Jessie Davis Arrested on Murder but will not get death penaty based on Race

Ohio mom's body found; boyfriend charged

CANTON, Ohio - A massive search ended in sadness Saturday when authorities announced they found a body believed to be a pregnant woman who vanished from her home a week earlier. A police officer believed to be the father of the unborn child was arrested on two counts of murder.

Jessie Davis, 26, who was due to deliver a baby girl on July 3, was reported missing after her mother found Davis' 2-year-old son home alone, bedroom furniture toppled and bleach spilled on the floor.

The boy gave investigators their first clues. "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug," the boy said.

Thousands of volunteers had searched for Davis over several days, while investigators continued to question Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, who is the father of Davis' son but is married to another woman.

Investigators were mum on many details of their work until they announced Cutts was taken into custody Saturday and was to be arraigned on charges of murder in the deaths of Davis and her unborn child.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070624/ap_on_re_us/missing_woman

Scott Peterson got Death penalty verdict on two counts of murder but Jessie Davis wont get the Death penalty on two counts of Murder and un born child. Could it because Jessie Davis is Black and not charged with the Hate Crime? If a white person kills a black person oh sure he will get the death penalty just like the white guys in Texas Killed a black man by dragging him by chains on his pick up truck and the jury gave him death penalty. Well Jessie Davis is Black he killed his fomer white pregnant girlfriend and unborn child Ill bet you he will get 20 years behind bars cause hes not white. Well Scott Person Killed his pregnant wife laci peterson with unborn child and he got death cause Hes white!! Its all about racism in american court system!

It depends on circumstance. You'll see more black people on death row than white people. Just go look, most of the info is availible online.

I don't know if they'll try him capitally or not. That depends on the evidence. Premeditation and extreme heinous action are usually the only reasonable criteria used for capital retort for a crime. If the murder occurred due to a quick moral err, then no capital punishment is not warranted under our law. If the state cannot prove that it was a premeditated act it simply can't fly.

You are using this as a perpetuation of racism yourself. Please reanalyse your approach.

Werbung:
From what I've heard on tv and read in the news, Cutts shouldn't have been on the police force in the first case. He has a history of domestic violence going back for years....

He put Jessie Davis' body where he hoped it would never be found. And what about all that Clorox all over her bedroom floor? He said her eyes just rolled back in her head and she was dead. The Clorox says otherwise!

From what I've heard on tv and read in the news, Cutts shouldn't have been on the police force in the first case. He has a history of domestic violence going back for years....

He put Jessie Davis' body where he hoped it would never be found. And what about all that Clorox all over her bedroom floor? He said her eyes just rolled back in her head and she was dead. The Clorox says otherwise!

I'm not speaking on this case specifically, just in accordance with the law. Trust me this. If they CAN get a capital murder case, THEY WILL. No ifs ands or buts. It's not a race card. Until we have all the details laid out for us to observe (no doubt via court tv for a 6 week trial extravaganza) we simply can't judge whether it is LAWFUL for us to administer executive justice.

I said before and will again, reading between the lines, there was a deal struck between Cutts, and the prosecutor that basically said; we know you did it, we have evidence(of some sort), tell us where the body is, and we wont go for the death penalty. Otherwise what incentive would he have to tell police where the body was?

That is likely the case. I didn't think about that aspect.. I was still in trial mode.

Im not sure you wont see much of a trial. The news story said he led police to the body. I believe he pled not guilty to start with, but it would be months before a trial would start and there is plenty of time for his lawyer to talk some sense into him and convince him pleading guilty is the wisest thing. I am not convinced the man has any remorse, but hopefully someone is talking to him about avoiding having the families go through that process as it is highly traumatic, and he still has a living son to think about.

Im not sure you wont see much of a trial. The news story said he led police to the body. I believe he pled not guilty to start with, but it would be months before a trial would start and there is plenty of time for his lawyer to talk some sense into him and convince him pleading guilty is the wisest thing. I am not convinced the man has any remorse, but hopefully someone is talking to him about avoiding having the families go through that process as it is highly traumatic, and he still has a living son to think about.

True, however I don't know. if the DA assured him no death penalty if he plead AND showed the location of the body, then trial will not occur since plea is set for stand if he wants the deal. We'll see once it all comes out. Either way he's gone I'm sure. Be it death or be it life in prison...

It depends on circumstance. You'll see more black people on death row than white people. Just go look, most of the info is availible online.

I don't know if they'll try him capitally or not. That depends on the evidence. Premeditation and extreme heinous action are usually the only reasonable criteria used for capital retort for a crime. If the murder occurred due to a quick moral err, then no capital punishment is not warranted under our law. If the state cannot prove that it was a premeditated act it simply can't fly.

You are using this as a perpetuation of racism yourself. Please reanalyse your approach.

You just watch what the District Attorney does.He`s gonna ask for life in Prison Just to get the BLACK VOTE!!! Just like that asshole guy in the Duke Rape case he was out to get RE-ELECTED by playing the Race card.

I think you fail to realize how the justice system works. If the prerequisites exist for a crime, and the evidence shows to garner a likely conviction they'll push it. I bet a paycheque that it goes as capital murder to the grand jury IF it fits the requisites of the law for 1st degree murder and capital punishment as per the statutes of the locality where the crime is jurisdictional. Whether it makes it to trial with that, who knows. DAs look out for stuff like that because letting someone go on lesser chargers than are warranted is a real ass kicker in the elections. It's quite reverse what you think.

Werbung:
I think you fail to realize how the justice system works. If the prerequisites exist for a crime, and the evidence shows to garner a likely conviction they'll push it. I bet a paycheque that it goes as capital murder to the grand jury IF it fits the requisites of the law for 1st degree murder and capital punishment as per the statutes of the locality where the crime is jurisdictional. Whether it makes it to trial with that, who knows. DAs look out for stuff like that because letting someone go on lesser chargers than are warranted is a real ass kicker in the elections. It's quite reverse what you think.

Well Scott Peterson got the Death Penalty even the San Fran District Attorney pushed for it because the women of san fran want him to die! Remember Women make up the votes in San Fran even the queers hold the votes too in San Fran.

Back