Lib Translation Please

chestnut

US Constitution- On the President of the united states.

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Did Obama not get the memo or is there a problem with his understanding of the English language.

1st Ammendment
2nd Ammendment

He's against both of those. Why isn't he defending them?

I'm sure there's more but I won't press. I just want one of the libs on the forum explain to me how Obama is living up to this one article by the showing of his current actions and stated views.

Anyone?

Werbung:
the article is very clear. It doesn't give the president the right to "read" into what they feel about what the constitution says.

It says 'defend'. Not decided if it is negative laws or not. since when is it up to the president to change the meaning of the constituion anyway?

the article is very clear. It doesn't give the president the right to "read" into what they feel about what the constitution says.

It says 'defend'. Not decided if it is negative laws or not. since when is it up to the president to change the meaning of the constituion anyway?

Well I agree with you but presidents have done this same thing over history.

We used to have a fairness doctorin right? Some president let that happen and Reagan took it away…

Washington DC had a hand gun ban for how long?

Giving abortions out like crazy even to the 9th month and refusing medical for babies
Who survived abortions…

The right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness

How long before women could vote or black people
And the whole slavery thing... all that was backed by various presidents and is directly against our constitution

Ugh you just made me defend obama,

I might not be able to forgive you for that!!!

;)

Well I agree with you but presidents have done this same thing over history.

We used to have a fairness doctorin right? Some president let that happen and Reagan took it away…

Washington DC had a hand gun ban for how long?

Giving abortions out like crazy even to the 9th month and refusing medical for babies
Who survived abortions…

The right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness

How long before women could vote or black people
And the whole slavery thing... all that was backed by various presidents and is directly against our constitution

Ugh you just made me defend obama,

I might not be able to forgive you for that!!!

;)

While I am certainly not here to support Obama either, in fairness "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" is not found in the Constitution. It comes from the Declaration of Independence. This is not law, it is simply a declaration.

Yes that's right. But you see.. that was my evil plan all along. LOL

But you see, you didn't defend Obama. you defended the constitution. that was my point. presidents - all of them - should defend the constitution.

It's just that our current one is the hot seat right now because it's his turn.

Yes that's right. But you see.. that was my evil plan all along. LOL

But you see, you didn't defend Obama. you defended the constitution. that was my point. presidents - all of them - should defend the constitution.

It's just that our current one is the hot seat right now because it's his turn.

yeah he is in the hot seat and I like him by far least of all presidents
even jimmy carter

As I recall, the last President we had only paid attention to the Constitution when it served his immediate needs. Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness never seems to matter to the Right side of the aisle, either.

As I recall, the last President we had only paid attention to the Constitution when it served his immediate needs. Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness never seems to matter to the Right side of the aisle, either.

I would hope your argument is not that Bush violated the Constitution by going against "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

I don't agree with any president of politician that is corrupt and does not want to obey the laws of the constitution.

They can all jump off a cliff.

America only got to be the great nation it is because of the core principles in the constitution.

The only way she will regain the greatnes she had is by applying those same core principles.

Not by changing them or restructuring the country

Werbung:
Back