Is It Just Me?

DavidP

The Government makes you have auto insurance, which I think we can all agree is probably a good idea, but they don't regulate how incredibly expensive it is or how repairs to cars aren't done right 95% of the time. Did you know that many insurance companies use after market parts to fix your car instead of OEM parts? Some of my local political leaders have let me know they want to do more about this. One even had it happen to him. Personally I think it’s nuts. If we are going to have laws that force us to pay outrageous fees for this insurance shouldn’t we have laws that protect us when we need that insurance? Take a look at this video I happen to find about a mother with twin baby girls and what her insurance company is doing to her. (http://www.claimsreporter.com/geico3) This is much more common than you might think.

Now I firmly believe in less government but in this case something needs to be done. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Werbung:
The Government makes you have auto insurance, which I think we can all agree is probably a good idea, but they don't regulate how incredibly expensive it is or how repairs to cars aren't done right 95% of the time. Did you know that many insurance companies use after market parts to fix your car instead of OEM parts? Some of my local political leaders have let me know they want to do more about this. One even had it happen to him. Personally I think it’s nuts. If we are going to have laws that force us to pay outrageous fees for this insurance shouldn’t we have laws that protect us when we need that insurance? Take a look at this video I happen to find about a mother with twin baby girls and what her insurance company is doing to her. (http://www.claimsreporter.com/geico3) This is much more common than you might think.

Now I firmly believe in less government but in this case something needs to be done. Am I the only one that feels this way?

The money you pay for auto insurance may seem exorbitant, but take a look at the potential benefits. I drive a car that is about five years old now and it's had more than its fair share of issues. I've had to have the fuel pump replaced, some of the engine's wiring redone, I've replaced all four tires, and I've had to have the emissions system overhauled, and that's all in the past year. I pay about $1200 in insurance every year. I paid around $1000 to have all that done. I would have paid in the range of $2500 to $3000 to get that work done if my insurance company hadn't helped out.

Seems like a great deal, right? I mean, according to those figures, I saved between two hundred and seven hundred dollars because of my insurance company. There's only one problem: this was a ****ty year for my car and having to have all that work done is not something that ought to happen again. If I have to spend $1000 per year on maintenance on top of $1200 for the insurance itself, I'm going to have to sell my car to pay for it after a few years because I don't make all that much money.

So yeah, I'd like to see my insurance premium go down. I don't want to see that which my insurance covers go down. Bottom line, I really just can't afford to drive, but not because my insurance is so high - because the cost of driving is so high. Don't blame the insurance companies.

It's not just you.

I also believe that something should be done as well.

it wont require more Government to change this it will require MORE active Citizens .......remember the government works for us

Walk. I gave you two legs for a reason... no wonder Americans are getting so big, they NEVER use them!

Werbung:
Back