McCain gets paid off by oil industry

Popeye

Ever wonder why John McCain did such a turnaround on offshore oil drilling? If you take a look at some numbers you'll get a pretty good idea:

Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his position on the federal ban on offshore drilling.

Oil and gas industry executives and employees donated $1.1 million to McCain last month - three-quarters of which came after his June 16 speech calling for an end to the ban - compared with $116,000 in March, $283,000 in April and $208,000 in May.

Yeah, McCain gave the usual reasons for the change of heart, rising gas prices etc. but:

McCain delivered the speech before heading to Texas for a series of fund-raisers with energy industry executives, and the day after the speech he raised $1.3 million at a private luncheon and reception at the San Antonio Country Club, according to local news accounts.

"The timing was significant," said David Donnelly, the national campaigns director of the Public Campaign Action Fund, a nonpartisan campaign finance reform group that conducted the analysis of McCain's oil industry contributions. "This is a case study of how a candidate can change a policy position in the interest of raising money."

I guess you could look at it this way...the Republican party has been in bed with the fossil fuel industry from the beginning, why should John McCain be any different?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/27/MN4I120EGN.DTL

Werbung:
Your own post belies your claim;

Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, AFTER the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his position on the federal ban on offshore drilling.

Moral of the story: You have cause and effect ass backwards.

Better go back to the fake "McCain has cancer" slurs.

Are you suggesting McCain didn't know that advocating offshore oil drilling would ignite a flurry of contributions from the fossil fuel industry? You can be sure McCain and the oil industry had talks before McCain made his drilling pitch. We're talking about a Republican party that has the energy industry virtually write policy. Remember Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force?

The timing of McCain's announcement is remarkable and certainly not a coincidence:

McCain delivered the speech before heading to Texas for a series of fund-raisers with energy industry executives, and the day after the speech he raised $1.3 million at a private luncheon and reception at the San Antonio Country Club, according to local news accounts.

Give me a break.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

McCain is all about money for McCain! Major reason he walked off and left his first family. He could care less about this country, he just wants his piece of the pie.

McCain is all about money for McCain! Major reason he walked off and left his first family. He could care less about this country, he just wants his piece of the pie.

He left a disabled wife. John McCain has no character, no morals:

Ross Perot, who paid Carol McCain's medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel:

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

He left a disabled wife. John McCain has no character, no morals:

Ross Perot, who paid Carol McCain's medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel:

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

Perot calling McCain an opportunist... I guess it if it takes one to know one, Perot is qualified to pass that judgment.

John McCain has Character and Moral problems? You don't say...
doigiveadamnaj2.gif

He's STILL better than Obama on policy... the stuff that really matters.

Are you suggesting McCain didn't know that advocating offshore oil drilling would ignite a flurry of contributions from the fossil fuel industry?

Ewwwwwww - Mr. Megaslander goes into backpeddle mode! :) First, it was no wonder McCain was "pro-oil company" - he got contributions. Now it's HE KNEW he would get contributions! :D

Ewwwwwww - Mr. Megaslander goes into backpeddle mode! :) First, it was no wonder McCain was "pro-oil company" - he got contributions. Now it's HE KNEW he would get contributions! :D

I don't see any "backpeddle":

Popeye said:
You can be sure McCain and the oil industry had talks before McCain made his drilling pitch.

Perhaps you would like to dispute my previous comment. Or do you just accept the fact that the Republican Party and Big Oil are so close they overlap and are virtually one in the same?

I don't see any "backpeddle":

You first claimed that McCain was pro-oil BECAUSE he got contributions. When I pointed out FROM YOUR OWN REFERENCE, that you had the cause and effect ass backwards, you feebly replied duh, well he knew it would get him some contributions. :) In this slander thread, you're like one of those clowns on a unicycle that goes back and forth and round and round, peddling and backpeddling, as your illogic gets picked to pieces. :D

You first claimed that McCain was pro-oil BECAUSE he got contributions. When I pointed out FROM YOUR OWN REFERENCE, that you had the cause and effect ass backwards, you feebly replied duh, well he knew it would get him some contributions. :) In this slander thread, you're like one of those clowns on a unicycle that goes back and forth and round and round, peddling and backpeddling, as your illogic gets picked to pieces. :D

You can try to pick apart my post all you like. I don't blame you, because the relationship between McCain's change of heart on offshore drilling and oil industry contributions to his campaign is irrefutable.

Lets take one more peek at the relevant numbers:

Oil and gas industry executives and employees donated $1.1 million to McCain last month - three-quarters of which came after his June 16 speech calling for an end to the ban - compared with $116,000 in March, $283,000 in April and $208,000 in May.

Remember as well that McCain delivered the speech the day before a series of fund-raisers with energy industry executives in which he raised over 1 million.

I guess you think that's just coincidence. This time I'll make my position real clear since you, like many of your ilk, have been dumbed down by the constant viewing of Faux News......I have absolutely no doubt that McCain called for an end to the offshore drilling ban, with the full knowledge and approval of the oil industry.

yea cuz it would never work like, if you vote for this, after that will will Do X y Z....

do you realy not know how the world works? Im not saying thats the reason he shifted, but anyone with half a brain can see threw your lame "moral"

Werbung:
Ever wonder why John McCain did such a turnaround on offshore oil drilling? If you take a look at some numbers you'll get a pretty good idea:

Yeah, McCain gave the usual reasons for the change of heart, rising gas prices etc. but:

I guess you could look at it this way...the Republican party has been in bed with the fossil fuel industry from the beginning, why should John McCain be any different?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/27/MN4I120EGN.DTL

Pay attention on how your candidate gets unmasked by John Edwards on taking private contributions...:mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0NNXOHUcs

Back