Iraqi power grid nearing collapse

What substance is their to refute? Where did they get their statistics? Where is the proof? It's not there. You have to take the source's word for it, and the fact is, THEY'RE BIASED.

Bias is irrelavent to whether or not the statement is true.

Unless you have been there personally, two times; once to inventory cars before the war and again to inventory them recently, you have to accept the source's word for it.

The original source offers no "proof" that the report on the power grid is factual or not, you have to take their word unless you have been there personally and checked out the grid of the entire nation.

And unless you can prove that the story on the cars is untrue, "THEY'RE BIASED." doesn't cut it. Everyone is biased to one degree or another. Information is either true or it is not. Should I point out that your source is expressing their bias by titling the article in such a way as to give one the impression that the entire nation is about to be without power? Deep in the article, one learns that the individual provinces are about to disconnect the capital from the grid because it is a drain on thier systems. If they weren't biased, they would have reported that baghdad is suffering, but not necessarily the rest of the grid.

You might note early in your article that even they admit that increased demand is one of the prime factors and they offer no proof at all to suggest that sabotage is a more important factor than rising demand even though they print it first among the list of causes.

If you can't prove it untrue, accept it and stop your whining.

Werbung:
Palrider... Bah ha ha ha ha

The fact that electrical generation has not reached pre-war capacity has nothing to do with it. The fact that the high voltage lines leading to Baghdad have been sabataged doesn't matter either. This is all indications that the prosperity in Iraq is growing.

Read this and then tell me that it is prosperity that is causing the problem.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/01/africa/ME-GEN-Iraq-Black-Market-Power.php

Show me that statistics that generation capacity is past pre-war levels and that growing usage is the problem. Too bad your delusion can't be backed up by facts.

Notice hard driver that your article is speaking of baghdad just like truth bringer's article. Not the rest of the country. A city is having a hard time, not the country. You should read your own sources more carefully.

I guess you missed the first post of this thread:

"there had been four nationwide blackouts over the past two days. The shortages across the country are the worst since the summer of 2003"

"Karbala province south of Baghdad has been without power for three days"

"Najaf provincial spokesman Ahmed Deibel confirmed to The Associated Press Sunday that the gas turbine generator there had been removed from the national grid. He said the plant produced 50 megawatts while the province needed at least 200 megawatts. What we produce is not enough even for us."

Maybe you are the one who should be reading closer..

And I noticed you still have provided no sources for your claims.

Werbung:
I guess you missed the first post of this thread:

"there had been four nationwide blackouts over the past two days. The shortages across the country are the worst since the summer of 2003"

"Karbala province south of Baghdad has been without power for three days"

"Najaf provincial spokesman Ahmed Deibel confirmed to The Associated Press Sunday that the gas turbine generator there had been removed from the national grid. He said the plant produced 50 megawatts while the province needed at least 200 megawatts. What we produce is not enough even for us."

Maybe you are the one who should be reading closer..

And I noticed you still have provided no sources for your claims.

Again, by your own admission, you are talking about very localized problems. Not, by any stretch of the imagination a national crisis. And the problems that are being experienced are in large part due to prosperity and greater demand than existed when saddam was in power.

And I have given a source for my claim about additional cars. If you can disprove it, feel free. Every source that has been given with regard to the power grid has listed greater demand among the problems. My case is made, my points are proven. Good luck in disproving them.

Back