Is God Invisible?

Chip

Well, is God invisible?

Please explain your answer.

The true answer to this seemingly innocuous question is a revelation that could be of great value to many.

Werbung:
It depends who, or what you think is God. Some people believe God is the earth itself, or within the universe, imminent. Others believe he is a trancesdent being, totally above us in another dimension (I tried not to sound like some new age wierdo when I said that).

Personally, I don't have a clue what God is like, wether we can see him now or not. I think that until we die, we can only speculate and chat balls.

Can God be seen?

Is God Invisible?
Well, is God invisible?

The true answer to this seemingly innocuous question is a revelation that could be of great value to many.
If there is a God, logically she would not likely exist in a visible form inasmuch as her presents is not a manifestation limited to the earth. However, according to what is implied in the Bible, she could manifest herself in a visual image if she should choose to.

Note that I have refereed to God as being female. Contrary to the popular image of God being male, it is not likely so, because to be male requires testicles. Which begs the question: Why would God need testicles? At best, there is a 25% chance that God is female(male, female, neither, both).

I hope this whimsical answer is acceptable for your whimsical question.

Well, is God invisible?

Any meaningful answer I could give you would require you to define the term "God". Are you referring to the classical God "distant" or the more esoteric God "immanent"? It could also be that you are referring to the inclusive god who made the Universe out of its own substance--in which case anything you can see is "God".

Any meaningful answer I could give you would require you to define the term "God". Are you referring to the classical God "distant" or the more esoteric God "immanent"? It could also be that you are referring to the inclusive god who made the Universe out of its own substance--in which case anything you can see is "God".
God is God.

A definition of God is thusly irrelevant.

But your last guess is a good one.

Panentheistically speaking ... which is the only true speaking of God ... God is not invisible, and is composed of mass and energy -- God material -- just like we are.

It's just that God is so infinitely large, we only have, at best, a radio telescope's view of this tiny piece of God.

Nevertheless, our spiritual nature, that which we are as created from the mass and energy of our living cells so closely inter-relating, is truly invisible, and can only be experienced at the spiritual level ... just like the invisible spirit of God can be likewise experienced.

The next question is, of course: will God ever die.

God is God. A definition of God is thusly irrelevant.

The only fallacy I see in your post is the assumption that YOUR perception of God is the same as everyone else's. I suspect that God has a unique definition/perception to each person.

The only fallacy I see in your post is the assumption that YOUR perception of God is the same as everyone else's. I suspect that God has a unique definition/perception to each person.
No, God is God, regardless of how God is perceived.

The perceiver simply does not change reality by perceiving.

A tree is still a tree, and it is what it truly is, regardless of varying perceptions of observers.

And, I would also go "so far" as to state that we all perceive more alike one another than different ... once the perception filters of preconceived ideology and neuropsychological damage are removed.

Perception is irrelevant.

God remains God, regardless of the visual acuity and registration deficits of others.

The God of the Bible is a spiritual being and is invisible. Except when He appears before us as a person.

No, God is God, regardless of how God is perceived.

The perceiver simply does not change reality by perceiving.

A tree is still a tree, and it is what it truly is, regardless of varying perceptions of observers.

And, I would also go "so far" as to state that we all perceive more alike one another than different ... once the perception filters of preconceived ideology and neuropsychological damage are removed.

Perception is irrelevant.

God remains God, regardless of the visual acuity and registration deficits of others.

These are your opinions, I respect them as such, but respectfully say that YOU are not in a position to limit God in any way. Nor do you have the authority to tell all of us what God is like or what God does or will do.

Perhaps "perception" is the only relevant thing and that God manifests in direct response to what each person perceives. You can't know and neither can I, therefore I am not going to make some wildass pronouncement about what God is. You are leaning perilously close to the "god distant" viewpoint in this post, which if you recall you rejected in a previous post.

These are your opinions, I respect them as such, but respectfully say that YOU are not in a position to limit God in any way. Nor do you have the authority to tell all of us what God is like or what God does or will do.

Perhaps "perception" is the only relevant thing and that God manifests in direct response to what each person perceives. You can't know and neither can I, therefore I am not going to make some wildass pronouncement about what God is. You are leaning perilously close to the "god distant" viewpoint in this post, which if you recall you rejected in a previous post.
Irrelevant ... though interesting off-topic with regard to the question "is there anything that God cannot do?" to which I would reply "yes". Limitations exist even for God, or everything would exist infinitely and at once everywhere, and that is simply not the case.

Your agnosticism may be safe for you ... but it hinders your acceptance of absolute realities you find difficult, and for most that's usually with respect to past guilt.

But, back to the question: is God invisible, yes or no?

Irrelevant ... though interesting off-topic with regard to the question "is there anything that God cannot do?" to which I would reply "yes". Limitations exist even for God, or everything would exist infinitely and at once everywhere, and that is simply not the case.

Your agnosticism may be safe for you ... but it hinders your acceptance of absolute realities you find difficult, and for most that's usually with respect to past guilt.

But, back to the question: is God invisible, yes or no?

Well, first off I'm not an agnostic and secondly you are stating that God has limits based on your perceptions of the Universe. You aren't in a position to place limits on God and your (bolded) proof of God's limitations is semantically null--it says nothing. You don't know if everything exists everywhere all at once--all you have to go on is your perception, which may not translate into the Ultimate Truth in the Universe.

Werbung:
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who spent years contemplating the existence of dog?
:)

The neat thing about relatives ... is that thereby the dearly departed truly does have an afterlife for us to enjoy.

Back