Most admired man and woman

PLC1

Staff member
According to a USA Today/Gallup poll, the most admired man is Barack Obama, and the most admired woman is Hillary Clinton.

Obama Named Most Admired Man For Third Straight Year

Survey takers were asked: "What man that you have heard or read about, living today in any part of the world, do you admire most?" Obama was named on 22 percent of ballots, well ahead of former presidents George W. Bush, who was second at 5 percent, and Bill Clinton at 4 percent.

Meanwhile, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was the most admired woman, garnering 17 percent of the vote. Sarah Palin was next with 12 percent, followed by Oprah Winfrey with 11 percent.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Werbung:
According to a USA Today/Gallup poll, the most admired man is Barack Obama, and the most admired woman is Hillary Clinton.

I do find it somewhat ironic that politicians seem to be the most admired people these days...

Personally, I think that is pretty sad.

We all claim we want to end "politics as usual", and then we oh so admire the politicians (in both parties) than perpetuate it.

To be honest I dont admire any of those people listed. I admire my parents the most for putting up with me.

They recieved that much more of the vote simply because they are in the news constantly at present. If the poll was taken when bush or clintion were in office they would have had the most at that time.

Obama got a plurality from the liberal left because he's their leader, as would the devil if he were. :D

The remarkable thing about the poll results is the smallness of that plurality.

Werbung:
I do find it somewhat ironic that politicians seem to be the most admired people these days...

Personally, I think that is pretty sad.

We all claim we want to end "politics as usual", and then we oh so admire the politicians (in both parties) than perpetuate it.

Agreed, 100%. It's difficult to understand just how people pick their heroes.

They recieved that much more of the vote simply because they are in the news constantly at present. If the poll was taken when bush or clintion were in office they would have had the most at that time.

Except in the case of Obama, at least, the admiration goes back for three years, which includes the last year of the Bush administration.

Back