Steele: Limbaugh is not the leader of the GOP

Rush is much more a conservative than he is a republican. He is a talk show host, not the leader of the republican party.
....At least, not on the weekend.

460%3E_631470.jpg

Werbung:
Yeah, but listen to this..

How humiliating...you can almost hear the bullwhip cracking in the background.

I didnt hear any bullwhip cracking, actually reading it reminded me of a few times I said things I did not really mean, but it came back to haunt me. One of those times I never corrected the issue and that still bothers me. Its harder to correct something you have said that didnt come out like you meant than to ignore it.

Now here is the test

Lets see if Rush is humble or gacious tomorrow when accepting the statement or if he acts like a big blow hard....

and lets see if Rush says he shouldnt have went off on him without talking to him first, or knowing more facts... that will say a lot about who is the more humble or genuin guy :)

In an interview on CNN Saturday night, Steele claimed Limbaugh was not the leader of the Republican Party.."Let's put it in the context here," said Steele. "Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment."

In reference to Limbaugh's comments about wanting Obama to fail..."Yes, it's incendiary," Steele added. "Yes, it's ugly."

The Dittoheads aren't going to like that Mr. Steele...not to mention Limbaugh. In fact, there's word that Rush has fired back on his radio show this morning:

"I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in a sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit."

Stay tuned.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...le-if-i-were-gop-chairman-id-quit.php?ref=fp1

I havent managed to catch the DL program, but I have also avoided it because I cant take DL out of being a comic.

But Steele does alright in making his point, it is just that Steele needs to understand that among average American Republicans, Rush is much more influential, and he need not compete with Rush as he appears to be now.

It is dumb, and only further drives the GOP apart.

Rush is much more a conservative than he is a republican. He is a talk show host, not the leader of the republican party. Everyone knows that

I dont know if Rush is either, Rush is about Rush, and that is it. He will spout off anything in an effort to increase his sponsorship. He gets his soap box for however long per day and a bunch of people listen intently turning on his every word...like some sort of Messiah or something;)

He is more than just an entertainer, he inspires people to think and to speak up, and he gives us all a way to communicate with eachother through his program.
Careful Pandora, your begining to sound like a bot here. But that is the key point here, when you criticize Obama and people who find something in him, as mindless or whatever, but both sides have thier personalities that thier respective followers enjoy, and not surprisingly the other side cannot for the life of them, understand why.
I am very glad we have him and Hannity and Beck
And I hear Fred Thompson starts a new show to replace Bill O who left radio
Ill be honest, when the original Glenn Beck nappy headed hos comments came out, my first question was, Who is Glenn Beck? He seems to come on in the middle of the night AK time, so I honestly havent heard much of him.
Hannity, another person who has found thier niche and exploits it, mostly for his personal gain, much like plenty of other media personalities. But the thing that bugs me about him when I have heard his radio show is the caller saying first thing, is that Sean is a great American, and then Hannity saying, Thanks, and your a great American.
Ideology doesnt make a great American, nor does having the biggest "Yea America" bumper sticker, and nor does simply saying it to someone who you have never met.
I like to listen to all of them. Savage bothers me a bit but if he is on an obama rant I like it :)
Hmmm...I dont listen to any of them. I also gotta be pretty bored to watch a cable "news" show, or they have something I really want to see.

I hope Thompson sounds more active and involved than he did during the Prez campaign. I was rooting for him, but sometimes I got the feeling he wasn't all that interested in being President. No wonder he was the first one out.

I dont disagree, Thompson's campaign in 2008 was kinda like a scoreless hockey game without a fight. As much as I love hockey, watching Thompson operate was like some uninspired high school teams in Alabama using a beachball instead of a puck.

There's a great pool of conservatives out ther who currently don't vote conservative. Some of them don't because they have noticed that no conservatives have run for major office in the last few elections. Others don't because of their Kool-aide beliefs. But all of them can come out for conservatism, once they see one with the amount of media backing Barack Obama got, combined with the conservatism of a Ron Paul with a little common sense mixed in.
Interesting post Acorn, I dont necessarily agree with all of it, but the paragraph I quoted perked my ears a bit. Because I am a swing voter, I rarely have voted the party line, except 08, which is because a lot of things fell into line to make that happen, outside of politics.

But what I dont care for and immediatly shy away from is the constant complaints about the media bias. As someone who has played a sport at a fairly high level, coach younger players and have been a referee, I see the GOP making issue out of the media as a cop out. Its like fans of one team constantly complaining about the refs. It is unbecoming and oftentimes untrue or marginal at best, but often is a reflection on how one team plays the game in the first place.

I would have easily voted McCain this election if Obama had named Hillary on the ticket, my Governor, Sarah Palin is someone who I had generally supported until the troopergate issue which was a local issue long before it became a national one. It only went downhill from there, and now unfortunately I dont care for her a bit, but this is not because of a media bias, or the left wing attacks, it has exactly to do with her policies.

