McCain Potential Running Mates Thread

Bunz

Hi Folks,

There isnt really a thread on the subject and surely it will be talked about so I thought I would give it a start.

Who do you think will be McCain's running mate?

There has been some internet talk of my home state Governor Sara Palin for the nomination, but she has said she isnt interested and I hope she wont because she is doing alright for Alaska.

On Letterman last night McCain was quite upbeat about Huckabee, Romney's name has been thrown around among others.

To start the speculation I think Huckabee is right up there.
He brings the Christian right into the fray again, and despite me not agreeing with his policies, Huckabee is a likeable person, witty and fun. I see him as being a solid choice for VP if I was McCain.

Werbung:
After how the primaries went, McCain/Romney makes more sense as a boxing match than a presidential ticket.

If McCain is smart he'll go with Huckabee or one of the other hardline conservatives, like Tancredo or even Thompson.

After how the primaries went, McCain/Romney makes more sense as a boxing match than a presidential ticket.

If McCain is smart he'll go with Huckabee or one of the other hardline conservatives, like Tancredo or even Thompson.

I see where you are going with the Romney argument, but I am sure those differences could be set aside with an agreeable situation between the two.
I actually said while watching him on a long forgotten debate with some friends what seems like a lifetime ago that he looked "very Vice-Presidential"

I think Tancredo would be a nightmare for McCain. Tancredo is far to facist in his immigration views to make that even begin to work.
I read in the local paper here that McCain might look into the private sector. It mentioned the FEDEX CEO specifically...But who knows.

Werbung:
Huckabee brings nothing to the ticket that McCain couldn't get better with someone else. He and Romney don't get along personally.

I'd bet on either Tim Pawlenty or Mark Sanford, probably Pawlenty since he might be able to make Minnesota competitive.

Back