"liberals"

My responses matched yours way more than half of the time. I must be at least more than half uber conservative, too.

You are all over the board. I did like reading your answers, the ones I didn't agree with were due more to personal life experiences than anything else.

They did not ask about Illegal immigration, I know we agree mostly on that topic.

Werbung:
Nope.

So do some "on the right".

Exactly what I've been saying all along.

Yes, as do some "on the right", who identify themselves as "conservatives."

I'm quite proud of my views, whether they are identified as "right" or "left".

Although our answers in many questions are quite different, I totally admire your balance and your fairness.

I think it is with people like you that our chance for a more united America lies in the future.

Lets just go with the first one, shall we? The others all have at least two sides to them too, but lets just use one a demonstration.

Should standards be lowered? No. Should standards be made appropriate to the jobs? Yes. When the job requires stamina, athletic ability, and the ability to persevere in tough going, lets not have tests on vocabulary, geography, and history. Also, once the candidates have passed the required standards, they have passed the required standards. At that point one can use other criteria to make the selections. Having a social criteria of trying to right past wrongs is not a bad choice. Otherwise there is just no way that those who have been wronged can ever catch up. We do have a responsibility for our history. Like it or not, America is not here for the benefit of the white man. Like it or not, the white man did enslave the black man. Like it or not, that wrong has to be righted.

That is the type of response the questions should have, but the answers often can't be put into yes or no. This is a gross exaggeration of what some of the questions are like to me.

Do you dote over your children, kiss them every time they pass by and drop everything to give them everything they desire, or do you whip them at least three times a day for their inane stupidity.

Both options are unrealistic for any normal person.

That is the type of response the questions should have, but the answers often can't be put into yes or no. This is a gross exaggeration of what some of the questions are like to me.

Do you dote over your children, kiss them every time they pass by and drop everything to give them everything they desire, or do you whip them at least three times a day for their inane stupidity.

Both options are unrealistic for any normal person.

YEP. . . That's why I couldn't tell you how many "yes" or "no" answer I had!
That's why I needed more than ONE word to answer those questions.

But, obviously, my answers are only meaninful to me.

YEP. . . That's why I couldn't tell you how many "yes" or "no" answer I had!
That's why I needed more than ONE word to answer those questions.

But, obviously, my answers are only meaninful to me.

I think a better "quiz" is needed. I found where I fit in a quiz in Parade Magazine years ago.

I think a better "quiz" is needed. I found where I fit in a quiz in Parade Magazine years ago.

Generally, I think this quiz on "liberals" was written from the point of view of the self described conservative who would answer "no" to all of the questions, and designed them so as to be the opposite of their point of view. probably, most of the "are you a liberal/conservative" type questionnaires are written with that sort of bias.

The words have so many meanings as to have become meaningless. The term "liberal" is used by some on this very forum, and others as well, to mean "anyone who does not share my point of view".

Maybe the term "conservative" is used the same way.

I would agree that the word Conservative is used badly, especially by Conservatives. In general, conservatives in politics are those who are enthusiastic about the status quo, and about making no major changes. No changes in any direction.

However, today's conservatives seem more and more to actually be reactionaries, who really and truly wish to take politics backwards in time to an earlier time. Unfortunately, their desire is to take us back to a time that never was. Their memories of how it used to be does not reflect how it used to be. Ever.

I would agree that the word Conservative is used badly, especially by Conservatives. In general, conservatives in politics are those who are enthusiastic about the status quo, and about making no major changes. No changes in any direction.

However, today's conservatives seem more and more to actually be reactionaries, who really and truly wish to take politics backwards in time to an earlier time. Unfortunately, their desire is to take us back to a time that never was. Their memories of how it used to be does not reflect how it used to be. Ever.

There was a time of frontiersmen, and homesteading and living off the flat of the land. People were individualistic and could reject government interference. That can't be done anymore except by a very few. We are now an infestation, an invasive species.

1.Standards for admissions to universities, fire departments, etc. should be lowered for people of color. not lower standards but in areas where there is a historic lack of diversity.

2.Bilingual education for children of immigrants, rather than immersion in English, is good for them and for America. Immersion works for learning English...for some...but its not a good way to learn anything else.

3.Murderers should never be put to death. I have no moral problem with killing a murder...I have issue with how we use it, when we choose to use it, and how it is not given in a fair way...also I don't think our Judaical system is good enough to make sure only the guilty are given it.

4.During the Cold War, America should have adopted a nuclear arms freeze.
There is a limit to how much good each Nuke does past a certain point...after that its just wasting money.

