Nato Offensive

Gipper

May God protect our troops fighting at this moment and grant them the ability to complete their mission with few casualties. Semper Fi...and God bless America.

semper_fi.gif

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-02-13-nato-launches-major-afghanistan-offensive

Werbung:
If god was on your side, no soldier would be killed, or even injured.

I would be most pleased if you could tell me under circumstance this god you believe in will protect soldiers, and in what circumstances the divine being will choose not to.

Comrade Stalin of Gori

If god was on your side, no soldier would be killed, or even injured.

I would be most pleased if you could tell me under circumstance this god you believe in will protect soldiers, and in what circumstances the divine being will choose not to.

Comrade Stalin of Gori

I am surprised at your response Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili.

Did you forget your training in the Seminary before you became a blood thirsty Marxist murderer?

Rotting in Hell for eternity sounds like a good punishment for you.

I am surprised at your response Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili.

Did you forget your training in the Seminary before you became a blood thirsty Marxist murderer?

Rotting in Hell for eternity sounds like a good punishment for you.

Please answer the question.

Comrade Stalin

Predictably, almost inevitably, the usual poor standards of marksmanship and unctious handwringing that accompany these imperial misadventures are on display in the second day.

"...Nato has confirmed that two rockets fired at militants during its offensive in Helmand, south Afghanistan, missed their target and killed 12 civilians.

The rockets struck a house in Marjah as thousands of Nato troops continued their operations to oust the Taliban.

Nato's commander Gen Stanley McChrystal said that "we deeply regret this tragic loss of life".

Coalition forces are aiming to build on gains in Operation Moshtarak, tackling snipers and booby-traps on day two.

A third Nato death related to the operation has also been confirmed.

Operation Moshtarak, meaning "together" in the Dari language, is the biggest coalition attack since the Taliban fell in 2001.

The operation is also the first big test of US President Barack Obama's new "surge" strategy for Afghanistan.

Rocket system suspended

Civilian casualties have been a key concern for the Nato-led offensive. .."

more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8515141.stm

Comrade Stalin

Predictably, almost inevitably, the usual poor standards of marksmanship and unctious handwringing that accompany these imperial misadventures are on display in the second day.

"...Nato has confirmed that two rockets fired at militants during its offensive in Helmand, south Afghanistan, missed their target and killed 12 civilians.

The rockets struck a house in Marjah as thousands of Nato troops continued their operations to oust the Taliban.

Nato's commander Gen Stanley McChrystal said that "we deeply regret this tragic loss of life".

Coalition forces are aiming to build on gains in Operation Moshtarak, tackling snipers and booby-traps on day two.

A third Nato death related to the operation has also been confirmed.

Operation Moshtarak, meaning "together" in the Dari language, is the biggest coalition attack since the Taliban fell in 2001.

The operation is also the first big test of US President Barack Obama's new "surge" strategy for Afghanistan.

Rocket system suspended

Civilian casualties have been a key concern for the Nato-led offensive. .."

more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8515141.stm

Comrade Stalin

yes oddly they don't have magic guns that never miss...I guess unlike the Taliban who belive there bullets are guided by allah...Lucky us as that means they don't know how to aim well ( most of them)

And I notice you say nothing when planned attacks on civilians happen...where they TARGET them..

your just mad once again the People of Afghanistan are backing the US...not your USSR ( who Afghanistan crushed) or now your little Taliban as you apparently love human rights abuse, and love the forced Fundamental Islamic view on the people...

yes oddly they don't have magic guns that never miss...I guess unlike the Taliban who belive there bullets are guided by allah...Lucky us as that means they don't know how to aim well ( most of them)

And I notice you say nothing when planned attacks on civilians happen...where they TARGET them..

your just mad once again the People of Afghanistan are backing the US...not your USSR ( who Afghanistan crushed) or now your little Taliban as you apparently love human rights abuse, and love the forced Fundamental Islamic view on the people...

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic demonstration of the strawman logical fallacy.

In this case, the fallacy is presented as any one who opposes imperial fiat MUST be a supporter of religious fanaticism.

Conveniently Forgotten is the fact that the Taliban is primarily a creation of Pakistani and US intellience agencies and armed to the teeth by Uncle Sam.

Comrade Stalin

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic demonstration of the strawman logical fallacy.

In this case, the fallacy is presented as any one who opposes imperial fiat MUST be a supporter of religious fanaticism.

Conveniently Forgotten is the fact that the Taliban is primarily a creation of Pakistani and US intellience agencies and armed to the teeth by Uncle Sam.

