Kosovo honors Bill Clinton with statue

Don't even get me started on Reagan. He was a good talker and made you feel good, but when you really analyze his presidency it was mostly hype. He quadrupled the deficit, started the degregulation fiasco, and most tragically of all showed Bin Laden we were vunerable when he cut and run in Lebanon after the marine barracks were hit. Bin Laden has specifically been quoted as saying it opened his eyes to the possibilities of hitting the west.

Yep Reagan really sucked. He ended the USSR (condolences to liberals everywhere for this terrible injustice) and he re-started the American economy after the wonderful years of the anti-Semite peanut farmer that continued up until the end of Master of BJs second term. Oh how I wish for another Great Depression to end this awful unjust capitalist system.

If only that great guy Hinkley had a better aim. If only...:(

Werbung:
Yep Reagan really sucked. He ended the USSR (

Oh really now? :p So the fact that the USSR bled itself to death in the cold war arms race years before Reagan even came on the scene (he was still making commercials for 20 Muleteam Borax) had nothing to do with their fall, and the fact that their system of government was eventually doomed to fail? The fact that Reagan was president and made some nice speeches when this occurred does not make him responsible. Come on now. The fall of the Soviet Union was going to happen eventually. Reagan was just the lucky sheet that was in office then and took credit. (Just like he did the return of the American hostages in Iran).

(condolences to liberals everywhere for this terrible injustice) and he re-started the American economy after the wonderful years of the anti-Semite peanut farmer that continued up until the end of Master of BJs second term. Oh how I wish for another Great Depression to end this awful unjust capitalist system. If only that great guy Hinkley had a better aim. If only...:
(

No condolences needed. More revisionist history there my friend. I know you really liked Reagan but you don't have to let it warp your sense of history.

I think most intelligent people know that presidents and administrations take credit for a good economy, and the ones that are unlucky enough to be in term when the economy sucks get the blame. Ask Obama. Never mind the economy goes in cycles and recovers quite slowly, so the guy who actually got the blame for a bad economy may have actually set forward steps for the improvement in subsequent administration. It's called the real world, not the teary eyed lament for a guy that was too large for real life.

Oh you so wish you had another Reagan to pretend the GOP is back. :p

That sounds so much more like obama than any other president I can think of.

You may be on to something there. Obama is a good communicator and inspires his base just like Reagan did.

Don't get me wrong. Reagan had some outstanding qualities I admired. I love some of his quotes.

My favorite is:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

I do like his stand on smaller government. I wish the GOP of today could even remember that.

You may be on to something there. Obama is a good communicator and inspires his base just like Reagan did.

Don't get me wrong. Reagan had some outstanding qualities I admired. I love some of his quotes.

My favorite is:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

I do like his stand on smaller government. I wish the GOP of today could even remember that.

I agree with everything you said.

Oh really now? :p So the fact that the USSR bled itself to death in the cold war arms race years before Reagan even came on the scene (he was still making commercials for 20 Muleteam Borax) had nothing to do with their fall, and the fact that their system of government was eventually doomed to fail? The fact that Reagan was president and made some nice speeches when this occurred does not make him responsible. Come on now. The fall of the Soviet Union was going to happen eventually. Reagan was just the lucky sheet that was in office then and took credit. (Just like he did the return of the American hostages in Iran).

No condolences needed. More revisionist history there my friend. I know you really liked Reagan but you don't have to let it warp your sense of history.

I think most intelligent people know that presidents and administrations take credit for a good economy, and the ones that are unlucky enough to be in term when the economy sucks get the blame. Ask Obama. Never mind the economy goes in cycles and recovers quite slowly, so the guy who actually got the blame for a bad economy may have actually set forward steps for the improvement in subsequent administration. It's called the real world, not the teary eyed lament for a guy that was too large for real life.

Oh you so wish you had another Reagan to pretend the GOP is back. :p

Lets say the anti-Semite got re-elected rather than Reagan (a dream liberals have held since 1980) and that Ronnie never made it to the WH. There is no way the USSR comes apart. The Dems wanted to cut Defense in a big way back then as they do today. The USSR only died because Reagan forced them into an arms race they could not afford and bleed them in that **** hole we are in now - Afghanistan. It is truly sad that Americans like you exist. A truly great president is demeaned by ignorance.

