Mort Kondracke: Fire conservative talk show hosts

Popeye

Yes, this is the same Mort Kondracke who is a regular on Faux News..he's no liberal. He has an interesting solution to the recent GOP woes..stop allowing the leading right wing talk shows hosts to set the Republican agenda.

Kondracke is correct, though Limbaugh, Hannity etc. do a great job preaching to the choir...that's all they're doing, while at the same time going off on tangents, his citing of Terry Schiavo and immigration are great examples, that are either completely at odds with the vast majority of the American public or an important demographic.

Of course, what Kondracke says makes way too much sense...lets hope his advice isn't followed.

How can the Republican Party rebound? The first step would be to quit letting Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham set its agenda.......... Step One is to fire Rush Limbaugh and his ilk as the intellectual bosses of the GOP. They shouldn't be muzzled, as some liberals want to do by reviving the "fairness doctrine" in broadcasting, just ignored more frequently. In recent years, Republicans have let right-wing talk show hosts whip the GOP base into frenzies -- over immigration, brain-damage victim Terry Schiavo and same-sex marriage -- that have branded the party as troglodyte. The result is that the demographic groups representing the future of American politics shifted decisively to the Democratic Party in 2008

http://www.republican-leadership.com/node/679

Werbung:
why is shutting up the voice of people the way to go? do we as a people believe in free speech or not?

This is isn't about free speech, this is about advice given by a Republican to his party. Kondracke doesn't want to shut them up but he does make the legitamite point that a major party shouldn't have it's agenda set by talk show hosts.

why is shutting up the voice of people the way to go? do we as a people believe in free speech or not?

He does not say they should be fired in general or in any way silenced. They should simply be "fired from being the intellectual bosses of the GOP." There is a huge difference.

OK fair enough. But I also think that Conservatives should seperate themself from republicans. I would be part of a conservative party where I really dont want to be part of a republican party

Why have a GOP at all? Lets just have a one party system, like Soviet Russia, and let the Democrats control everything. That seems to be the plan anyway, so lets stop beating around the bush and open the concentration camps for political re-education... and while we're at it, execute dissenters - as dissent is no longer patriotic when a Democrat is in the White House.

Why have a GOP at all? Lets just have a one party system, like Soviet Russia, and let the Democrats control everything. That seems to be the plan anyway, so lets stop beating around the bush and open the concentration camps for political re-education... and while we're at it, execute dissenters - as dissent is no longer patriotic when a Democrat is in the White House.

I could see it coming to that. I know it would take execution for me becaues I would not be re educated.

but back to the first post, if moderate republicans think conservatives are the problem the two groups should seperate

I could see it coming to that. I know it would take execution for me becaues I would not be re educated.

but back to the first post, if moderate republicans think conservatives are the problem the two groups should seperate

That would be a great idea...not you getting executed but the GOP splitting apart. The party would quickly go from barely relevant, as they are now, to completely irrelevant...which is the hope of all forward thinking Americans.

That would be a great idea...not you getting executed but the GOP splitting apart. The party would quickly go from barely relevant, as they are now, to completely irrelevant...which is the hope of all forward thinking Americans.

You really should look into the political ideology of Liberal Fascism.... its your cup of tea. I challenge you to find something about it that you don't like.

You really should look into the political ideology of Liberal Fascism.... its your cup of tea.

That is a rather foolish statement... However, to prove that I am not a fascist, let me say that you are entitled to your opinion. Just don't express it too loudly or I will make sure you get sent off to a reeducation camp.

If the democrats and liberals split up too, the liberal group would be smaller than the conservative group IMO.

Conservatives & republicans are just as differnt from eachother as are liberals and democrats.

That is a rather foolish statement... However, to prove that I am not a fascist, let me say that you are entitled to your opinion. Just don't express it too loudly or I will make sure you get sent off to a reeducation camp.

Its nice to see you do have a sense of humor. :)

However, look at fascism and what it stands for... not at Nazi-ism. Nazi's perverted the ideology so that its now synonomous with Anti-semetism, sexism, jack booted thugs and the like.

Mousolini's version of Fascism was quite popular here in America... It was all about the collective:

Mussolini invented the word totalitarian "to describe a society where everybody belonged, where everyone was taken care of, where everything was inside the state and nothing was outside: where truly no child was left behind."

Liberal Fascism is the Totalitarian Nanny State that Progressives, like yourself, have been dreaming about. Replace Militarism with Environmentalism, replace antisemetism with anticonservatism, replace the individual and his rights with that of the collective/common/greater good.

I'm not loyal to any party but my observation is that talk radio hasn't killed the Republican Party, Bush has.

And many said the Democratic Party was dead, nothing new, party for old people when Kerry lost. Things can and do change over 4yrs.

Werbung:
I'm not loyal to any party but my observation is that talk radio hasn't killed the Republican Party, Bush has.

And many said the Democratic Party was dead, nothing new, party for old people when Kerry lost. Things can and do change over 4yrs.

Bush is the product of a Dumbed down party that wanted Bush, dont put this on Bush, its on the voters who put him there and felt he was the best to lead the nation.

Back