new and fresh style. You aren't going to see him fit the usual pattern of a politician, whose basic style is to offend no one.

Trump came out and said gas prices are being jacked up by the OPEC monopoly. If OPEC were headquartered in the US, it would be an illegal monopoly. But yet we defend these oil producing countries using our military, paid for by our taxpayer's tax dollar. Trump proposed saying to the OPEC oil countries, "either you start pumping more oil and lowering the price of oil, or we start charging you for the price of our military to defend your country. Sounds like a pretty serious proposal.

That proposal is lunacy. It wouldn't result in more oil being produced, nor would it do anything to curb demand...and most likely we would see pretty large short term price spikes resulting from such a threat, which would only serve to hurt the fragile American recovery even more.

If we are going to retain credibility on the world stage, then selling our military capabilities to the highest bidder does not need to be on the table in the way Trump has commented.

I haven't heard Obama come up with something like that. He sits on his thumb as oil prices climb.

Such an action wouldn't decrease oil prices anyway...especially not in the short term. What is Obama supposed to do about oil prices? The President cannot dictate to a world market what the price will be.

I am sure Obama got some sort of racial preference to attend the Ivy League schools - that was the big rage in the late '70s. Let's see if he was really qualified - or did LBJ's Great Society give him an unfair boost. The Dems like these kind of programs - let's see how well they have worked. Legitimate issue.

You want to make the 2012 race about whether Obama got a boost from LBJ's Great Society? That is a horrible strategy.

I don't see Trump giving ground to Obama on anything. Name one thing that you think is important where Obama is taking the upper ground.

The point is, while Trump is off yelling about where Obama was born and how he got into college, he is allowing Obama to come across as a reasonable leader who brings the discussion back to the economy, jobs, spending etc...issues that actually matter in the upcoming election and people care about.

Trump may fire up some of the Republican base, but they didn't need firing up to begin with, and they are not the voters that Republicans need to court to beat Obama. If the perception is that Republicans are going to make the race about where Obama was born etc, then we are going to lose a lot of independents and swing democrats who easily could vote Republican this time based on Obama's performance on the economy, spending etc.

All Trump is doing is allowing Obama to portray the Republican field as out of touch and extreme, while he regains the lead on talk of the economy etc.

Trump is hurting Republicans in 2012.

Trump is hurting Republicans in 2012.

Big time... It was already going to be a rough primary season and now Trump is starting it all off by giving the Republican party two black eyes and a busted lip. These self inflicted wounds will not end there. Republicans are going to cannibalize each other to win the nomination while the Democrats and Media cheer them on from the sidelines - as they are now doing with Trump. Obama will emerge from all of it unscathed, possibly even stronger, and the Republican "winner" will already be beaten, bruised, and bloodied, making him a much easier target for the Obama campaign machine to steamroll.

If the Republicans make the same mistake of once again picking a Big Government Progressive as their nominee, I'll once again "waste" my vote on the Libertarian candidate and watch as the Republican candidate loses in another "landslide" to Obama.

Werbung:
Back