McCain collects Social Security!

Popeye

From his newly released tax returns:

Years 2006 and 2007

Senate Salary-161,675 (2006) 161,708 (2007)

Book royalties-80,390 (2006) 176,508 (2007)

Social Security-22,104 (2006) 23,157 (2007)

Navy pension-56,496 (2006) 58,358 (2007)

This illustrates two things, he's taking government money he doesn't need ( his wife is worth an estimated 100 million) and, most importantly, the mere fact that he is eligible for SS is another reminder of just how old this man really is.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/04/18/916355.aspx

Werbung:
I personally dont have any issue with him collecting social security. He paid into it his whole life. He is entitled to it just as the rest of us are. The more important question would be how he is going to fix it, so in 40 years when I am old enough to collect and have paid in the whole time that I am going to get it.

I personally dont have any issue with him collecting social security. He paid into it his whole life. He is entitled to it just as the rest of us are. The more important question would be how he is going to fix it, so in 40 years when I am old enough to collect and have paid in the whole time that I am going to get it.
I do have a problem with it.
From Wikipedia:
"The Social Security Act was drafted by President Roosevelt's committee on economic security....The act was an attempt to limit what were seen as dangers in the modern American life, including old age poverty, unemployment, and the burdens of widows and fatherless children."

People like Warren Buffet believe SS should only be used as a safety net. McCain and his wife are worth over 100 million dollars, SS isn't going to get fixed when you have the wealthy taking money out of it they don't need.

From Wikipedia:

People like Warren Buffet believe SS should only be used as a safety net. McCain and his wife are worth over 100 million dollars, SS isn't going to get fixed when you have the wealthy taking money out of it they don't need.

I was just reading your post on the other thread about the debate. You seemed to not care for the debate because they were getting off of the real issues like health care ( something they have hashed and re hashed 22 times) but now you are having a problem with this. This is a legal thing he did, but I can see how you can have an opinion about it and judge McCains charactor for it. But if I can see that you have this right to judge McCain by his actions, why on earth do you take issue with people judging Obama by his actions?

From Wikipedia:

Id rather him draw SS than take it cash from lobbyists. I agree that it should be a safety net. But at the same time, everyone pays in. If wanted and eligible then they should also benefit from it. In terms of what the original intention of SS was, it has evolved into something else. I will be supporting Obama, but this isnt a big issue for me.

My only worry with Mc Cain is his age and health. Everyone holding the office of President of the United States shows the toll on their age and health. I also see him as a continuation of the Bush presidency. I am, for once in my life, at a total loss on this election. Anyone else undecided and worried?

Although he is absoloutley entitled to take social security, he doesn't need it and shouldn't take it.

Don't you think his wages are slightly more obscene, seeing as their coming out of your pocket too?

My only worry with Mc Cain is his age and health. Everyone holding the office of President of the United States shows the toll on their age and health. I also see him as a continuation of the Bush presidency. I am, for once in my life, at a total loss on this election. Anyone else undecided and worried?

Your prattle about his age is irrational. MANY presidents would have been eligible for social security, and Hillary will be in a couple years. You see, high government office is the capstone of the careers of people who hold that office. Contrary to the impression you might have got at Obama's concert-like pep rallies, teenagers aren't elected to the presidency.

Your prattle about his age is irrational. MANY presidents would have been eligible for social security, and Hillary will be in a couple years. You see, high government office is the capstone of the careers of people who hold that office. Contrary to the impression you might have got at Obama's concert-like pep rallies, teenagers aren't elected to the presidency.

My, My aren't you excitable. If I am irrational, so are many other people in this country including his fellow Republicans. Drawing SS has nothing to do with it, he would be 72 by the time he took office, he has been in ill health and I think he was the wrong choice for the Republican party. As to Obama, I am not a fan thank you. He would make a good rock star but then we had a movie star in the White House, who I admired but if we are going for a rock star I would pick Mick Jaggar. He has more energy and heading close to SS himself. lol. Get real, you don't even know me, my political apirations or who I do or do not favor for the Presidency.

John McCain... Old man yells at cloud... :D

The guy is a honored POW but he's honestly becoming a little senile. Come on... we've all heard him try to speak. :) Even if someone did really like the guy if they were honest they'd have to admit McCain is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Plus he's just a HUGE Flip Flopper. I don't think there's one major policy he's now for that he wasn't completely against before he needed neo-con dollars to run for President. Hated Bush's policies... now they're hugging & kissing (try to get that image out of your head... LoL!)