5.Colleges should not allow ROTC programs. That is a dumb idea...but if a Private college does not want one thats there choice.

6.It was wrong to wage war against Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War...depends what you mean wrong...it was a horrible idea, poorly planned, not paid for, and gained Iran even more power in the middle east, and sucked out needed troops and support needed in Afghanistan...Morally Saddam needed to go...but that can be said about Syria and many other places as well...we can't invade them all...

7.Poor parents should not be allowed to have vouchers to send their children to private schools. We should focus on making our schools better...not a system that profits and gains only by taking the best students leaving the rest in a crappy school...

8.It is good that trial lawyers and teachers unions are the two biggest contributors to the Democratic Party. Teachers are what make all of us better...Lawyers are what make our whole legal system work...That we are all able to be defended even if guilty...And that the rich and powerful are not able to screw over the workers and the public to make profits , possible harming or killing them...and face no repercussions. If the 2 biggest donors are people who went to a lot of school to do jobs that benefit the people..I would take that over Oil and Bank CEO's

9.Marriage should be redefined from male-female to any two people.
Any 2 consenting adults...not the governments business to say who loves who.
10.A married couple should not have more of a right to adopt a child than two men or two women. We are all equal under law...Being strait does not make you special or better.

11.The Boy Scouts should not be allowed to use parks or any other public places and should be prohibited from using churches and synagogues for their meetings. Never even herd this as a idea...but sounds dumb

12.The present high tax rates are good.
the present high tax rate is not high enough...and is fake as few actuly pay it..most pay less the the middle class.

13.Speech codes on college campuses are good and American values are bad
never heard of them, doubt I am for them
14.The Israelis and Palestinians are morally equivalent.
Inside the original borders of Israel...Israelis are equal to Palestinians..outside that area no...Palestinians have have the moral high ground there relatively...not that they are perfect in that of course.

15.The United Nations is a moral force for good in the world, and therefore America should be subservient to it and such international institutions as a world court.If we want to be the world police then we should have to live up to the rules we go against others for.

16.It is good that colleges have dropped hundreds of men's sports teams in order to meet gender-based quotas. Nope...that guys are more interested in more sports is not there fault...that said womans sports should always given enough funding where there is interest.

17.No abortions can be labeled immoral. no some could be...but not all and I would not even say most.

18.Restaurants should be prohibited by law from allowing customers to choose between a smoking and a non-smoking section.only smokers think its really a choice. the staff don't have that choice...and I should not have to deal with your smoke..that yes never stays in the "smoking section" just because you want to...I would be asked to leave if I came over and just started farting at your table...and thats far less deadly...Its amazing how much nicer is it to go eat not or to a bar now that its banned...I had to leave a poker game once because I could not even see my cards and my eyes where so watery...suck it up you choose a stupid habit...deal with it.

19.High schools should make condoms available to students and teach them how to use them. yes...because news flash...kids Fu**...even when you say just say no and try to tell them all the bad things that could happen...your 16 and the joy and greatness of doing it with that hot chick you wanted all year...yea they often are going to win out over you know there is a change that you could....they are 16...Better they be safe and I don't have to pay for there welfare kid later when they can't finish school and end up with a dumb ass kid. I take facts over a moral high ground that we all know is often ignored.

20.Racial profiling for terrorists is wrong -- a white American grandmother should as likely be searched as a Saudi young male. I fear white Christian males...Norway, OK City, MLK parade, the white dude who crashed a plane into the IRS building...all don't fit the Muslim profile...Why is it that profiling is wrong unless its terrorism...we don't ask all rich white people to be audited each year and have there business checked to make sure they are doing there taxes right and not breaking labor laws....But I bet the majority that do all fit a racial profile...old white people.

21.Racism and poverty -- not a lack of fathers and a crisis of values -- are the primary causes of violent crime in the inner city. Racism and poverty contribute to the lack of fathers...and sometimes fathers are Aholes who are better off not around the kids.

22.It is wrong and unconstitutional for students to be told, "God bless you" at their graduation. I don't think you should unless its a Religious college...I did not go to school to be blessed by what ever god you believe in..And graduation is for everyone..not just Christians ( and don't pretend this ever means any other god in this debate) does that make it against the constitution..possibly but lightly at best...I would not get to pissed or care to much...

23.No culture is morally superior to any other.
No, for example Midwest culture is far superior to Southern redneck culture.

1.Standards for admissions to universities, fire departments, etc. should be lowered for people of color. not lower standards but in areas where there is a historic lack of diversity.

