Layoffs beginning, now that employers know Obamacare taxes won't be cancelled

Just a little point you may have forgotten: an overwhelming numbers of people who lost a limb (or more) are our SOLDIERS. And, they will be covered for life and receive their prosthetic for free.

And so they should!

As a man with 15 friends on the Viet Nam Wall in Washington--I don't need you to lecture me about veterans.

I will entertain any comments you want on Flanders Field--more up your alley.

Werbung:
Just a little point you may have forgotten: an overwhelming numbers of people who lost a limb (or more) are our SOLDIERS. And, they will be covered for life and receive their prosthetic for free.

And so they should!
Yes, they should. If war costs an arm and a leg figuratively, then we have a right to complain about the cost of war. When it costs an arm and a leg literally, we have no cause to complain about the price of replacing those arms and legs as best we can for those who sacrificed the most.

Business Insider published a list of taxes coming up under Obamacare earlier this year.

Link.

Thank you for that link. I wish it hadn't been biased though, because what too many people will remember is that it taxes "poor" people, when it DOESN'T

In fact ALL those taxes are targeted to income above $250,000. . .and that's the way it should be.

You don't like that there is a cap on how much money you can put aside, tax free, in a Health care account? Well, that part is just going back to the way it was in the 90's. . .and it didn't seem to pose a problem then, right?

You do not like that you may not be able to use your health care account to purchase your diet pills or your q-tips at CVS? BIG DEAL! If you REALLY need medication, now that you will have insurance, you can afford to get REAL AND EFFECTIVE medication that is prescribe by a doctor for a specific ailment. . . not a generic "placebo" tablet! And if you really think you can't afford to pay for your aspirins without digging into your tax free health care fund. . .maybe you should rethink the way you live, or you may be taking too many aspirins!

Yes, they should. If war costs an arm and a leg figuratively, then we have a right to complain about the cost of war. When it costs an arm and a leg literally, we have no cause to complain about the price of replacing those arms and legs as best we can for those who sacrificed the most.

I agree with the basic intent of your comment. I also believe that men who suffered in wars, even unnecessary wars (maybe even MORE if it was an unnecessary war!) should be taken care off to the full extent of medical technology.
However, I think it is PRECISELY when wars LITERALLY cost arms and legs (and minds, and families, and lives through suicides) that we SHOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COST OF WARS. . . ESPECIALLY UNNECESSARY WARS!

Thank you for that link. I wish it hadn't been biased though, because what too many people will remember is that it taxes "poor" people, when it DOESN'T

In fact ALL those taxes are targeted to income above $250,000. . .and that's the way it should be.

You don't like that there is a cap on how much money you can put aside, tax free, in a Health care account? Well, that part is just going back to the way it was in the 90's. . .and it didn't seem to pose a problem then, right?

You do not like that you may not be able to use your health care account to purchase your diet pills or your q-tips at CVS? BIG DEAL! If you REALLY need medication, now that you will have insurance, you can afford to get REAL AND EFFECTIVE medication that is prescribe by a doctor for a specific ailment. . . not a generic "placebo" tablet! And if you really think you can't afford to pay for your aspirins without digging into your tax free health care fund. . .maybe you should rethink the way you live, or you may be taking too many aspirins!

Come on -- its a loophole I don't want closed. ;)

We are going to see a whole lot more of that. Boeing and Lockheed just issued layoff notices yesterday.
The next four years are going to be a joy to behold.

That is WONDERFUL! That means that the Defense industry realizes that their plot of starting new wars so they can sell their equipment to the US Government is not going to work under President Obama!
Now. . .if they are smart, they will switch their focus to making "peace time" technology. . maybe high speed trains, safer planes, and even look into developing clean energy systems?

I am certain that their employees (at least those who are not part of the military mafia) can be trained to work into those new POSITIVE avenues for our Country.

Does anyone know what this person is talking about?

You. . . and most people here (not all).

And turkey. . .ignorant, trustful turkeys. . .looking forward to Christmas. . .not knowing there won't be any gifts for them under the tree, but that they will be the "piece of resistance" on the dinner table!

Sounds familiar?

Do you need a picture? :D;)

Come on -- its a loophole I don't want closed. ;)

Neither would I! But don't tell me there hasn't been excess in that loop hole!

Why should you and I pay for your wife's friends' face lift?
Why should we pay for tanning salon. . .later they will tell us we have to pay to treat the melanoma that is directly related to those visits at the tanning salon?
Why should we pay for that woman with anorexia over the counter diet pills?

You may be too young, but the "health care tax free expense account" hasn't always existed. . .and it started with a limit of $2,000 I believe. Honestly... how much more than 7.5 % of her income does a healthy person spend (outside his/her insurance premiums of course) in co-payments and prescription drugs?

Medical Care for Vets have nothing to do with ObamaCare. Forgetting the usually government screw ups, our vets, including Vietnam Vets get good medical care. As a financially successful Vietnam Vet, I always wonder why Medical Care is free for vets for their whole life, even if it is not related to a war injury. That is very generous - if not too generous.

Medical Care for Vets have nothing to do with ObamaCare. Forgetting the usually government screw ups, our vets, including Vietnam Vets get good medical care. As a financially successful Vietnam Vet, I always wonder why Medical Care is free for vets for their whole life, even if it is not related to a war injury. That is very generous - if not too generous.

