Jews Who Sought Revenge

While I agree with Numinus (shock!) in terms of combating his arguments and showing him to be an idiot, I think Lasher was not really a fascist but a simple troll trying to stir things up with hate speech that may or may not have reflected his real political or social views. There was no depth there.

Werbung:
OK then, by the same logic, lets have no rules on the forum, because it would be facist to do so. Sound appealing?

Being prohibited to express one's view - however stupid a view, however incompetent such a view was presented, however irritating it seems - is a far worse situation than stupidity itself.

I have stated my vehement disagreement with lasher's views. I have chastised him in the harshest possible way. HOWEVER, the people who had him banned in this forum, in my opinion, committed a far worse crime than stupidity. It was an inexcusable abuse of discretion.

Yet you said it was too bad that you couldn't ban incompetent and ignorant people. I'm pretty sure you said that.

*scrolls back

Yup. You did.

Anyway, I don't want to argue over this with you. I know damned well you weren't trying to suggest Lasher was anything other than the bonehead he obviously was. I know you disliked him as much as the rest of us. I was just giving you crap is all, for all the times you deliberately misconstrued and insulted my friend Mare.

I have no objections with the results, the only way I would have done it differently is that his official bannable offense should have been the incitement to violence and hate speech that I mentioned the first time around. Using Jew as an insult for some reason pisses me off more than faggot, but wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff he said. I admit I wanted him banned, and I was glad when he lost it and started raving.

I've run into this dude before, and I don't think he's acting. Even if it isn't the guy I think it is, it might was well be. If he is acting, he's still asshole enough to be banned, IMO. The kind of filth he was spouting is poisonous, no matter whether you buy into it or not. And if we were to allow it to go on unchecked, some people might start to think it's OK to think that way.

OK then, by the same logic, lets have no rules on the forum, because it would be facist to do so. Sound appealing?

In what logical calculation do you suppose this follows from what I am saying, eh?

Do you presume to save the rest of us (including the non-members who happen to visit this site) from the absurdities of morons? Or do you doubt our ability to discern crap so much so that you would exercise this logical function for us?

Yet you said it was too bad that you couldn't ban incompetent and ignorant people. I'm pretty sure you said that.

*scrolls back

Yup. You did.

Correct. That is what I said. And if you would scroll back even further, I have ALWAYS argued that ethical and rational rules must NEVER be subverted on the basis of convenience.

That, imo, is the difference between you and me. You fashion your arguments according to your personal sentiment without regard for intellectual consistency.

Anyway, I don't want to argue over this with you. I know damned well you weren't trying to suggest Lasher was anything other than the bonehead he obviously was. I know you disliked him as much as the rest of us. I was just giving you crap is all, for all the times you deliberately misconstrued and insulted my friend Mare.

Liking a person doesn't make him any less of a bonehead. I admit, I have friends who are boneheads themselves. Friendship with boneheads can be a little trying, but not absolutely impossible.

And while I have nothing personal against mare (well maybe I was a little indignant when he called me a bigot), I found the region between his ears composed of impenetrable calcium - absolutely nothing but bone. I found his reference to quantum foam and electro-magnetic dynamics particularly stupid. Not only was the information totally irrelevant, he couldn't even discuss the very topic he provided.

I have no objections with the results, the only way I would have done it differently is that his official bannable offense should have been the incitement to violence and hate speech that I mentioned the first time around. Using Jew as an insult for some reason pisses me off more than faggot, but wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff he said. I admit I wanted him banned, and I was glad when he lost it and started raving.

I've run into this dude before, and I don't think he's acting. Even if it isn't the guy I think it is, it might was well be. If he is acting, he's still asshole enough to be banned, IMO. The kind of filth he was spouting is poisonous, no matter whether you buy into it or not. And if we were to allow it to go on unchecked, some people might start to think it's OK to think that way.

Is that the extent of your logical faculty? Is it that puny it cannot even withstand the simple heckling of a moron?

Personally, I prefer to argue the more unpopular position in a thread. And if I argued the position hard enough, that would perhaps get me banned as well.

I find this notion childishly funny.

Personally, I prefer to argue the more unpopular position in a thread.

And that is the difference between you and me. I prefer to argue the position that I actually endorse.

And you're still being an ass because you know damned well that Mare is a 'she' and would prefer to be referred to as such.

And that is the difference between you and me. I prefer to argue the position that I actually endorse.

What makes you think I do not endorse my own arguments, eh? Is it not within the realm of possibility, by your miniscule logical thinking, that I do not bother to argue my beliefs when they are popular, hmmm?

It is such a chore talking with intellectual novices.

And you're still being an ass because you know damned well that Mare is a 'she' and would prefer to be referred to as such.

I honestly don't know mare is a she. I just assumed her gender, which she never bothered to correct.

I honestly don't know mare is a she. I just assumed her gender, which she never bothered to correct.

You're telling me that you and Mare have been going at it like a couple of crazed cats in heat for five months in that homosexuality thread and you had no idea she was MTF transsexual?

I don't think you've been paying attention.

You're telling me that you and Mare have been going at it like a couple of crazed cats in heat for five months in that homosexuality thread and you had no idea she was MTF transsexual?

Correct. Now that you mention it, some of the things she said suddenly make sense - not that it is correct, btw.

I don't think you've been paying attention.

Correct. I don't usually bother with posts that isn't addressed to me.

numinus,

Correct. I don't usually bother with posts that isn't addressed to me.

I don't believe you, or else why are you so concerned with what happens to Lasher? You have responded to plenty of posts that weren't addressed to you.

-Segep

numinus,

I don't believe you,

You don't believe me? I'm crushed!

Whatever else you are inclined to believe, I find no reason for me to lie, especially about this.

or else why are you so concerned with what happens to Lasher?

Isn't banishment of a member the concern of all members?

You have responded to plenty of posts that weren't addressed to you.

-Segep

How am I supposed to jump in a thread I am particularly interested, then?

Werbung:
You don't believe me? I'm crushed!

Whatever else you are inclined to believe, I find no reason for me to lie, especially about this.

Isn't banishment of a member the concern of all members?

How am I supposed to jump in a thread I am particularly interested, then?

were you emotionally involved with the banned person or something?
or you just think it's right to defend the jew-hater in the name of freedom of speech.
there is no such thing as freedom of speech btw.

Back