Let's bash Bush again

Dr.Who

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies . . . Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Said of George Bush when he wanted to raise the debt ceiling.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...al_feint_5URbEBWpinEwDnKOdI3y6N#ixzz1JGnYWsWy

Werbung:
so we're clear, said by b obama

Yes, but putting the statement out there was just letting out the rope. You could have waited until someone hung himself/herself with it before you spilled the beans.:)

I would add that since the WH has officially stated that O was wrong when he first made the statement it is more difficult to chalk this up to hypocricy.

TO me, this means that both parties will always scream about the debt ceiling more because they want to choke the other guys funds than because they are serious about the debt. In fact, right now few pubs seem serios and most are probably only considering it because the Tea Party is so strongly for reducing debt.

Does anyone not believe that, ".. raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies . . . Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."?

I couldn't have said it better myself. What excuse can anyone have to carry a budget deficit or an national debt? My 6-year-old son has a better grasp of money than that!!

Werbung:
Does anyone not believe that, ".. raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies . . . Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."?

I couldn't have said it better myself. What excuse can anyone have to carry a budget deficit or an national debt? My 6-year-old son has a better grasp of money than that!!

It was true when Senator Obama said it in '06 about Bush's spending and it is true today.

Back