Information, Please... Is Bitcoin the new & improved Ponzi Scheme?

LittleGreenMan

I'm unclear on what the difference is between pretending to manage a portfolio of securities and pretending that Bitcoin is just like gold except it's mined out of thin air. Inasmuch as it will soon be tradable as an ETF exactly the same as gold ETFs which are backed by gold which has yet to be mined, is the new supply of pretend Bitcoins yet to be mined? How does one calculate how many will be mined in an economy that is shrinking? If Bitcoin can be produced as some rate which coincidentally corresponds to the demand, does that make it a commodity? If production continues in a period with a flat market shouldn't that further drive down the price?

If the price is only a matter of reflecting market demand what's the difference between it being worth nothing and pretending it's worth, -pick a number?

Please don't infer that I don't understand the process. I don't, -take it from there. Also, don't bother insinuating that I can't be informed because I'm too dumb, I'm pretty good at the 2+2 thingies and I understand the 2 x 0 thingies, too.

Werbung:
Back