Because I particularly liked Biden, his choice as running mate, and the choice of Palin ensured my democratic vote this year.

The overall problem with the GOP in regards to the mainstream swing voters is firstly, the hardline on plenty of social issues, including plenty that have shown time and time again to not work. Abstinence only comes to mind. While I know this was a Clinton issue to start, when it was proven to be ineffective, the GOP showed even more support.
This also boils down to the abortion issue, and then throw in the direct appeal to the Christian groups ensure that the mainstream shy away.

I dont like God mixed in with my politics.

Rush is much more a conservative than he is a republican. He is a talk show host, not the leader of the republican party. Everyone knows that

I'm kind of bothered about this whole thing... Limbaugh was seen this weekend as the GOP leader. His words meant more than what steele had to say. In fact Steele had to aplogized to Limbaugh for his comments. If that's the route the GOP is taking than they're going to be in deep crap in 2010....:mad:

I didnt hear any bullwhip cracking, actually reading it reminded me of a few times I said things I did not really mean, but it came back to haunt me. One of those times I never corrected the issue and that still bothers me. Its harder to correct something you have said that didnt come out like you meant than to ignore it.
We all have those moments, most of the time they are not the basis for national politics and under the eye of interational relations. There is a massive difference in what you manage in your own life versus what Steele says towards the media.
Now here is the test

Lets see if Rush is humble or gacious tomorrow when accepting the statement or if he acts like a big blow hard....

and lets see if Rush says he shouldnt have went off on him without talking to him first, or knowing more facts... that will say a lot about who is the more humble or genuin guy :)
Yeah, please let us all know tomorrow when it concerns Rush's remarks towards Steele.

Its 3 hours a day :)

I disagree totally that he spouts off anything in an effort to increase his sponsorship. He is refreshingly consistant in his political views. I liked that he gave McCain a whole bunch of crap during the primary and he pointed out what a liberal McCain was all during the election process. That had many angry with him and then there were those like me who were glad he said what he felt not what he thought he should.

The messiah part is a good one. I can remember thinking God, these people worship him! Its kind of funny that they play on that with their dido head comments they make to eachother (the callers and Rush) to make fun of people like I was and some still are.

The very best thing about all these call in political shows is....the callers not the hosts.

You get a feel for the people around you and in other states.

Ill be honest, when the original Glenn Beck nappy headed hos comments came out, my first question was, Who is Glenn Beck? He seems to come on in the middle of the night AK time, so I honestly havent heard much of him. .

Glenn Beck never said anything like that at all

It was Howard Stern or something and he got fired for it but went to satelite radio.

Obama was one speaking out for his being fired for saying racist comments in public all while going to a racist church, it was really funny in a sick and twisted sort of way

Careful Pandora, your begining to sound like a bot here. But that is the key point here, when you criticize Obama and people who find something in him, as mindless or whatever, but both sides have thier personalities that thier respective followers enjoy, and not surprisingly the other side cannot for the life of them, understand why. .

There is a huge difference in someone who makes a way for people to communicate with eachother and someone who made a way that you can all go watch him while he speaks from his teleprompter and waits for the next girl to faint.

Rush was the first one to do talk radio, the first one to let people like me find out I am not alone in my thinking there are people all over the US who also are sick of this or think that’s wrong or whatever the issue is.

Unlike obama it’s much less about Rush and much more about the power he gave the people who call in to be able to speak their minds and know people are listening.

I'm kind of bothered about this whole thing... Limbaugh was seen this weekend as the GOP leader. His words meant more than what steele had to say. In fact Steele had to aplogized to Limbaugh for his comments. If that's the route the GOP is taking than they're going to be in deep crap in 2010....:mad:

Steele did not "have" to say he was sorry, But what he said came out rude and it was nice of him as a person to say he was sorry it came out the way it did.

Rush is not the leader of anything except his own business...

I think the GOP's biggest problem is trying to be democrat light

We all have those moments, most of the time they are not the basis for national politics and under the eye of interational relations. There is a massive difference in what you manage in your own life versus what Steele says towards the media.

Yeah, please let us all know tomorrow when it concerns Rush's remarks towards Steele.

If I hear it I will let you know :)

I listen to a radio with ear buds at work but I cant just listen to the whole thing just when I am doing things that dont take my hearing skills :)

Werbung:
I hope Thompson sounds more active and involved than he did during the Prez campaign. I was rooting for him, but sometimes I got the feeling he wasn't all that interested in being President. No wonder he was the first one out.

He tried to run his national campaign the same way he ran his state campagin. Namely by traveling around and having town hall meeting type events. Problem is, that might work when you are traveling around one state, but attempting to do that on a national level doesn't work. Simply too many places to go, and too little time to do it.

He like to meet people face to face. Unfortunatly, during a nation campaign you absolutely have to do some TV time.

He also had the problem that he didn't want to attack John McCain since they were friend. Which that's honorable, but doesn't work well when the front runner with a supportive media, is McCain.

Back