Lets say the anti-Semite got re-elected rather than Reagan (a dream liberals have held since 1980) and that Ronnie never made it to the WH. There is no way the USSR comes apart. The Dems wanted to cut Defense in a big way back then as they do today. The USSR only died because Reagan forced them into an arms race they could not afford and bleed them in that **** hole we are in now - Afghanistan. It is truly sad that Americans like you exist. A truly great president is demeaned by ignorance.

:D:The Soviet Union was forced into an arms race by Reagan? I'm sorry but that's pretty funny. He may have helped, but that arms race (the cold war) started a long time ago. Why do you keep ignoring that?

The USSR only died because Reagan forced them into an arms race they could not afford and bleed them in that **** hole we are in now - Afghanistan.

"There you go again"... :p (Sorry but that's another one of my favorite Reagan quotes) It was the Carter Administration in 1979 whom decided to intervene initially in Afghanistan. Carter was so upset with the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan he boycotted the Olympic games remember? Oh sure Reagan kept the tradition but I notice you didn't mention Carter.

My you are quite the revisionist. Hey if makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about Reagan... But personally I prefer the facts. :D

:D:The Soviet Union was forced into an arms race by Reagan? I'm sorry but that's pretty funny. He may have helped, but that arms race (the cold war) started a long time ago. Why do you keep ignoring that?

"There you go again"... :p (Sorry but that's another one of my favorite Reagan quotes) It was the Carter Administration in 1979 whom decided to intervene initially in Afghanistan. Carter was so upset with the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan he boycotted the Olympic games remember? Oh sure Reagan kept the tradition but I notice you didn't mention Carter.

My you are quite the revisionist. Hey if makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about Reagan... But personally I prefer the facts. :D

Stop, if you attack the Reagan with facts, it will grow and die....you must keep feeding it hype , lies, myths, and other such things...otherwise the warm glow of the Reagen will be lost...

Things like, he was tough on terrorism....by Pulling our troops out of Lebanon when they attacked and killed our troops....that showed them, don't mess with the US, or we will Run!

He made the USSR fall....so long as you ignore that Afghanistan started under Carter, The Funding to increase it came from Charlie Wilson's work ( D), and that it was men and woman from Afghanistan that did the work and sacrifice...Or that it was the Pope going to Poland, who helped the Solidarity Moment...or that the Wall itself fell over a miscommunication and the USSR no longer willing fight to keep its satellite states in power...No it was all him because he said to tear down the wall so they did! its that simple ...also lets ignore the years befor where other leaders stood up to the commies as well.

I almost forgot he was real hard on Iran over them supporting the death of out troops in Lebanon...you know with the way he gave them guns.

And he was a true Conservative ( and he ran up a debt like one to)

Stop, if you attack the Reagan with facts, it will grow and die....you must keep feeding it hype , lies, myths, and other such things...otherwise the warm glow of the Reagen will be lost...

Things like, he was tough on terrorism....by Pulling our troops out of Lebanon when they attacked and killed our troops....that showed them, don't mess with the US, or we will Run!

He made the USSR fall....so long as you ignore that Afghanistan started under Carter, The Funding to increase it came from Charlie Wilson's work ( D), and that it was men and woman from Afghanistan that did the work and sacrifice...Or that it was the Pope going to Poland, who helped the Solidarity Moment...or that the Wall itself fell over a miscommunication and the USSR no longer willing fight to keep its satellite states in power...No it was all him because he said to tear down the wall so they did! its that simple ...also lets ignore the years befor where other leaders stood up to the commies as well.

I almost forgot he was real hard on Iran over them supporting the death of out troops in Lebanon...you know with the way he gave them guns.

Thank you for saying more succinctly what I tried to do. The silence is deafening is it not? :)

You mean the Right doesn't accurately portray their leaders! I'M SHOCKED!!!:eek:

Oh wait... no I'm not...:D

Werbung:
You mean the Right doesn't accurately portray their leaders! I'M SHOCKED!!!:eek:

Oh wait... no I'm not...:D

Of course, the right doesn't portray their leaders accurately. Reagan is a great example. No one is as conservative as our memory of Reagan, not even Reagan himself.

But, then, neither does the left, so both sides are even.

If you look at both leaders objectively, there are more similarities than differences between Reagan and Obama.

Back