Modern Liberalism =- Authoritarianism

The treatment and oppression experienced cant nor should be chalked up to one group. It was perpetrated by the federal and state government. Rural Alaskans are long forgotten. Traveling to rural Alaska is like leaving America and going to a second or third world country.

You can only attribute actions taken by government to those in power.

Werbung:
OK. I am back at ease. Obviously you were looking in the window of my liberal neighbor. I can't speak from personal knowledge like you, but his demeanor would lead one to believe he has no cajones at all.

If it had been my window you were looking in, you would be cursed with feelings of inadequacy that would, in all likelyhood haunt you for the rest of your life.

Your liberal neighbor? Wait a sec...I thought liberals were anti-gun? This guy grabbed a shotgun off the wall and threatened to shoot me in the balls!

Your liberal neighbor? Wait a sec...I thought liberals were anti-gun? This guy grabbed a shotgun off the wall and threatened to shoot me in the balls!

That sounds just like my liberal neighbor. Haven't we just been discussing how liberalism in practice rarely looks like liberalism on paper?

Gotcha.:D :D :D

it looks like i missed the entire debate aww damit!

go authoritains! ironicly the most free countries we have are authoritarian. they try to make authoritarians look oppressive and narrow minded when they are to blind and ignorant to see that law protects freedom.

"Go Authoritarians".... do you not like living your own life and making your own choices, just following whatever a right wing government tells you to believe instead?

oh please. we have laws. that doesnt mean i dont think for myself. i go on protests against laws i disagree with and i plan on getting into politics and make a real difference. having laws and authority isnt always a bad thing. ask any sailor what would happen to a boat without a captain.

An analogy with a boat is hardly sufficient to sum up what controls every aspect of peoples lives. You're not aristotle.

I understand that we have laws, and that humans need laws to live within an ordered society, but promoting an authoritarian government is - well - just plain stupid.

An analogy with a boat is hardly sufficient to sum up what controls every aspect of peoples lives. You're not aristotle.

You Brits live under a more oppressive government than we do here in the states. Every aspect of your life is more strictly governed there than it is here. As proof, I challenge you to name 3 things that you can do with absolutely no interference from the government at either the local, the county (?) or the national level without going into the most mundane aspects of your life. One freedom loving individual said that he could decide whether to pee sitting or standing. Can you do any better?

I understand that we have laws, and that humans need laws to live within an ordered society, but promoting an authoritarian government is - well - just plain stupid.

After having tried to name just 3 things you can do with absolutely no government interference, do you still believe that you just live in an ordered society rather than under an authoritarian government?

Werbung:
You Brits live under a more oppressive government than we do here in the states. Every aspect of your life is more strictly governed there than it is here. As proof, I challenge you to name 3 things that you can do with absolutely no interference from the government at either the local, the county (?) or the national level without going into the most mundane aspects of your life. One freedom loving individual said that he could decide whether to pee sitting or standing. Can you do any better?

I realize that you wanted someone to point this out, but saying "without going into the most mundane aspects of your life" and then citing someone's urination choices is something of a contradiction, no?

Back