I agree. I think that any vet who has served in WARS should be covered. But I don't see why someone who spent his 20 years sitting behind a desk in Washington or in Fort Gordon in peace time should be covered more than anyone else.
In the other hand, I think the ability to suscribe to such a program as Medicare SHOULD be open to ANYONE. . .not forced on them, just the option of selecting it as opposed to a private insurance.
THAT kind of competition would break the private insurance industry oligopoly which is the "nicer term" for what really amount to price fixing. . .which of course would be illegal, as are monopolies!
And, I bet it would allow medicare to become revenue independent, because it would allow for a much greater pool of people covered (which decrease risks) and also because younger, healthier people being added to the current "elderly, high medical need" population would make the average spending per capita covered MUCH lower. So everyone would benefit from that. . .except the stock holders in private insurance!

Just in case some of you are not familiar with the term, here is a simple explanation:
Oligopolistic competition can give rise to a wide range of different outcomes. In some situations, the firms may employ restrictive trade practices (collusion, market sharing etc.) to raise prices and restrict production in much the same way as a monopoly. Where there is a formal agreement for such collusion, this is known as a cartel. A primary example of such a cartel is OPEC which has a profound influence on the international price of oil.

Does anyone have a any doubt that our system of health care insurance is a license to screw people?
Every Republican praises "private insurances' and thinks government health care is horrible and inefficient! REALLY?

Look at this. Let's say that most of us pay an average of $600 a month in private health care insurance (that includes employer's contribution). And that is for people who have no pre-existing conditions, are between the age of let's say 5 and 60, and have no major health problem. . .and, due to age, are probably not likely to have major health problems for years.

The government insurance (Medicare and Medicaid. . .and veteran care) deals MOSTLY among the most medically fragile population: the elderly, premature babies, pregnant women, people with disabilities, injured veterans). Yet, Medicare costs about $55 a month!

Now, guys. . .which do you think is the most efficient? The industry that asks $600 a month to cover mostly "healthy" population?
Or the government insurance that charges $55 a month to cover the most "medically at risk" population?

Another example:
My husband is 73, and therefore has been on Medicare for 8 years. We are very fortunate that we are able to afford the "cadillac" plan in supplemental insurance (because medicare, as most private insurances, has a 20% co-payment, which we don't want to be liable for, so we decided to pay for supplemental insurance).

Over the last 5 years, my husband has had 4 surgeries, 3 major ones, one minor foot surgery. The total cost of all those surgery and hospitalization was approximately $100,000 dollars.

Medicare covered those surgery at 80%, so, they paid $80,000 and we paid Medicare $55 a month for 5 years which comes to $3,300 for the 5 years
We kept a "supplemental insurance (with Blue Cross/Blue Shield) that paid ALL the co-payments (or $20,000 over the 5 years), because we paid them $195 a month during that time (for a total of $11,700 over the 5 years).

Now. . .I am asking ANYONE who has the vaguest idea about economics principle to assess which investment was more efficient and more profitable for US?
Which investment would you logically make?
Invest $3,300 and get a return of $80,000 (as we did with Medicare)
OR
Invest $11,700 and get a return of $20,000 (as we did with Blue Cross/Blue shield)

Now. . .let us realize that BOTH investments were positive, and that we did make money on both investment (we got more back than what we invested). . .but, come on people. . .it doesn't take a genius to realize that Medicare was a MUCH better bet than Private insurance!

What say you? Do you REALLY want the "government out of your Medicare" like the tea party does?

What tax is imposed on business by Obomnycare?

It's not really called a tax but a fine and could amount to $3000 per employee, if an employer has over 50 employees.

Something else I just heard today, was that during the storm and the election, that the Obama Admin managed someway to push through some type of public option. I'll try and find a link, but the way I understand it, is that along with the states' exchange of insurance companies, the government will now have their own exchange to compete with them. Not sure how this is going to work or affect the insurance companies, probably put them out of business eventually, so if you own any stock in insurance companies you might want to check it out.

It's not really called a tax but a fine and could amount to $3000 per employee, if an employer has over 50 employees.

Something else I just heard today, was that during the storm and the election, that the Obama Admin managed someway to push through some type of public option. I'll try and find a link, but the way I understand it, is that along with the states' exchange of insurance companies, the government will now have their own exchange to compete with them. Not sure how this is going to work or affect the insurance companies, probably put them out of business eventually, so if you own any stock in insurance companies you might want to check it out.

there was always to be a public option, that was part of the half a trillion BO got up front. and you know perfectly well how it will work : )

and a word of warning to those who find privacy important, you have to specifically opt out of medical records being given to the government. may want to speak with your doctors and insurance companies.

well, unless you trust the government. but nobody is that foolish. right ?

Well, Medicare Part A is free. You pay nothing for the part which you use in the hospital. Medicare Part B is $140 per month out of your SS check. Part B is the part which pays for doctor's visits. But anybody can opt out of Part B. I told them I have Vets Medical Care. So I don't pay anything for Medicare.

Now your computations should include say a 20 year cycle. For example, say I don't pay for any health insurance for 20 years. Then, you have a disastrous year with all those operations. If the cost was $80,000, that is equal to paying $220 per month into a health savings account (tax free). In that case, you are better off being self insured - you don't need an insurance company or Part B.

Werbung:
What is the public option and who is going to pay for administering it? Is it what we already have had called Medicaid? And what happens to Medicaid? Is Medicare also going over to the public option?

Back