Nato Offensive

If god was on your side, no soldier would be killed, or even injured.

I would be most pleased if you could tell me under circumstance this god you believe in will protect soldiers, and in what circumstances the divine being will choose not to.

Comrade Stalin of Gori

I am STILL waiting for you to answer my Question

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
This is not good news. Finley is consistently conservative and a very good writer. If he is correct, we need to get our troops out of that sh*thole now.

Civilian casualties are an inevitable and regrettable cost of war. They ought to be avoided whenever possible.

But it's not always possible when the lives of Americans are at stake.

Harry Truman rained down hellfire on Japan's civilian population to spare the lives of a half-million allied troops.

He wasn't worried about Japanese resentment. He was trying to avoid sending any more "We regret to inform you ..." letters.

Maybe our kinder, gentler warfare will soothe the Afghan people.

But if it results in higher U.S. troop deaths and injuries, it will lose the hearts and minds of the American people, who have every reason to expect their government to value the lives of their soldiers -- their children -- more than a PR campaign to win over the people our troops are dying for.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100221...stan-strategy-sacrifices-troops#ixzz0gAzLV7XL

The world's greatest force for good...
bilde

You will have to wait until Hell freezes over.

I do not respond to someone using a screen name of a mass murder worse than Hitler.

Absolutely feeble. Ad hominem logical fallacy alert.

When it comes to mass murder, Reagan has the death of thousands of Nicaraguan civilians against his name.

Having cleared that up, please anwer my question.

Comrade Stalin

This is not good news. Finley is consistently conservative and a very good writer. If he is correct, we need to get our troops out of that sh*thole now.

The world's greatest force for good...
bilde

your unamerican, and a wimp with no backbone..

just think all the things said when liberals where against the Iraq war....now you think we should run , against the group who actuly attacked us? Well then again thats what the Gipper did...bomb our marines in Lebanon? Run away with tail between your legs.

But don't worry , that writer clearly has Zero clue what he is talking about...WWII was not a COIN Operation...It was a all out war. If you think a all out war against Afghanistan would make us safe, your are very sadly mistaken.

your unamerican, and a wimp with no backbone..

just think all the things said when liberals where against the Iraq war....now you think we should run , against the group who actuly attacked us? Well then again thats what the Gipper did...bomb our marines in Lebanon? Run away with tail between your legs.

But don't worry , that writer clearly has Zero clue what he is talking about...WWII was not a COIN Operation...It was a all out war. If you think a all out war against Afghanistan would make us safe, your are very sadly mistaken.

Pockets why so testy. You called me unamerican and a wimp. That is not nice. Did the mods warn you?

And my point was if our military leaders are more interested in protecting civilians over our troops, then it is time to go. America has tried valiantly to prevent civilian deaths in all wars since WWII. This is a good thing but not at the expense of our troops.

We can never win a war if the number one goal is prevention of civilian deaths. So, lets get it now or dramatically reduce our ground forces rather than prolong the inevitable.

Pockets why so testy. You called me unamerican and a wimp. That is not nice. Did the mods warn you?

And my point was if our military leaders are more interested in protecting civilians over our troops, then it is time to go. America has tried valiantly to prevent civilian deaths in all wars since WWII. This is a good thing but not at the expense of our troops.

We can never win a war if the number one goal is prevention of civilian deaths. So, lets get it now or dramatically reduce our ground forces rather than prolong the inevitable.

my point was to point out all the things said at liberals, if they had suggested pulling out of Iraq..

And its very clear that you have no clue about how to fight a COIN...

my point was to point out all the things said at liberals, if they had suggested pulling out of Iraq..

And its very clear that you have no clue about how to fight a COIN...

I can't know your point if you do not make it.

You minimize Iraq War actions by liberals. They were for the war before they were against it. They stated Saddam had WMD before the war, but when none were found after we invaded they turned. No more treasonous actions have ever been committed in the history of our nation, except for Benedict Arnold and Hanoi Jane.

Purely for political advantage, liberals committed treason and have yet to pay for it.

I can't know your point if you do not make it.

You minimize Iraq War actions by liberals. They were for the war before they were against it. They stated Saddam had WMD before the war, but when none were found after we invaded they turned. No more treasonous actions have ever been committed in the history of our nation, except for Benedict Arnold and Hanoi Jane.