Comrade Stalin

actually formed in Afghanistan...gained some backing in Pakistan...Radicalized later in time...and US always was against the radicals...that's why men like karzi left the Taliban early on, and where almost killed for it...

Conveniently Forgotten is the fact that the Taliban is primarily a creation of Pakistani and US intellience agencies and armed to the teeth by Uncle Sam.Comrade Stalin

Which is quite interesting in some respects in that the impetus for that decision was taken in part because of the barbaric way in which the Russian forces were conducting the war in Afghanistan. Wholesale murder of complete villages was not uncommon and of course maiming children was a objective of the war; more family members would have to remain behind to look after the children thus taking out potential fighters. A great strategy undertaken by a great nation - perhaps you would have agreed with that course of action Stalin as this was all done in the name of your political doctrine?

Whether God is on ones side or protecting your troops is neither here nor there I think the overriding point is the basis for the counter-insurgency currently being undertaken is at least being conducted in with oversight, rules of engagement and with the full glare of the world's press.

It is also important to remember that the Russians engage in bad war and Nato allies in good war.

I think that is what it says in the western propaganda leaflet that landed in my garden this morning.

Oh and god is on the side of the US whether it is arming the Taliban or fighting them.

Whether it is arming Saddam or fighting him.

All very confusing if you ask me.

May God protect our troops fighting at this moment and grant them the ability to complete their mission with few casualties.
Not to worry. Rummy isn't micromanaging this one....​

"But what's important about this operation is that it is the first major operation in which we will demonstrate, I think successfully, that the new elements of the strategy which combine not only security operations but economic reform and good governance at the local and regional level, with a much more visible presence of Afghan forces, will take place.

And then this is critical, I think, to achieving our goals in Afghanistan. It's critical to regaining control of the south. Helmand River valley, of course, has the — is the center for a lot of bad things that we've been worried about for a long time.

The arrival of our new troops and the resurgence of the commitment that everyone's given to this is really palpable. We have more civilians on the ground that are working hand in hand with the military, AID, and international aid is flowing more effectively.

And so the combination of all these things, I think, is going to give the people of the southern part of this country a renewed sense that this is the — this is their destiny and they can help shape it in a very powerful way over the next few weeks."

633694650203567960-TheresanewSheriffinTown-t2.jpg

CHRIS WALLACE is a whiney, lil' DICK!!

Werbung:
actually formed in Afghanistan...gained some backing in Pakistan...Radicalized later in time...and US always was against the radicals...that's why men like karzi left the Taliban early on, and where almost killed for it...

Not true.

"...The PDPA, led by Nur Mohammad Taraki, Babrak Karmal and Amin overthrew the regime of Mohammad Daoud, who was killed along with his family. The uprising was known as the Khalq, or Great Saur Revolution ('Saur' means 'April' in Pashto). On May 1, 1978, Taraki became President, Prime Minister and General Secretary of the PDPA. The country was then renamed the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan (DRA), and the PDPA regime lasted, in some form or another, until April 1992.

The 1978 Khalq uprising against the government of Daoud Khan was essentially a resurgence by the Ghilzai tribe of the Pashtun against the Durrani (the tribe of Daoud Khan and the previous monarchy).

Once in power, the PDPA moved to permit freedom of religion and carried out an ambitious land reform, waiving farmers' debts countrywide. They also made a number of statements on women's rights and introduced women to political life. A prominent example was Anahita Ratebzad, who was a major Marxist leader and a member of the Revolutionary Council. Ratebzad wrote the famous May 28, 1978 New Kabul Times editorial which declared: "Privileges which women, by right, must have are equal education, job security, health services, and free time to rear a healthy generation for building the future of the country ... Educating and enlightening women is now the subject of close government attention."

Many people in the cities including Kabul either welcomed or were ambivalent to these policies. However, the secular nature of the government made it unpopular with religiously conservative Afghans in the villages and the countryside, who favoured traditionalist 'Islamic' law.

The U.S. saw the situation as a prime opportunity to weaken the Soviet Union. As part of a Cold War strategy, in 1979 the United States government (under President Jimmy Carter) began to covertly fund forces ranged against the pro-Soviet government, although warned that this might prompt a Soviet intervention, according to President Carter's National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski described the U.S. activities as the successful setting of a trap that drew the Soviet Union into "its Vietnam War" and brought about the breakup of the Soviet empire. Regarding U.S. support for Islamic fundamentalism, Brzezinski said, "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?"[63] The Mujahideen belonged to various different factions, but all shared, to varying degrees, a similarly conservative 'Islamic' ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan

Comrade Stalin

Back