It's kool to use the hussein name now!!!

XCALIDEM

President elect Barack Hussein Obama will be sworn in as the 44th president of the United States using his middle name. Really?

It seems that it was not too long ago when one would be called racist for using calling his middle name....

More hypocrisy coming from this guy....:mad:

President-elect Barack Obama says he plans to use all three of his names when he takes the oath of office in January, giving voice to a name that was was rarely used during the campaign except by critics.

In his first post-election newspaper interview, with reporters from the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times, Obama was asked: “Do you anticipate being sworn in as Barack Obama or Barack Hussein Obama?"

He replied: “I think the tradition is that they use all three names, and I will follow the tradition, not trying to make a statement one way or the other. I'll do what everybody else does.”

In fact, all presidents have not used their middle names when taking the oath of office. Jimmy Carter famously went as “Jimmy Carter.” Ronald Wilson Reagan took the oath as simply “Ronald Reagan.”

Harry Truman, of course, didn’t have a middle name — just an initial that didn’t stand for anything — and was sworn in as “Harry S. Truman.” (We've gotten a lot of e-mail about the period after the 'S.' Despite the urban myth to the contrary, the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum says Truman put a period in his signature and posts a photo to prove it.)

Dwight D. Eisenhower and Gerald R. Ford took the oath using their middle initials.

The last three presidents have used their middle names: George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton and George Walker Bush. So did Franklin Delano Roosevelt and John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Lyndon Baines Johnson, in the hasty ceremony aboard Air Force One, went nameless — prompted to say only, “I do solemnly swear.”

The insertion of the name is a tradition not specified in the U.S. Constitution, which directs about the president in Article II: “Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—‘I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’”

Obama’s middle name was largely taboo during the campaign, and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) apologized when it was used by Bill Cunningham, a talk-radio host who was introducing McCain at a rally in Cincinnati.

The Associated Press reported at the time, “Asked whether the use of Obama's middle name — the same as former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein — is proper, McCain said: ‘No, it is not. Any comment that is disparaging of either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama is totally inappropriate.’”

Here is a transcript of Obama’s interview with the two newspapers, which have a joint Washington bureau

BTW: Ronald Wilson Reagan was not sworn in using his middle name....
Nor was: James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr.
He (Obama) just wants to rub it in people's faces...

Werbung:
I think that as the worst president in history prepares for his walk of shame from the Whitehouse Obama's middle name is kind of irrelevant.

Bush arrived in shame and is leaving in greater shame.

Shame the US allowed him to 'win' the 2000 election in the same way that Robert Mugabe has just 'won' his recent election.

Using Obama's middle name in a derogatory way to suggest connotations of terrorism is racist.

Using it because, well, its HIS middle name carries no hypocrisy.

President elect Barack Hussein Obama will be sworn in as the 44th president of the United States using his middle name. Really?

It seems that it was not too long ago when one would be called racist for using calling his middle name....

So...what you're saying is.....the (typical, "conservative") scare-tactic of using his middle-name, so often....has gotten "conservatives" nowhere....actually, blown-up in your faces....and, you wanna blame Obama for the failure of your Jr.-High-tactics.

Yeah.....that makes sense.

:rolleyes:

This issue is nothing but a red herring. Same as the guy who took the oath of office by swearing on the Koran. I have taken virtually the same oath of office as the President does for my City Council positions. It is interesting to note that I did not use my middle name, nor did I use my official name Christopher.

I put my hand and swore on the only document that matters when it comes to the position I held, the local city code book. Personally I would much rather American politicans put aside this concept of swearing in on a religious text, and instead put thier hand on the US Constitution or other actually applicable document for the ceremony.

Using Obama's middle name in a derogatory way to suggest connotations of terrorism is racist.

Using it because, well, its HIS middle name carries no hypocrisy.

terrorists come in all races, they are not a race within them self, it can not possibly be racist to use a name to tie someone to terrorists. there has to be a better word for that. the word racist is used to often for things that have nothing to do with race.

But we all know that many Americans have been brainwashed to hate Muslims and consider them terrorists.

This is so that you don't mind their mass murder

But we all know that many Americans have been brainwashed to hate Muslims and consider them terrorists.

This is so that you don't mind their mass murder

that is just silly, i know many muslims. One friend of mine is from Mali and he litterally thinks obama is the messiah, he is nation of islam and a great guy, his room mate is also a great guy and he is also nation of islam.

i have other friends who are muslim and they are all great people, i know "of" people who think all muslims are terrorists and apparently they live in the mid west or something but i dont know personally anyone who thinks that.

you are always talking about what americans are like, yet your always wrong

And as a sample you are statiscally irrelevant.

Me living in this country, knowing many others who live in this country and what they think is irrelevant because you who are in some unamed country decided you know more about americans than americans know about themselves?

you are so differnt, I just never came across anyone like you before... I am not sure what to make of your logic

Werbung:

Man what a cry baby you've become after getting so thoroughly defeated.:)

The fact most Presidents HAVE used their full name in the swearing in ceramony... just like Bush #41 & 43 both did.

There's a difference when someone is intentionally trying to make people believe something misleading about a person (trying to say President Obama was a Muslim) and someone who themselves is using their own birth given name.

President Obama has impressed me by the way he does what he thinks is right and not what others would try to force upon him. For example he wears a flag pin when HE wants... not just to create some ridiculous jewelry credentials.

And it's great that he'll be standing up there with his lovely family taking the oath of office for President of the United States of America showing pride in the name his mother and father gave him.

He will be one of America's great Presidents! If using his middle name is rubbing something in... RUB BABY RUB!
:D

Back