Purely for political advantage, liberals committed treason and have yet to pay for it.

you mean they beloved there was possibly WMD called for more inspections...and war as a last resort....then they started to question it as more and more we fount the intel lacking and or lies....then found that war was not a last option...but the only option Bush Co was ever interested in...then watched Bush poorly plan the invasion, show complete lack of understanding of how bad it was getting with the Insurgence....O yea also there was No WMD....

But yea, thats almost the same as...they helped Bin Laden kill 3000 people on Sept 11....but lets out our tail between our legs and run because it may not be a easy war to fight...I guess your just sad we can;t kill more civilians?

Its funny you would cry the left is weak on national security...and you don't seem to have the backbone to even fight those who attack us...

Gipper ( AKA Ronald Reagan, the mass murderer of Nicaragua ), it looks like the Head of Central Command does not share your touching faith in the big guy upstairs...

"...As coalition and Afghan forces entered the second week of a major offensive against the Taliban in southern Afghanistan, the head of U.S. Central Command warned that the potential loss of lives among U.S. forces in the operation "will be tough."

Gen. David Petraeus said the losses could be comparable to those seen after the 2007 surge of U.S. troops into Iraq.

"They'll be tough. They were tough in Iraq," Petraeus said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

From the time the U.S. surge in Iraq began in January 2007 until its official end in July 2008, 1,125 U.S. troops died -- more than a quarter of the total 4,379 Americans who have died in the Iraq war.

"The reality is that it's hard, but we are [in Afghanistan] for a very, very important reason, we can't forget that," he added. "We're in Afghanistan to ensure that it cannot once again be a sanctuary for the kinds of attacks that were carried out on 9/11."

Despite stiff Taliban resistance to Operation Moshtarak in Helmand province, Petraeus said that the militants are "a bit disjointed at this point in time."

"When we go on the offensive, when we take away sanctuaries and safe havens from the Taliban and other extremist elements that we and our Afghan and coalition partners are fighting in that country, they're going to fight back," he added. "And we're seeing that in Marjah, we will see that in other areas, but we are going after them across the spectrum."

Petraeus noted that the offensive is just the "initial salvo" of what will be a 12- to 18-month military campaign, but results are being seen already..."

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/21/petraeus.afghanistan/index.html

Comrade Stalin, Victor of the Great Patriotic War against the Hitlerite Pestilence.

America has tried valiantly to prevent civilian deaths in all wars since WWII.

3 million killed in Vietnam does not look like valiance.

It looks like what it is - a bully picking on what they thought was a soft target and ending up getting their butts kicked. Well kicked.

Full marks to the heroic Vietnamese resistance for their well-deserved victory.

Comrade Stalin

3 million killed in Vietnam does not look like valiance.

It looks like what it is - a bully picking on what they thought was a soft target and ending up getting their butts kicked. Well kicked.

Full marks to the heroic Vietnamese resistance for their well-deserved victory.

Comrade Stalin

Again you get it wrong. The North Vietnamese were the agressors, not the resistance. And the only reason for their "victory" was the lack of will on the part of left wing loonies here in the States to fight the war as needed.

North Vietnam was not a signatory to SEATO, and was not a recognized government.

As to your "god" question, I doubt you can find an instance in the OT where no soldier was killed while fighting under God's direction. That is not His intent, nor will it ever be. His intent is solely to stem the tide of evil as demonstrated by the communists, and other groups that utilize terrorism. If it was God's will that none die He would simply destroy the enemy, and no one would have to fight.

Christians pray for protection, however, it should always be ended with "Thy will be done".

... the only reason for their "victory" was the lack of will on the part of left wing loonies here in the States to fight the war as needed.

A popular myth that has as much truth as the similar claim by Hitler, and others, that Germany lost WW1 because it was stabbed in the back by the Jews.

The warcrime of the invasion of Iraq went ahead despite the worldwide opposition in the streets from MILLIONS of people.

The US WarParty does not care what you or others think or do. They have an agenda of hegemony and will implement it no matter what.

There never was a North Vietnam, only a colonial fiction in the south of the country.

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
Back