H.R. 2 Passed

Smoking is much more than just a personal choice, by engaging in the habit, you are imposing that choice upon others through secondhand smoke.

I know you have trouble reading what I actually say.... So here it is AGAIN:

If that is your problem with smokers, push for laws to restrict where they can smoke. This 150% tax increase on smokers does NOTHING to address what you're complaining about, therefore, its totally irrelevent.

Werbung:
In all honestly I really don't mind the new tax per say since it will help to create revenue an off set taxes for the majority. However .. just like Bunz has mentioned... why in the hell have we not legalized Marijuana and taxed the hell out of it as another form of revenue.. not only would it end illegal border crossing and lower violence in our own country, but it would lower violence and in other countries as well.

No, what it will do is created a massive black market for smokes, or turn Indian Reservations in the biggest smoke sellers in the US, or both. Didn't you read Bunz own post #2?

Ill have to find a way to circumvent the tax to get my fix.

Case and point?

Tax on smokes, it simply a tax on the public. A tax on the public will simply hinder economic activity. Obviously if the public is paying more for smokes, they can't spends as much on other things. Result is economic decline.

That said, one of the many reasons I'm against legalization of Marijuana, is because of the social fallout that will undoubtedly follow it.

I am 23,and married to the man of my dreams, we met in middle school and have been together since. I love him with all my heart, but I do not want to be married to a drug addict. I feel so helpless because he does not see himself like I see him. Since he knows I hate him smoking, he lies and hides it from me, but I always know. So now I have trust issues with him. I just know he can accomplish anything he desires but the weed is keeping him down. I don't want to be selfish or anything, but I just don't want to wake up 10 years from now and still be in the same situation. What about when we decide to have kids, doesn't that affect the baby in some way? I am thinking of just leaving him. If I have to wait till he wants to quit like yall say, well how am I supposed to cope while I am miserable. I hate him with all my heart for doing this to us!!!!!!!! ..........and I love I at the same time.

Well, I used to think calling someone smoking weed a "drug addict" was harsh too, until I was married to someone addicted to it. There is a huge difference between a casual weed smoker and an addicted one. The addict lies to cover it up, steals money to get it & pretty much puts getting and smoking weed first every day. That's the first thing they do, and the last thing they do. It helps them escape reality, and in my personal situation, I have children, and when he is smoking, he doesn't help with anything, and his decisions about what the kids do are not adult like, because he just feels sooo cool about everything. Oh yeah, and try teaching teenagers not to smoke weed when they know their dad does it. If I had it to do over again, I would not have had kids with a weed addict.... yes drug addict is correct and not even harsh at all.

These are two of literally millions of statements by people married, or divorced from, spouses addicted to Marijuana. What isn't said here, is the children who grow up in a family with an addicted father. Thankfully I don't know anyone who's been through this, but I do know some who married someone addicted to alcohol. The problems are the same.

The point is, we don't need another family destroying drug legalized on the market to cause more social chaos in our already screwed up culture.

Secondhand smoke is classified as a known human carcinogen..yearly it accounts for..

an estimated 35,000 deaths from heart disease in non-smokers who live with smokers

Note the word 'estimated'?

2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed in car accidents. Note, this is not an estimate.

So let's ban and restrict and eliminate cars first?

Note the word 'estimated'?

2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed in car accidents. Note, this is not an estimate.

So let's ban and restrict and eliminate cars first?

Deaths from cars are accidents. Those that smoke are well aware of the health risks they impose on non smokers by engulfing them in secondhand smoke. There's nothing accidental about it.

It as been my experience that the majority of smokers are rude...caring little that those of us who care about our health do not wish to inhale the carcinogens they exhale. If smokers were courteous, laws would not have had to be passed restricting their behavior.

These are two of literally millions of statements by people married, or divorced from, spouses addicted to Marijuana. What isn't said here, is the children who grow up in a family with an addicted father. Thankfully I don't know anyone who's been through this, but I do know some who married someone addicted to alcohol. The problems are the same.

The point is, we don't need another family destroying drug legalized on the market to cause more social chaos in our already screwed up culture.

Obviously, you have never smoked pot because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

To equate nicotine and alcohol, and their accompanying addictive properties, with pot, is just plain absurd.

Deaths from cars are accidents. Those that smoke are well aware of the health risks they impose on non smokers by engulfing them in secondhand smoke. There's nothing accidental about it.

