DemocratLupis

FEMA, the Red Cross to make sure money, etc is paid to victims
instead of the gov having to do it...
no funding of false wars...

and now for the etc...

there is only so much you can liberate
Democrats need a new meaning

Werbung:
I can't make much sense of your original post but I do know that you can lower taxes through the following measures :

Eliminate/seriously reform unnecessary programs that are prone to waste and fraud such as the food stamp program and welfare.

Crack down on illegal immigration which is draining border states school systems and healthcare systems. This would include amending the constitution to prevent granting citizenship to children who are born of illegals (this isn't actually in the constitution anyways).

Amend the constitution to allow for a line item veto. This would allow a president to veto pork bills which are attached as riders to other important bills.

Set up a flat tax in which all Americans are paying an equal %, 10% would work and close all loopholes in the tax code for American corporations (the income tax was, of course, originally intended as a corporate tax).

Work on eliminating the powerful influence of American labor unions. Labor Unions are driving good businesses overseas due to the fact that they demand companies to set wages unrealistically high. More companies in a state would create more jobs, more wealth for both individuals and the state. (see Delaware)

Military spending is currently acceptable, that is one of the few things the government IS constitutionally allowed to do. Really, the big programs aren't the problem, it's the little programs that build on each other and really cost us. As a famous senator once said, "A billion here and a billion there, and soon, we're talking real money."

eliminate the labor unions I agree though if one is born here in America then they are an American citizen

Even if their parent is an illegal? What is your remedy for that problem? Should the child be removed from the mother and handed over to the state?

I'd end that loophole. Being born here does not make you a US citizen unless your parents are legally here. Legally here means your parents are US citizens or legal aliens.

More pork and BS spending goes into the defense budget than anything else. Let me in their, I could lean it out.

First thing Id do is convert our Navy from a mainly surface fleet with big ole aircraft carriers,(or targets), into a mainly submarine fleet.

More pork and BS spending goes into the defense budget than anything else. Let me in their, I could lean it out.

First thing Id do is convert our Navy from a mainly surface fleet with big ole aircraft carriers,(or targets), into a mainly submarine fleet.

Why, you plan on going to a push-button war doctrine?

Set up a flat tax in which all Americans are paying an equal %, 10% would work and close all loopholes in the tax code for American corporations (the income tax was, of course, originally intended as a corporate tax).

I'm certainly not rich, but I don't have a problem with this and I really don't see why people do.

Werbung:
I'm certainly not rich, but I don't have a problem with this and I really don't see why people do.

I agree that if we want lower taxes the way to do it to just decide how high the tax should be and stick to it. But there are many taxes besides the income tax and changing just that one will just cause the government to raise the others. Also, a flat tax on income only would unfairly burden those who make less money relative to what they need to survive. That is, it would be regressive.

The best system would be not to focus on what a person can pay but to limit what the government can collect and the size of the government.

All taxes then should be totally transparent so that we know exactly what we are paying and exactly what it is being used for. It should also be relevant to what it is being used for.

Back