Josef Stalin: Most Prolific Mass Murderer In History

Werbung:
Sometimes we read too much into single events, I don't think Stalin was devious enough to do some of the things claimed nor clever enough to do others.

I would just give up on this topic if I were you - it's clear you know NOTHING. Stalin is RENOWNED as one of the great machiavellian leaders of all time, as anybody who rose to his position in his times would HAVE TO be.

Really, no kidding, find a simpler topic to discusss.

I would just give up on this topic if I were you - it's clear you know NOTHING. Stalin is RENOWNED as one of the great machiavellian leaders of all time, as anybody who rose to his position in his times would HAVE TO be.

Really, no kidding, find a simpler topic to discusss.
Machiavellian? No he was just ruthless and that has it's own competence, fear is a great motivator. Lincoln was Machiavellian, FDR, Ghandi, Mao, and Ho Chi Minh also. Stalin got caught penis in hand when Hitler attacked, drove his nation to poverty with failed programs and died loveless and hated by those around him. He had no great legacy but fear and dispair. Recent attempts to justify and rewrite his history are just dissident fools out of touch with the reality of those times longing for a greatness he did not create, but stole from a brave people. Any good, any positive event or time during his reign is a result of the ingenuity and resourcefulness of the Russian people, certainly nothing to do with him. I say this because I replayed the battles they fought on giant hexigon boards using accurate playing pieces during my stint in ROTC in the 70's, those guys had huevos.

Oh, and Rick, my education in WWII far exceeds yours, you read a topic and glam on to the first blurb written on it. There are many views and many disections of events, sometimes the actual answer is none of the above but all. Might I suggest a rather stimulating board game, if still avail. called "Kursk", Avalon Hill used to make it I think. Get good at that and move up to a "Strategy and Tactics" version, you will need an 8'X8' floor to play it properly as it goes down the the individual units.

Werbung:
Back