New, shiny forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werbung:
can I suggest changing the top part of the screen a bit? with add looking larger, and then the HOP logo..the threads are so far down the screen you almost don't notice them at first. Other then that looks good, and I even have my old logo back that I can see! ( not sure if this is from change or recent anti virus sweep,,,

can I suggest changing the top part of the screen a bit? with add looking larger, and then the HOP logo..the threads are so far down the screen you almost don't notice them at first. Other then that looks good, and I even have my old logo back that I can see! ( not sure if this is from change or recent anti virus sweep,,,

The height of the logo and all above is the same - only currently the header is a bit larger because of the notices ("read the announcement" and so on), but you can dismiss the two announcements: hover over the right end of the announcement box, a small X appears and you can close the announcement box.

All seems good. I've been on a couple XenForo forums, it's good software. If you want the equivalent to "Today's Posts", first click "What's New" and then near the top right there will be a link "All Recent Messages"--or you can do what I do, save www.houseofpolitics.com/find-new/threads?recent=1 as a bookmark.

I can't say I'm a fan of the current skin/theme, mainly the white and gray border around everyone's avatars and the gray behind all text in posts... But at least it isn't fixed width (cringe).

Also, you forgot to put a favicon.

All seems good. I've been on a couple XenForo forums, it's good software. If you want the equivalent to "Today's Posts", first click "What's New" and then near the top right there will be a link "All Recent Messages"--or you can do what I do, save www.houseofpolitics.com/find-new/threads?recent=1 as a bookmark.

I can't say I'm a fan of the current skin/theme, mainly the white and gray border around everyone's avatars and the gray behind all text in posts... But at least it isn't fixed width (cringe).

Also, you forgot to put a favicon.

what is a favicon?

A favicon is the tiny icon that your browser shows as a tab, it also shows as bookmarks on most browsers. On my website it shows as a purple K. On a lot of vBulletin forums, they leave the standard V icon. When you go to YouTube, it shows as a play button surrounded by red.

A favicon is the tiny icon that your browser shows as a tab, it also shows as bookmarks on most browsers. On my website it shows as a purple K. On a lot of vBulletin forums, they leave the standard V icon. When you go to YouTube, it shows as a play button surrounded by red.
ah ok... I never noticed that before. Thanks for explaining it to me and by the way, welcome to the HOP

Im glad you didnt go Vb4 walt!!!!!

This is MUCH BETTER (Although what we had before was better than this)

Thank you for not going vb4!

Hehe not at all bud!

I am on my friend floris's site who is also running XENFORO (Floris used to be with Vbulletin,A VERY NICE GUY!!!)

http://wetalknation.net

EDIT:

Looks like its closed :(

Werbung:
Amazing, this place actually looks to have made a positive change in appearance. Now, all you have to do is get a few more members.

Just observing occasionally from afar, the traffic here looks slower than driving between Tacoma and Seattle during rush hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back