There are many that never die from smoking. If you want to ban them, ban them. If you want to restrict them, restrict them. But to think somehow taxing people into poverty is going to help, you are wrong.

It as been my experience that the majority of smokers are rude...caring little that those of us who care about our health do not wish to inhale the carcinogens they exhale. If smokers were courteous, laws would not have had to be passed restricting their behavior.

Actually I have met more rude non-smokers than smokers. Non-smokers think they are somehow superior and run around trying to dictate to others how they live.

Obviously, you have never smoked pot because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

To equate nicotine and alcohol, and their accompanying addictive properties, with pot, is just plain absurd.

Obviously you have never heard from the broken families of either, because to the people hurt, it doesn't matter which one you are addicted to.

What is absurd is to think that it matters to the wife and children of an addicted spouse and father, which of the two they are addicted too.

Obviously you have never heard from the broken families of either, because to the people hurt, it doesn't matter which one you are addicted to.

What is absurd is to think that it matters to the wife and children of an addicted spouse and father, which of the two they are addicted too.

Marijuana, unlike alcohol or nicotine, is not physically addictive.... Therefore, any comparison is ridiculous. I'm sure pot can be psychologically addictive, but you could say that about just about anything.

Some people have addictive personalities, if it wasn't pot it would be something else they would find to channel their self destructive behavior through. To suggest pot should be kept illegal to normal people because of a few psychological weaklings is not a good argument.

Instead of raising the tobacco tax, they should legalize and create a taxation on marijuana.

I've said this for years. It's ridiculous that there's a bar on almost every corner but a much milder mood altering drug with far fewer side effects, something like marijuana is illegal.

Not that I smoke weed anymore but I sure did some waaaaay:D back in school. I know how stupid the whole marijuana is a crime thing is.

How many other things could be claimed to be the same? Driving kills more people, and cars are supposedly dirty, and I'm sure we'd all agree that tail pipe emission are generally not good for your health....

I know, let's tax all cars everywhere into people can only afford bikes.

And there's dozens of other things that can fit. Heck let's just tax everything till we're all broke and can't afford to do anything at all. Then we'll all do nothing dangerous, nothing dirty, nothing hazardous, and be really lame bored people living pathetic lives.

It's not that Andy... it's that it makes other people sick as well and there is no benefit to smoking at all.

Cars are used for transportation. They have some legitimate and useful purposes.

It's not that Andy... it's that it makes other people sick as well and there is no benefit to smoking at all.

If you're concerned about the health affects of second hand smoke, legislate where they can smoke. Taxes do not address that concern in any way.

If your worried about the health of the smoker and want to tell them how to live their life, Ban the product. Taxes do not address that concern in any way.

If its because you like the SCHIP program and think it should get 150% more funding, pay for it yourself, out of your pocket, don't punish people who's actions and lifestyles you disagree with in order to get the funding - that's nothing less than spiteful bigotry on the part of a bully majority who knows they can trample the rights of a minority.

Marijuana, unlike alcohol or nicotine, is not physically addictive.... Therefore, any comparison is ridiculous. I'm sure pot can be psychologically addictive, but you could say that about just about anything.

Some people have addictive personalities, if it wasn't pot it would be something else they would find to channel their self destructive behavior through. To suggest pot should be kept illegal to normal people because of a few psychological weaklings is not a good argument.

Popeye and topgun... So nice to be finally on the same page with you both in regards to anything on this website...

With that said.. I further the argument but stating that most of the problems happening around our borders are directly caused by marijuana drug traffiking.

Legalizing it would not only lower the power of drug cartels in our neighboring countries but provide America with a new taxable crop that could be utilizied.

BTW while it maybe true in what Bunz said about circumnavigating the cigerate tax by heading to a reservation, the fact is that nearly 90pct of all Americans would not enjoy that niceity since they live no where NEAR one nor would they feel the need to drive the vast distances to save a couple of bucks. You could grow it yourself or free yourself from the trouble by buying manufactued Marijuana cigs by Marlboro LoL!! I promise you they already have a store house with them ready to ship LMAO!!!

Werbung:
If you cannot out-right kill them, just tax them to death!

What a great American tradition...

It is, actually.

As a past President said: "If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Anyone remember who said that? (Please don't Google it, that's cheating :) )

Back