On the S.S. this is where things get out of wack. If you and your wife are worth 100 million bucks there probably should be some cut off for receiving the S.S. check.

Same thing on the other end. If you're not bringing in 50K a year after you retire... you shouldn't have to pay taxes on any of it.

John McCain... Old man yells at cloud... :D

The guy is a honored POW but he's honestly becoming a little senile. Come on... we've all heard him try to speak. :) Even if someone did really like the guy if they were honest they'd have to admit McCain is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Plus he's just a HUGE Flip Flopper. I don't think there's one major policy he's now for that he wasn't completely against before he needed neo-con dollars to run for President. Hated Bush's policies... now they're hugging & kissing (try to get that image out of your head... LoL!)

On the S.S. this is where things get out of wack. If you and your wife are worth 100 million bucks there probably should be some cut off for receiving the S.S. check.

Same thing on the other end. If you're not bringing in 50K a year after you retire... you shouldn't have to pay taxes on any of it.

Again, I dont care either way. I have been paying in all my working life and fully intend to collect when I retire in another 40 years.

But I have liked McCain in the past, I wish he would have won in 2000. Now is not his time to be there as far as Im concerned. When it comes to the shooting war with Iran he seems to want so badly, I am a bit concerned he might confuse Iran with Iowa or something. :D

Like I said, I respect the man, and if Obama is not the democrat nominee, I will probably support him over Hillary. But I have some serious reservations about his age and metal capacity these days.

Again, I dont care either way. I have been paying in all my working life and fully intend to collect when I retire in another 40 years.

But I have liked McCain in the past, I wish he would have won in 2000. Now is not his time to be there as far as Im concerned. When it comes to the shooting war with Iran he seems to want so badly, I am a bit concerned he might confuse Iran with Iowa or something. :D

Like I said, I respect the man, and if Obama is not the democrat nominee, I will probably support him over Hillary. But I have some serious reservations about his age and metal capacity these days.

I'm not found of the way Hillary's campaign has been run but she would still be light years better than John McCain.

John McCain is basically self admittedly ignorant about large scale economics and basically is now willing to just fall into copying what Bush has done because there's a template for it and the far Right wing of his Party likes it. Plus... he'd be the first to escalate overseas occupations.

I actually kinda liked the old John McCain myself when he was a maverick and pointing out how flawed Bush policy was... but those days are long since gone. I think a little of it's the old age to tell ya the truth.

Please consider supporting any Democratic candidate. It's really important this time that we change the Party in the Oval Office for a long list of reasons!

I'm not found of the way Hillary's campaign has been run but she would still be light years better than John McCain.

The way the Clinton campaign operates is not something I want to be involved with at all. I cant support that behavior with my vote.

John McCain is basically self admittedly ignorant about large scale economics and basically is now willing to just fall into copying what Bush has done because there's a template for it and the far Right wing of his Party likes it. Plus... he'd be the first to escalate overseas occupations.
This is especially troublesome to me.
I actually kinda liked the old John McCain myself when he was a maverick and pointing out how flawed Bush policy was... but those days are long since gone. I think a little of it's the old age to tell ya the truth.
I really liked the maverick McCain, and yes his age has a lot to do with it. I am not sure he is ready for the daily grind it takes to be President.
Please consider supporting any Democratic candidate. It's really important this time that we change the Party in the Oval Office for a long list of reasons!
I have supported Obama in the Alaska cacuases, and will when he finally secures the nomination on the way to November, I think tomorrow when he has a strong showing and makes it mathmatically impossible for Hillary to win, you will see a shift in the focus. The democrats will be less inclined to canabilize themselves and go after the party of 8 years of disaster after disaster.

Werbung:
If I was to win the lottery...I would forfeit SS. If I don't need it, I really don't want it.

That's very admirable.

Really I'm surprised more people don't do that on there own if they retire and they have a very high net worth. Especially since they only pay into the fund on a fraction of their income. Only on the first $100,000 a year and it has been less than that over the years.

It's probably not something you can stop from receiving... but you could donate it to charity or something I guess.

Social Security was developed to... Quote: "Give some security against poverty stricken old age."

Back