2.Bilingual education for children of immigrants, rather than immersion in English, is good for them and for America. Immersion works for learning English...for some...but its not a good way to learn anything else.

3.Murderers should never be put to death. I have no moral problem with killing a murder...I have issue with how we use it, when we choose to use it, and how it is not given in a fair way...also I don't think our Judaical system is good enough to make sure only the guilty are given it.

There is a limit to how much good each Nuke does past a certain point...after that its just wasting money.

5.Colleges should not allow ROTC programs. That is a dumb idea...but if a Private college does not want one thats there choice.

6.It was wrong to wage war against Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War...depends what you mean wrong...it was a horrible idea, poorly planned, not paid for, and gained Iran even more power in the middle east, and sucked out needed troops and support needed in Afghanistan...Morally Saddam needed to go...but that can be said about Syria and many other places as well...we can't invade them all...

7.Poor parents should not be allowed to have vouchers to send their children to private schools. We should focus on making our schools better...not a system that profits and gains only by taking the best students leaving the rest in a crappy school...

8.It is good that trial lawyers and teachers unions are the two biggest contributors to the Democratic Party. Teachers are what make all of us better...Lawyers are what make our whole legal system work...That we are all able to be defended even if guilty...And that the rich and powerful are not able to screw over the workers and the public to make profits , possible harming or killing them...and face no repercussions. If the 2 biggest donors are people who went to a lot of school to do jobs that benefit the people..I would take that over Oil and Bank CEO's

10.A married couple should not have more of a right to adopt a child than two men or two women. We are all equal under law...Being strait does not make you special or better.

11.The Boy Scouts should not be allowed to use parks or any other public places and should be prohibited from using churches and synagogues for their meetings. Never even herd this as a idea...but sounds dumb

the present high tax rate is not high enough...and is fake as few actuly pay it..most pay less the the middle class.

Inside the original borders of Israel...Israelis are equal to Palestinians..outside that area no...Palestinians have have the moral high ground there relatively...not that they are perfect in that of course.

15.The United Nations is a moral force for good in the world, and therefore America should be subservient to it and such international institutions as a world court.If we want to be the world police then we should have to live up to the rules we go against others for.

16.It is good that colleges have dropped hundreds of men's sports teams in order to meet gender-based quotas. Nope...that guys are more interested in more sports is not there fault...that said womans sports should always given enough funding where there is interest.

17.No abortions can be labeled immoral. no some could be...but not all and I would not even say most.

18.Restaurants should be prohibited by law from allowing customers to choose between a smoking and a non-smoking section.only smokers think its really a choice. the staff don't have that choice...and I should not have to deal with your smoke..that yes never stays in the "smoking section" just because you want to...I would be asked to leave if I came over and just started farting at your table...and thats far less deadly...Its amazing how much nicer is it to go eat not or to a bar now that its banned...I had to leave a poker game once because I could not even see my cards and my eyes where so watery...suck it up you choose a stupid habit...deal with it.

19.High schools should make condoms available to students and teach them how to use them. yes...because news flash...kids Fu**...even when you say just say no and try to tell them all the bad things that could happen...your 16 and the joy and greatness of doing it with that hot chick you wanted all year...yea they often are going to win out over you know there is a change that you could....they are 16...Better they be safe and I don't have to pay for there welfare kid later when they can't finish school and end up with a dumb ass kid. I take facts over a moral high ground that we all know is often ignored.

20.Racial profiling for terrorists is wrong -- a white American grandmother should as likely be searched as a Saudi young male. I fear white Christian males...Norway, OK City, MLK parade, the white dude who crashed a plane into the IRS building...all don't fit the Muslim profile...Why is it that profiling is wrong unless its terrorism...we don't ask all rich white people to be audited each year and have there business checked to make sure they are doing there taxes right and not breaking labor laws....But I bet the majority that do all fit a racial profile...old white people.

21.Racism and poverty -- not a lack of fathers and a crisis of values -- are the primary causes of violent crime in the inner city. Racism and poverty contribute to the lack of fathers...and sometimes fathers are Aholes who are better off not around the kids.

22.It is wrong and unconstitutional for students to be told, "God bless you" at their graduation. I don't think you should unless its a Religious college...I did not go to school to be blessed by what ever god you believe in..And graduation is for everyone..not just Christians ( and don't pretend this ever means any other god in this debate) does that make it against the constitution..possibly but lightly at best...I would not get to pissed or care to much...

Yours was fun to read I even agreed with you at times and when I didn't I at least found it cute and funny :)

Werbung:

Seems we agree on the majority of point. But you obviously express it better!

Back